Any Verizon WP7 announced yet?

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think from what I have read the HTC Titan, Radar and the Samsung WP are all not going to be on verizon. Has anyone heard differently or of any other devices coming to verizon?? I like the trophy and its cheap, but If im going to buy a phone and have it for 2 years I kind of would like something new! My blackberry is about to die though!!!

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My boat exactly. There's been not a peep from Verizon about WP7. I have my fingers crossed with Mango on its way but they seem to be dragging their feet on WP7.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for them to get a new WP7 phone as well. It's killing me. Though the Trophy is only a cent on Amazon plus you get a $50 gift card...but I want a new phone as well if I'm going to be locked into a contract.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My company pays for my phone SERVICE but I pay for the phone. To Verizon, that means I'm on a corporate account so I get no cheap phone deals through Amazon.

squadbumrush

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Why lock yourself into a 2 year contract. For a couple of hundred you can buy the phone outright through Amazon or NewEgg and be on a 30 day contract.

Can you elaborate on the "30 day contract" please? I checked both Amazon and NewEgg and in each case the HTC Trophy costs ~$489 when purchased as a replacement (no contract) phone. The other subsidized options all require a 2-year contract, as far as I can tell.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Can you elaborate on the "30 day contract" please? I checked both Amazon and NewEgg and in each case the HTC Trophy costs ~$489 when purchased as a replacement (no contract) phone. The other subsidized options all require a 2-year contract, as far as I can tell.
With carriers, you have 2 options for service: 1) a 2-year contract or 2) month-to-month/30-day/no contract.

squadbumrush

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
With carriers, you have 2 options for service: 1) a 2-year contract or 2) month-to-month/30-day/no contract.

Ah, I think I understand what you are saying now. I misunderstood that you were suggesting there was a 30-day subsidized price hidden somewhere in the buying options.

That said, if you are out of contract and you purchase the phone at full retail price, what benefit is there to entering a 30-day contract with the carrier? Why not stay out of contract?

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung's Omnia 7 refresh (SGH-i708) sails through FCC with FF camera | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

A newer version of the Omnia 7 went through FCC certification and it has CDMA bands. There's a good chance it's going to Verizon.

Other than that, the only other rumor I've heard is that Nokia has a high-end device heading to Verizon. No idea when it'll come out, but it will probably be announced at Nokia world October 26. Oh yeah and someone at the MS BUILD conference last week had a "Nokia 900". . .
Rumour: Multiple Nokia Windows Phones coming to USA, but not Nokia Sea Ray | WMPoweruser
Nokia 900 Windows Phone appears on a remote connection

sinister4g63

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoy my Trophy! It reminds so much of my nexus one in terms of build quality and feel. With Mango it is even better. I am just hoping that whatever phone or phones VZW release has LTE support and and FFC. I have never been a big fan of Samsung phones build quality. I am hoping for an HTC or Nokia phone. That matched with a Windows 8 tablet (when they do come out) will be my perfect tech combo.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

I don't want to pay $480 for an outdated phone.

You need to look at No Contract Phones. Amazon also has them along with EBay. Then you need to select a Carrier or unlocked GSM. Here's Amazon link:

Amazon.com: no contract cell phones

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoy my Trophy! It reminds so much of my nexus one in terms of build quality and feel. With Mango it is even better. I am just hoping that whatever phone or phones VZW release has LTE support and and FFC. I have never been a big fan of Samsung phones build quality. I am hoping for an HTC or Nokia phone. That matched with a Windows 8 tablet (when they do come out) will be my perfect tech combo.

The Samsung Omnia 7 seems to have a far better build quality than most of Samsung's smartphones. It actually has a metal body, along with the same screen as the Focus.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to see a Nokia offering on Verizon. I just hope the rumors of a lower screen resolution aren't true.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

squadbumrush

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You need to look at No Contract Phones. Amazon also has them along with EBay. Then you need to select a Carrier or unlocked GSM. Here's Amazon link:

Amazon.com: no contract cell phones

Forgive me, but I can't find anything in that link that answers my question. I know how to search for "no contract cell phones"; as proof of this, I resubmit the previous full retail (no contract) price quote of ~$489 for the HTC Trophy on VZW.

In case my question wasn't clear the first time, I'm wondering if you can explain or point me towards more information regarding the 30-day contract you mentioned before. Thanks in advance!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me, but I can't find anything in that link that answers my question. I know how to search for "no contract cell phones"; as proof of this, I resubmit the previous full retail (no contract) price quote of ~$489 for the HTC Trophy on VZW.

In case my question wasn't clear the first time, I'm wondering if you can explain or point me towards more information regarding the 30-day contract you mentioned before. Thanks in advance!

I think he means buy a phone off contract so you don't extend yours for two years. That way you still have an upgrade to use when a higher end phone comes out. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I think he means buy a phone off contract so you don't extend yours for two years. That way you still have an upgrade to use when a higher end phone comes out. Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Exactly. Is Verizon telling you something different?

Or if you ever switch to AT&T or T-Mobile, you can just use a "Pay As You Go" SIM card

Or as another example, one of the other WP7 phone I was looking at was the LG Quantum. At the AT&T shop it is listed for $399.99 off contract, but if you look at NewEgg you can buy it off contract for $219.99 Newegg.com - LG Quantum Black 3G Windows Phone 7 Cell Phone with Wi-Fi / GPS / 16GB Internal Memory For AT&T (C900)

Candide yams

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So since Verizon is owned partially by Vodafone, I've noticed they all share the same WP7 phone (Trophy). I think that if we see a phone come to Vodafone there's a strong chance it'll be coming to Verizon too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss