11-06-2011 10:29 AM
74 123
tools
    That picture was just one of the concept renders Nokia released the day they made their Windows Phone announcement. It may or may not end up being a real product.

That said, you just know Nokia's WP7.5 flagship will be amazing. I'm switching to AT&T if that's where it goes to.
    Aw man, I didn't saw that one before. It has that LG Optimus like form factor that I really like. I like those sharp edges. I'll cross my fingers =D
    10-08-2011 12:05 PM
    The screen resolution is set by Microsoft. OEM's cannot make higher resolution screens. And as far as CDMA goes, it's over... I've faced the facts, and it's time everyone else does too. It needs to go away, we need to join the rest of the world.
    10-08-2011 01:05 PM
    don't mind the non-'retina' display on the Focus, the only issue I have is the color banding.
    10-08-2011 01:16 PM
    They can't keep up with Apple. The iPhone 4S is the first "world phone" and once again Apple changes everything. The competition is always 2-3 years behind. Maybe by 2015 we'll finally get a Retina Display on a Windows Phone instead of the same old 800x480 crap.
    BTW the updated Samsung Omnia 7 that recently went through FCC certification has both GSM and CDMA bands. That will likely be the first Windows world phone that can run on both CDMA and GSM networks.
    Ahem...

HTC Mobile Phones - Trophy

Network
    CDMA: 800/1900 MHz
    HSPA/WCDMA: 2100 MHz
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    smartpatrol likes this.
    10-08-2011 02:00 PM
    The screen resolution is set by Microsoft. OEM's cannot make higher resolution screens. And as far as CDMA goes, it's over... I've faced the facts, and it's time everyone else does too. It needs to go away, we need to join the rest of the world.
    Might happen. Some analysts think Verizon's adoption of LTE, could be the beginning of the end for CDMA. It's not just used in the US, but also Canada, Mexico, China, Japan, Taiwan and Korea.
    10-08-2011 02:01 PM
    I might as well suck it up like you. I'm at the point where I'm actually pissed off about the lack of CDMA Windows Phones, and Verizon and Sprint obviously aren't that interested. I'm eligible for an upgrade at the end of October, and if i don't even hear a HINT of new Verizon WPs, then I guess I'll settle for the Trophy. There's nothing wrong with it at all, it's actually a really nice phone; I was just hoping for some new hardware, maybe with a front-facing camera. Oh well, I'll just keep coming back here every day for any word on new phones... even though I'll be drooling over the ones going to AT&T and TMO haha.
    10-08-2011 02:06 PM
    actually samsung had a dual gsm/cdma winmo phone in 2005...
    10-08-2011 02:08 PM
    I'm sure they stole the idea from Apple. Theres a lawyer for that!
    10-08-2011 02:18 PM
    Blackberry has had them for years for CDMA carriers.
    10-08-2011 02:28 PM
    They better launch them quickly after nokia world in the UK, or im gonna cave and get an htc titan.......
    10-08-2011 09:00 PM
    Buy a WP phone, never pay taxes again!
    Kingcrimson: you still won't have retinal display.

Buy a WP, and you will be able to fly AND live forever!
    Kingcrimson: yeah, but you still wont have cdma flying at 40000'.

Buy a WP and world hunger ends!
    Kingcrimson: yeah, but you still wont have to buy new accessory docking stations/radios, new cases every other year, be told what you like or have the freshest fully integrated UI that has ever been put into a cell phone like the boring played out grid of apps of the awesome iPhone.....
    10-09-2011 02:03 AM
    They can't keep up with Apple. The iPhone 4S is the first "world phone" and once again Apple changes everything. The competition is always 2-3 years behind. Maybe by 2015 we'll finally get a Retina Display on a Windows Phone instead of the same old 800x480 crap.
    How are you enjoying a glass back that can't be dropped onto a table from 5cm above? How are you enjoying a static weather icon? How lovely is the drop-dead pathetic UI? It was made for users who want to emulate real life on their phones, with features such as brushed aluminium and wood inserts. Look around, the world is a great place. Stop burying your nose in your screen to make out the individual pixels.

CDMA is a dying technology. Also, the US has severe fragmentation between carrier networks. Most Windows Phones will be able to easily switch between all the carriers in my country.
    10-09-2011 03:53 AM
    Buy a WP phone, never pay taxes again!
    Kingcrimson: you still won't have retinal display.

Buy a WP, and you will be able to fly AND live forever!
    Kingcrimson: yeah, but you still wont have cdma flying at 40000'.

Buy a WP and world hunger ends!
    Kingcrimson: yeah, but you still wont have to buy new accessory docking stations/radios, new cases every other year, be told what you like or have the freshest fully integrated UI that has ever been put into a cell phone like the boring played out grid of apps of the awesome iPhone.....
    That's not very convincing Burt I thought you liked windows phone...lol You didn't even tell him how we can print money...lol
    10-09-2011 09:36 AM
    Remember Tech Blogger Scott Summers? he caught a glimpsed of the Nokia Ace prototype and lasers started shooting out of his eyes. He goes by Cyclops now.
    10-09-2011 10:12 AM
    Well, since its integrated into the people hub and there isn't an app for that, I didn't think he's be interested.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express
    10-09-2011 12:52 PM
    @winterfang, just saw the "don't let your daughter get on the pole" comment, laughed my *** off. Same thing another person said.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Winterfang likes this.
    10-09-2011 12:53 PM
    I wonder what mango+ is?
    Could be referring to Tango. Otherwise I don't know.

As a Palm/HP WebOS user I'm not familiar with what other OEMs have to offer. I'm used to Palm's crappy hardware. I have been checking out this site to learn more about WP. I'm wondering why so many are willing to wait for Nokia's phones when the Focus S and Titan are about to be released. What is it about Nokia that is worth the wait? Thanks
    I thought the same thing. Weird thing is, I use to work with a guy from Iraq and I showed him my BlackBerry when I first got it. He said Nokia has the best phone. I was puzzled. Then Googled Nokia smartphones and began researching it.

When I saw the Nokia N9 with Meego I began to cry. It's not only the single greatest piece of hardware on a smartphone but Meego would have been awesome going from WebOS. Just look through the video Nokia has and try to find some UK reviews. All very good. nokia's Channel - YouTube

WebOS is sadly gone, but hopefully Nokia and Microsoft can fill that gap.
    10-14-2011 10:11 PM
    I'm interested in the signal strength Nokia phones are supposed to have. That's the biggest complaint I have with my trophy.
    10-14-2011 11:48 PM
    Just for the record, Sabre = Nokia 710
    10-15-2011 08:43 AM
    Has Nokia ever made a CDMA phone? I thought I read somewhere that all their phones were GSM.

Thanks
    T.J.
    10-15-2011 09:04 AM
    Has Nokia ever made a CDMA phone? I thought I read somewhere that all their phones were GSM.

Thanks
    T.J.

Nokia announces 3 new CDMA handsets – 6316s, 3806, 1506

Dated 2009 :)

Welcome along to WPC boge513 :)
    boge513#WP likes this.
    10-15-2011 09:08 AM
    Just for the record, Sabre = Nokia 710
    I've heard that somewhere before...lol
    10-15-2011 09:18 AM
    I really hope Nokia releases a superphone. The rumors on WPC's front page are not interesting at all. It will be a shame if they come out the gate with a whimper instead of a roar after all this time and hype. I would hate to see them become the next Palm or RIM.

http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-...developer-page
    10-15-2011 12:03 PM

Nokia announces 3 new CDMA handsets 6316s, 3806, 1506

Dated 2009 :)

Welcome along to WPC boge513 :)
    Also, CDMA phones in China aren't carrier locked, like they are in the U.S. They have a SIM type CDMA card.
    10-15-2011 12:06 PM
    I really hope Nokia releases a superphone. The rumors on WPC's front page are not interesting at all. It will be a shame if they come out the gate with a whimper instead of a roar after all this time and hype. I would hate to see them become the next Palm or RIM.

http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-...developer-page
    You are right, Nokia needs to come out with a roar. Something along the lines of my Nokia N8 with a 12MP camera, radio transmitter, HDMI port and dual core CPU.
    10-15-2011 12:10 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD