11-06-2011 10:29 AM
74 123
tools
    I hope Nokia Ace lives up to the hype and comes out to the states 4.3 with 16GB memory and 1GHZ I will be a happy camper..
    10-15-2011 01:42 PM
    I think we could have an announcement about new phones in Europe next week.

European Nokia Windows Phone release for November - News - Know Your Mobile
    10-19-2011 01:11 AM
    I hope Nokia Ace lives up to the hype and comes out to the states 4.3 with 16GB memory and 1GHZ I will be a happy camper..
    The specs floating around on the intraweb are pretty accurate so you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

Nokia won't be able to stray very much from the standard WP7 specs. What will differentiate them from the rest are their existing strengths -- industrial design, camera/imaging software, wireless reception, and any other exclusive software bits.

I have seen what they are doing w/ the camera/imaging software and it's pretty cool.

Michael.
    10-19-2011 09:42 AM
    so if i get this right , First GEN Nokia Wp ( second GEn really ) still not as good as what HCT and samsung are doing for the 2gen.

an other let down?..... i knew it was a bad idea to have allot of faith in NOKIA..... gona be an other mango style let down for the Nokia fans..

should we start a , Nokia let down thread? lool ;) i just hope does spec will change to something better...
    10-19-2011 10:58 AM
    so if i get this right , First GEN Nokia Wp ( second GEn really ) still not as good as what HCT and samsung are doing for the 2gen.

an other let down?..... i knew it was a bad idea to have allot of faith in NOKIA..... gona be an other mango style let down for the Nokia fans..

should we start a , Nokia let down thread? lool ;) i just hope does spec will change to something better...
    Surely, it's not all about the specs.

Most WP devices have roughly the same specs anyway. What i'm expecting from Nokia is a beautiful, well-built durable device that is also excellent to use as a phone!

The current trend of ever increasing screen sizes can't continue or else all phones will turn into tablets!
    10-19-2011 11:04 AM

Most WP devices have roughly the same specs anyway. What i'm expecting from Nokia is a beautiful, well-built durable device that is also excellent to use as a phone!

The current trend of ever increasing screen sizes can't continue or else all phones will turn into tablets!
    I am hoping that something from Nokia comes out that has specs like my Nokia N8, 12MP camera, radio transmitter, pentaband, HDMI slot. I might have to wait until 2012, but that's fine.
    10-19-2011 11:10 AM

and i totally understand your point of view. , ive just bad experience in the past with ALL nokia phones coming back DOA ( dead on arrival ) witch is freaking frustrating to have to exchange it 5 times lol..

and considering the Samsung Focus S will basically have the SAME specs with a bigger and better screen ( 4 to 4,2 inches is right in my size range, i dont want the 8inch tablets lol ;) ).... think ill stick to what i know is good and not risk getting disappointed AGAIN. :)

like Palandri said, unless they come out with like a 12MP camera , 3D , duel-core , waterproof phone, and some how get S-AMOLED HD, LOL... im not getting a Nokia....
    10-19-2011 11:10 AM
    10-19-2011 11:21 AM
    Even though I have a 4.3 inch screen, I'd take that phone. Slim and sexy
    10-19-2011 04:11 PM
    10-19-2011 10:54 PM
    I'd be tempted to buy the black Nokia 80 just to get the nice dark blue theme :)
    10-20-2011 07:33 AM
    Here is the latest guess at the 3 phones

Nokia Mango Phone Lineup Takes Shape | PCWorld

"Sabre." It's expected to have a 3.5-inch LCD, 5-megapixel camera, 1.4 GHz processor, and 1GB of on-board memory. Nokia's plans to introduce Sabre have been known since the end of last month when Microsoft Canada accidentally mentioned the phone in the terms and conditions of a promotion it was running.

Nokia 800, or "Sun," also referred to as "Sea Ray." It's expected to have a 3.7-inch touchscreen, 1.4 GHz processor and 8-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics.

"Ace." It will have the largest display of all the mobiles in the lineup -- a 4.3-inch AMOLED screen -- as well as a 1.4 GHz processor, 16GB of storage and an 8-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics. The phones will reportedly support HSPA+, which is used by AT&T and T-Mobile in the United States, but a version that supports 4G on AT&T's network may be released in the first quarter of next year.

The 800 is being teased in ads on UK TV, so surely it must be available in Europe this year.
    Last edited by Stig; 10-24-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    10-24-2011 02:59 PM
    Here is the latest guess at the 3 phones

Nokia Mango Phone Lineup Takes Shape | PCWorld

"Ace." It will have the largest display of all the mobiles in the lineup -- a 4.3-inch AMOLED screen -- as well as a 1.4 GHz processor, 16GB of storage and an 8-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics. The phones will reportedly support HSPA+, which is used by AT&T and T-Mobile in the United States, but a version that supports 4G on AT&T's network may be released in the first quarter of next year.

The 800 is being teased in ads on UK TV, so surely it must be available in Europe this year.
    I'm no expert on cellular data and the like, but from what I've read, it seemed that AT&T's "4G" coverage was just HSPA+. Am I mistaken, or was that a misprint in the PCWorld article?
    10-24-2011 03:38 PM
    I'm no expert on cellular data and the like, but from what I've read, it seemed that AT&T's "4G" coverage was just HSPA+. Am I mistaken, or was that a misprint in the PCWorld article?
    AT&T will be rolling out their LTE network, LTE is 4G.
    10-24-2011 04:21 PM
    Are the Nokia phones 4G?
    10-24-2011 05:52 PM
    Are the Nokia phones 4G?
    Depends on your definition. Windows Phone 7.5 does not support LTE, and so no devices will come out with it for another 6-12 months. HSPA+ only for the time being.
    10-24-2011 06:12 PM
    Sorry, got interupted midpost and left out my last sentence, but dusteater took care of the answer.
    10-24-2011 06:55 PM
    Depends on your definition. Windows Phone 7.5 does not support LTE, and so no devices will come out with it for another 6-12 months. HSPA+ only for the time being.
    Are Nokia phones HSPA+?
    10-24-2011 07:34 PM
    Also, AT&T has already rolled out their LTE network; unfortunately they have only done so in 5 markets, however.
    10-24-2011 07:34 PM
    I am officially switching to AT&T if this is true. I don't care if I have to pay the $200 early termination fee.

10-31-2011 02:22 AM
    Are Nokia phones HSPA+?
    Symbian^3 Nokia devices are on AT&T in the states. My data connection shows 3.5, which means HSPA+
    10-31-2011 04:53 AM
    Are Nokia phones HSPA+?
    I believe they are providing up to 14.4Mbps down (same as the iPhone 4S).
    10-31-2011 07:53 AM
    hopefully the next Phones will be LTE and not just HSPA+!! :(

i wanted to test out out new network with bell.. (LTE) ( if bell even gets the new phones lol )
    10-31-2011 08:46 AM
    umm sorry to burst the bubble here, but the date on this article is October 1st and states the phones would be announced on october 26th at Nokia World.

This event already occured and these rumors are not true. No Ace announced and the Sea Ray is the Lumia line. Sorry to bare bad news, the good news is CES 2012 on jan 10-13 should bring announcements of either new phones or apollo dates perhaps. Who knows, just speculating, but I am debating buying HTC titan on launch day AT&T or waiting till after CES to see if Nokia ups their game with the ACE.
    11-06-2011 10:29 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD