Nokia hat trick on the way Q1 2012

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
@winterfang, just saw the "don't let your daughter get on the pole" comment, laughed my *** off. Same thing another person said.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what mango+ is?

Could be referring to Tango. Otherwise I don't know.

As a Palm/HP WebOS user I'm not familiar with what other OEMs have to offer. I'm used to Palm's crappy hardware. I have been checking out this site to learn more about WP. I'm wondering why so many are willing to wait for Nokia's phones when the Focus S and Titan are about to be released. What is it about Nokia that is worth the wait? Thanks

I thought the same thing. Weird thing is, I use to work with a guy from Iraq and I showed him my BlackBerry when I first got it. He said Nokia has the best phone. I was puzzled. Then Googled Nokia smartphones and began researching it.

When I saw the Nokia N9 with Meego I began to cry. It's not only the single greatest piece of hardware on a smartphone but Meego would have been awesome going from WebOS. Just look through the video Nokia has and try to find some UK reviews. All very good. nokia's Channel - YouTube

WebOS is sadly gone, but hopefully Nokia and Microsoft can fill that gap.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Has Nokia ever made a CDMA phone? I thought I read somewhere that all their phones were GSM.

Thanks
T.J.
welcome.gif

Nokia announces 3 new CDMA handsets – 6316s, 3806, 1506

Dated 2009 :)

Welcome along to WPC boge513 :)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I really hope Nokia releases a superphone. The rumors on WPC's front page are not interesting at all. It will be a shame if they come out the gate with a whimper instead of a roar after all this time and hype. I would hate to see them become the next Palm or RIM.

http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-710-windows-phone-specs-revealed-nokia-developer-page

You are right, Nokia needs to come out with a roar. Something along the lines of my Nokia N8 with a 12MP camera, radio transmitter, HDMI port and dual core CPU.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope Nokia Ace lives up to the hype and comes out to the states 4.3 with 16GB memory and 1GHZ I will be a happy camper..

The specs floating around on the intraweb are pretty accurate so you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

Nokia won't be able to stray very much from the standard WP7 specs. What will differentiate them from the rest are their existing strengths -- industrial design, camera/imaging software, wireless reception, and any other exclusive software bits.

I have seen what they are doing w/ the camera/imaging software and it's pretty cool.

Michael.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
so if i get this right , First GEN Nokia Wp ( second GEn really ) still not as good as what HCT and samsung are doing for the 2gen.

an other let down?..... i knew it was a bad idea to have allot of faith in NOKIA..... gona be an other mango style let down for the Nokia fans..

should we start a , Nokia let down thread? lool ;) i just hope does spec will change to something better...

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
so if i get this right , First GEN Nokia Wp ( second GEn really ) still not as good as what HCT and samsung are doing for the 2gen.

an other let down?..... i knew it was a bad idea to have allot of faith in NOKIA..... gona be an other mango style let down for the Nokia fans..

should we start a , Nokia let down thread? lool ;) i just hope does spec will change to something better...
Surely, it's not all about the specs.

Most WP devices have roughly the same specs anyway. What i'm expecting from Nokia is a beautiful, well-built durable device that is also excellent to use as a phone!

The current trend of ever increasing screen sizes can't continue or else all phones will turn into tablets!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Most WP devices have roughly the same specs anyway. What i'm expecting from Nokia is a beautiful, well-built durable device that is also excellent to use as a phone!

The current trend of ever increasing screen sizes can't continue or else all phones will turn into tablets!

I am hoping that something from Nokia comes out that has specs like my Nokia N8, 12MP camera, radio transmitter, pentaband, HDMI slot. I might have to wait until 2012, but that's fine.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

and i totally understand your point of view. , ive just bad experience in the past with ALL nokia phones coming back DOA ( dead on arrival ) witch is freaking frustrating to have to exchange it 5 times lol..

and considering the Samsung Focus S will basically have the SAME specs with a bigger and better screen ( 4 to 4,2 inches is right in my size range, i dont want the 8inch tablets lol ;) ).... think ill stick to what i know is good and not risk getting disappointed AGAIN. :)

like Palandri said, unless they come out with like a 12MP camera , 3D , duel-core , waterproof phone, and some how get S-AMOLED HD, LOL... im not getting a Nokia....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99