Tired of waiting

L

lumic

Remember when the Verizon iPhone launched? 2011. When did the iPhone launch? 2007. Verizon's a terrible carrier.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Remember when the Verizon iPhone launched? 2011. When did the iPhone launch? 2007. Verizon's a terrible carrier.

I agree, I am not sure how they became number one in America. Sprint, I can understand people wanted to use, just because of their pricing. But between VZW and AT&T, it seems a clear choice.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Well I can't say anything about Verizon because I have AT&T so I don't know what the experience is like, however the reason that Verizon took so long to get the iphone was because AT&T had exclusivity on Apple. The deal lasted up until 2010 at which time they were allowed to produce a device for Verizon.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is number one for no other reason than coverage. They have the best rural coverage in all of South/Southeast Texas, and surely that isn't the only example. People should choose carriers because of coverage, not because of the OS. (Because, after all, what's a phone without signal?) That being said, because I'm such a rabid WP-lover, I'm willing to take a cut in my wonderful VZW signal and switch to AT&T for a high-grade Mango phone. I'll just have to drive without service twice as much as I usually do. :\

Last edited:

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is number one for no other reason than coverage. They have the best rural coverage in all of South/Southeast Texas, and that isn't the only example of it. People should choose carriers because of coverage, not because of the OS. (Because, after all, what's a phone without signal?) That being said, I'm willing to take a cut in my wonderful VZW signal and switch to AT&T for a high-grade Mango phone. I'll just have to drive without service twice as much as I usually do. :\

Well, I don't really get good reception on any carrier around where I live, but I am overseas alot, and so VZW phones don't work at all. So, ultimately, AT&T has the best coverage period, just because they are GSM. I am tired of only getting Blackberries to choose from on Sprint for global devices. But, I suppose if you never leave the country then it doesn't matter.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I chose the Imagio because it is a global phone. I believe Verizon's Trophy is also a global phone. Verizon seems to be pretty good at having their key phones global-ready.

ButtonedRC

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is number one for no other reason than coverage. They have the best rural coverage in all of South/Southeast Texas, and surely that isn't the only example. People should choose carriers because of coverage, not because of the OS. (Because, after all, what's a phone without signal?) That being said, because I'm such a rabid WP-lover, I'm willing to take a cut in my wonderful VZW signal and switch to AT&T for a high-grade Mango phone. I'll just have to drive without service twice as much as I usually do. :\

This is the reason I have Verizon. (Well that and the corporate discount I get on my account.) It's the only company where I get a signal in my house where I live in Ohio. I have friends who have the all the other major 3 carries (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile) and they have to leave my house to make a phone call or get a signal.

So, I'm stuck with the Trophy. Don't get me wrong the Trophy is a solid phone but it would be nice if Verizon at least came out with a second Windows Phone. Preferrably somthing with a certain 4.7 inch screen. Or even an AMOLED screen.

My upgrade is available in mid November so hopefully something will be announced for Verizon by then.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
So, looks like the new HTC devices go on sale tomorrow in the UK. And from the sound of it, the rest of Europe won't be far behind. Lucky for everyone in Europe!

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
It has by far the best coverage in the DC area and it's the ONLY carrier that has antennae in the tunnels of the Metro here. I say this as a previous AT&T and Sprint wireless customer. The other carriers are just starting running antennae but Verizon did it years ago and managed to have an exclusive on it because they would allow their rivals to "roam" on Verizon's antennae. This was back when the service was analog. When they switched to digital, it immediately cut off any service that isn't CDMA and limits Sprint to voice only).

It sucks but in DC, Verizon is almost the only game in town. Speaking of which, I wonder if there is game tonight at the Verizon Center? ;-)

WayneDiesel34

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Having the best coverage is the best reason for being number one. What's the point in having a hot phone with crappy coverage?????

That's all I hear from my friends with T-mobile and AT&T.

Why do you think so many people left AT&T when VZW got the iPhone? Coverage.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I already understand that I'm going to have less coverage. I will still have signal around my day-to-day areas, but when I go visit my parents or sister or drive pretty much anywhere, it is going to be pretty hit or miss. However, I'd rather have a Focus S or Titan on AT&T (which doesn't have TERRIBLE coverage, just not as good) than be stuck with a Trophy, iPhone, or Bionic on Verizon.

WayneDiesel34

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I already understand that I'm going to have less coverage. I will still have signal around my day-to-day areas, but when I go visit my parents or sister or drive pretty much anywhere, it is going to be pretty hit or miss. However, I'd rather have a Focus S or Titan on AT&T (which doesn't have TERRIBLE coverage, just not as good) than be stuck with a Trophy, iPhone, or Bionic on Verizon.

But all 3 of those phones you mentioned runs rings around that dinosaur that you're rocking lol.

Well let's just hope that when you get your hot phone that you don't get caught in one of those "miss" zones when you really need your phone to work.

Unlike you, I would have ANY phone on Verizon (which doesn't just have GOOD coverage, they have GREAT coverage) than be stuck with ANY phone on AT&T.

That's like have a Bentley with a putt putt engine. Looks great, but doesn't run as good.

sepulcro

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I don't see the value of the front facing camera; but, I am also waiting for the next WP7 device on Verizon so I'll keep using my droid until then.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
But all 3 of those phones you mentioned runs rings around that dinosaur that you're rocking lol.

Well let's just hope that when you get your hot phone that you don't get caught in one of those "miss" zones when you really need your phone to work.

Unlike you, I would have ANY phone on Verizon (which doesn't just have GOOD coverage, they have GREAT coverage) than be stuck with ANY phone on AT&T.

That's like have a Bentley with a putt putt engine. Looks great, but doesn't run as good.

Since I won a free Focus, I think I'm going to stick with my old dinosaur until Verizon gets a legitimate Windows Phone. I'd rather keep my Imagio (which is still kicking, thanks to the dev community; I just put a new ROM on it this weekend) for a few more months and have a WP7 on WiFi only than switch to the Trophy for two years. (I would've switched to the Trophy if I had been available for upgrade the day it came out, but being so late, I'm not getting stuck with a Trophy for two years starting now.) So it looks like I'm staying with Verizon!

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Verizon BEST COVERAGE and Service

Exactly. I don't blame you for moving onto another device/OS if your provider isn't carrying anything new, but that's your provider's fault. If you like WP7 and are close to being out of contract, that could be another option.

I think everyone's forgotten that Coverage is KING. I remember when ATT first came out with the IPhone everyone I talked to LOVED the phone EXCEPT you couldn't make phone calls (and forget the web). Many people (me included) are on Verizon because they have the BEST, MOST CONSISTENT coverage. And my experience with customer service has also been excellent (SPEAK ENGLISH, very short wait times). SO, I don't know whose fault is but if it's not on Verizon then I don't get it. Now that the IPhones on 3 carriers (and with a cheap IPhone) MS better get their act together or WP7 will be just like the the Zune HD. Everyone says wait - how much longer till Verizon has a nice WP7 (not a mediocre design with 18 month old hardware like the Trophy). Don't tell me specs don't matter - if I am locked into a two year contract I want a more modern processor (not just clock speed - better battery life), more memory (512 MB not enough for future proof - need at least 768MB, preferably a Gig), more storage - min 32 GB, maybe even 64 GB- especially since it non-expandable. Also, if you are the average person WP7 doesn't exist. Watch TV - plenty of HTC and Samsung ads (only for Android), plenty Verizon Ads pushing Android, plenty of Apple ads pushing IPhones. Microsoft better get its act together with the OEMs/Carriers or they are NEVER going to get any market share - no matter how nice the OS is.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss