11-06-2011 11:29 AM
74 123
tools
    Just saw this, Nokia World will be pretty sweet!

http://mynokiablog.com/2011/10/01/ru...ations-inside/

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express
    10-02-2011 12:33 AM
    I am officially switching to AT&T if this is true. I don't care if I have to pay the $200 early termination fee.
    10-02-2011 03:16 AM
    I wonder what mango+ is?
    10-02-2011 05:13 AM
    Might be additional exclusive Nokia apps or maps, something like that ? Time will tell palandri. :)

Exciting times ahead finding out all about the new Nokia goodies for sure. :)
    10-02-2011 05:17 AM
    HSPA+ (YES THIS IS GOING TO BE NOKIAS FIRST LTE 4G PHONE
    What? That's a bit contradictory isn't it?
    10-02-2011 05:45 AM
    I want one, or I'll take 2 on Sprint please.
    10-02-2011 06:53 AM
    Hspa plus isn't lte or 4g.
    10-02-2011 11:21 AM
    I wonder what mango+ is?
    Yes, it is support for LTE.

Nokia Drive will eventually replace Bing Maps.

Michael.
    10-02-2011 12:31 PM
    That's fine as I'm not planning to buy a smartphone earlier then March/April 2012.
    10-04-2011 11:30 PM
    As a Palm/HP WebOS user I'm not familiar with what other OEMs have to offer. I'm used to Palm's crappy hardware. I have been checking out this site to learn more about WP. I'm wondering why so many are willing to wait for Nokia's phones when the Focus S and Titan are about to be released. What is it about Nokia that is worth the wait? Thanks
    10-05-2011 03:30 AM
    As a Palm/HP WebOS user I'm not familiar with what other OEMs have to offer. I'm used to Palm's crappy hardware. I have been checking out this site to learn more about WP. I'm wondering why so many are willing to wait for Nokia's phones when the Focus S and Titan are about to be released. What is it about Nokia that is worth the wait? Thanks
    As others have said, Nokia quality is second to none. I have lived in Russia and several other countries, and have always had my Nokia phone with local SIM alongside my US phone. I have never been happier than with Nokia hardware running Symbian. For me, it will come down to the wait. Now that we know the Focus S is coming the first week of November, that gives us all the opportunity to see what happens at Nokia World before buying anything else. If the wait for a Nokia device on AT&T is going to be, say, 6 months past Nokia World, then I will get the Focus S. But if we are only talking a month or two, then it would be worth the wait.
    mdelacoma likes this.
    10-05-2011 04:05 AM
    I'm wondering why so many are willing to wait for Nokia's phones when the Focus S and Titan are about to be released. What is it about Nokia that is worth the wait? Thanks
    For me:

1- Nokia phones have a kung-fu grip on reception. My Focus, while great, will drop calls.
    2- Nokia will have a very nice camera/imaging solution. Trust me on this one.

If the wait for a Nokia device on AT&T is going to be, say, 6 months past Nokia World, then I will get the Focus S. But if we are only talking a month or two, then it would be worth the wait.
    Q1 or Q2 of 2012. Trust me on this one.

Michael.
    mdelacoma likes this.
    10-05-2011 11:02 AM
    A history of top class hardware design, build and camera quality. Plus they are 100% committed to WP7, unlike HTC, Samsung and the rest. They are going to be doing their best work with their WP7 handsets so once they get up to speed in 2012 we should see some amazing handsets for WP7.
    mdelacoma likes this.
    10-05-2011 11:18 AM
    I was leaning toward either the Focus S or Titan since they are coming out sooner and I want a 7.5 WP. But now I'm wondering if I should just pick up a phone off ebay, get the update to Mango and then wait for Nokia. Appreciate all the responses
    10-05-2011 02:43 PM
    I was leaning toward either the Focus S or Titan since they are coming out sooner and I want a 7.5 WP. But now I'm wondering if I should just pick up a phone off ebay, get the update to Mango and then wait for Nokia. Appreciate all the responses
    Honestly, the hardware and OS is pretty standardized for WP7 so I would not expect Nokia WP7 to be a giant leap from the other WP7 manufacturers. About the only thing that I know of that they are working on to differentiate themselves from the others is the camera/imaging solution.

Aside from that, reception/call quality, and industrial design will be the other differentiators.

Michael.
    10-06-2011 11:17 AM
    If 1 of the 3 doesn't have Retina Display, that's a big FAIL.
    10-08-2011 03:53 AM
    UGH, why put the best one on AT&T?!! I f ing can't stand this s***, phone makers should do what apple did with the 4s and make it dual gsm and cdma, ENOUGH pick and chose.
    10-08-2011 03:55 AM
    UGH, why put the best one on AT&T?!! I f ing can't stand this s***, phone makers should do what apple did with the 4s and make it dual gsm and cdma, ENOUGH pick and chose.
    They can't keep up with Apple. The iPhone 4S is the first "world phone" and once again Apple changes everything. The competition is always 2-3 years behind. Maybe by 2015 we'll finally get a Retina Display on a Windows Phone instead of the same old 800x480 crap.
    10-08-2011 03:57 AM
    Will be switching to h2owireless if AT&T is getting the Ace
    10-08-2011 04:02 AM
    Will be switching to h2owireless if AT&T is getting the Ace
    I was using a H2O SIM card for a while in my Treo Pro for a while. I picked it up at Best Buy. It's on the AT&T network and I couldn't tell any difference.
    10-08-2011 06:38 AM
    Just saw this, Nokia World will be pretty sweet!

Rumours: Nokia Windows Phone, Nokia Ace to have 4.3″ AMOLED, 1800mAh and LTE 4G – AT&t Q1 2012. SeaRay+Sabre specifications inside. : My Nokia Blog

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Holy ****.

That form factor, those specs. Please be real, that's the prettiest phone I ever seen.
    10-08-2011 10:59 AM
    Holy ****.

That form factor, those specs. Please be real, that's the prettiest phone I ever seen.
    That picture was just one of the concept renders Nokia released the day they made their Windows Phone announcement. It may or may not end up being a real product.

That said, you just know Nokia's WP7.5 flagship will be amazing. I'm switching to AT&T if that's where it goes to.
    10-08-2011 11:19 AM
    For me:

1- Nokia phones have a kung-fu grip on reception. My Focus, while great, will drop calls.
    2- Nokia will have a very nice camera/imaging solution. Trust me on this one.
    That kung-fu grip and nice camera are two things I'm very interested in.

They can't keep up with Apple. The iPhone 4S is the first "world phone" and once again Apple changes everything. The competition is always 2-3 years behind. Maybe by 2015 we'll finally get a Retina Display on a Windows Phone instead of the same old 800x480 crap.
    If Apple is 2-3 years ahead why don't you have an iphone?
    threed61 likes this.
    10-08-2011 11:42 AM
    That's not true at all. Verizon has "world phones" that can roam both on GSM and CDMA networks. I believe Sprint offers some as well. AT&T and T-Mobile phones are GSM and can work just fine in most countries.

BTW the updated Samsung Omnia 7 that recently went through FCC certification has both GSM and CDMA bands. That will likely be the first Windows world phone that can run on both CDMA and GSM networks.

As far as resolution goes, 800x480 is the standard for Windows phones. There probably won't be anything higher than that until WP8. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, either. It means app devs have one native resolution to develop for and don't have to worry about different aspect ratio. Besides, I don't see anybody whining about Galaxy S2's (and soon to be Focus S's) amazing 800x480 SAMOLED+ screen.
    10-08-2011 12:26 PM
    The iPhone uses an LCD screen. Retina display is just Apples branding. It has that high pixel count because it has a much smaller than normal screen. It doesn't matter if a phone has GSM and CDMA radios. It can only work on a CDMA network if that network will activate it. They only activate phones that they carry. There were a number of world phones before the iPhone.
    10-08-2011 12:35 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD