Nokia hat trick on the way Q1 2012

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
Here is the latest guess at the 3 phones

Nokia Mango Phone Lineup Takes Shape | PCWorld

"Sabre." It's expected to have a 3.5-inch LCD, 5-megapixel camera, 1.4 GHz processor, and 1GB of on-board memory. Nokia's plans to introduce Sabre have been known since the end of last month when Microsoft Canada accidentally mentioned the phone in the terms and conditions of a promotion it was running.

Nokia 800, or "Sun," also referred to as "Sea Ray." It's expected to have a 3.7-inch touchscreen, 1.4 GHz processor and 8-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics.

"Ace." It will have the largest display of all the mobiles in the lineup -- a 4.3-inch AMOLED screen -- as well as a 1.4 GHz processor, 16GB of storage and an 8-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics. The phones will reportedly support HSPA+, which is used by AT&T and T-Mobile in the United States, but a version that supports 4G on AT&T's network may be released in the first quarter of next year.

The 800 is being teased in ads on UK TV, so surely it must be available in Europe this year.

Last edited:

ecthroi

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Here is the latest guess at the 3 phones

Nokia Mango Phone Lineup Takes Shape | PCWorld

"Ace." It will have the largest display of all the mobiles in the lineup -- a 4.3-inch AMOLED screen -- as well as a 1.4 GHz processor, 16GB of storage and an 8-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics. The phones will reportedly support HSPA+, which is used by AT&T and T-Mobile in the United States, but a version that supports 4G on AT&T's network may be released in the first quarter of next year.

The 800 is being teased in ads on UK TV, so surely it must be available in Europe this year.

I'm no expert on cellular data and the like, but from what I've read, it seemed that AT&T's "4G" coverage was just HSPA+. Am I mistaken, or was that a misprint in the PCWorld article?

Dav66id77

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I am officially switching to AT&T if this is true. I don't care if I have to pay the $200 early termination fee.
1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hopefully the next Phones will be LTE and not just HSPA+!! :(

i wanted to test out out new network with bell.. (LTE) ( if bell even gets the new phones lol )

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
umm sorry to burst the bubble here, but the date on this article is October 1st and states the phones would be announced on october 26th at Nokia World.

This event already occured and these rumors are not true. No Ace announced and the Sea Ray is the Lumia line. Sorry to bare bad news, the good news is CES 2012 on jan 10-13 should bring announcements of either new phones or apollo dates perhaps. Who knows, just speculating, but I am debating buying HTC titan on launch day AT&T or waiting till after CES to see if Nokia ups their game with the ACE.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon