Sprint and/or Verizon getting some Samsung love

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung's Omnia 7 refresh (SGH-i708) sails through FCC with FF camera | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

This is awesome news. Omnia 7 is widely considered to be the best WP7 phone yet (SAMOLED screen and metal unibody design), but it only came out in Europe.

Is the Samsung Omnia 7 coming to USA with a front-facing camera in tow? | WMPoweruser

WMPU is reporting it has CDMA bands so it looks like it will be going to either Sprint or Verizon. And presumably it will be upgraded to the newer 2nd gen Snapdragon.

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I hope Sprint gets this one. Im about to bail on T-mobile in a couple months and have been looking at sprint pretty heavily. Im gonna keep my fingers crossed for this one.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I hope Sprint gets this one. Im about to bail on T-mobile in a couple months and have been looking at sprint pretty heavily. Im gonna keep my fingers crossed for this one.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

I was thinking of bailing on Sprint for Tmobile if they get the Titan. I'm a big fan of Sprint's but they just haven't embraced WP7 fast enough. How's your experience been with TMobile?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If this goes to Sprint, I could get three new customers that will buy that phone in one day. I sure wish that would happen sooner than later.

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of bailing on Sprint for Tmobile if they get the Titan. I'm a big fan of Sprint's but they just haven't embraced WP7 fast enough. How's your experience been with TMobile?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

I guess it depends on where you live. I live in Las Vegas and T-mobile is great but I travel to California a lot and I never really have a great data signal anywhere when I'm there. Sprint Works throughout my building really well here in town but I barely get signal with T-mobile.

As a company, they're fantastic. They really have done a lot to make me feel like a valued customer and I've been with them since 2004 (using an original sidekick). I would recommend them here in town but I haven't had great experiences other places.

I'm looking over the other companies and have decided it's going to be either Sprint or Verizon but VZW is so freakin' expensive. I'd rather just go the sprint route and if they get the exact phone I want, then that's just icing on the cake.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Seems destined for both CDMA and GSM carriers no?
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1429759

Good to see some CDMA love.

My guess is that it will be a Sprint or Verizon "world phone". Those phones can work on both CDMA and GSM, and come with a SIM card in order to roam on GSM networks in other countries.

I'd love to see the Omnia 7 on all 4 major carriers in the USA, but realistically, that's now how we do things over here :( The carriers all want their own exclusive models.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720