10-12-2011 07:23 PM
69 123
tools
    Neither. I have a friend who's road-testing one of the new Nokias who's drip-feeding me info.

Suffice to say if you like SAMOLED screens but don't want something that looks like a reheated Galaxy S2, you'll be happy fairly soon ;)
    Hahaha that's awesome, but I think I speak for any tech geek when I say the word "soon" kills me!!
    10-07-2011 10:45 AM
    What will the contract length be, to get it free ? 10 years ? LOL ;)
    10-07-2011 11:04 AM
    hey, if they want marketshare, free with a 2 year contract would be HUGE!
    What will the contract length be, to get it free ? 10 years ? LOL ;)
    10-07-2011 11:57 AM
    Yeah even i'd sign up, and i'm in the wrong country! ;)
    10-07-2011 12:01 PM
    I'm really dissapointed in the Titan now that HTC released the Sensation XL. I mean come on Android, you best Windows Phone offering is a random Android phone? At least let us have the white version also.
    10-07-2011 05:52 PM
    I'm really dissapointed in the Titan now that HTC released the Sensation XL. I mean come on Android, you best Windows Phone offering is a random Android phone? At least let us have the white version also.
    I have never in my life understood why people want white phones. To me, it's like buying a white car. It's just like WHY!?!? Also, I remember when Apple had those white macbooks (which they still may have idk) and trust me a year later it looks like someone peed on it. The natural oil that your body secretes ends up on the surface and unless you clean your surface regularly it stains.
    10-08-2011 12:49 AM
    I have a white car >_>
    10-08-2011 01:18 AM
    I have a white car 8----> ha
    10-08-2011 04:00 PM
    Neither. I have a friend who's road-testing one of the new Nokias who's drip-feeding me info.

Suffice to say if you like SAMOLED screens but don't want something that looks like a reheated Galaxy S2, you'll be happy fairly soon ;)
    Another reason to wait to January 2012.
    10-08-2011 06:35 PM

mind sharing some details like screen size or design details :P

Anywho, I went in to try the titan, and i think its great, its marginally bigger than a SGS2, but its contrast isnt as good. And with an OS like WP7, a pitch black background against those tiles does look good. If only it was AMOLED.......... The camera is probs its best feature, the 2.2 apeture really makes some great photos......

but, i'd hold out for some AMOLED/SAMOLED screens from sammy or nokia...... i know its hard......
    10-08-2011 09:56 PM
    I would be interested in a 4.7 or larger (preferably 5) inch Nokia screen. I really want a big phone.
    10-08-2011 10:33 PM
    This would be a tough decision for me as well...

I am a former Samsung Focus owner, and now a current HTC HD7S owner.

While I loved the Super AMOLED screen on the Focus, I found the overall quality of build to be superior on the HD7S. The screen doesn't pop like it does on the Focus, but overall, I prefer the HD7S greatly to the Focus.

That being said, if given the opportunity to choose between the 2, I would go with the Titan.
    10-09-2011 03:03 PM
    This would be a tough decision for me as well...

I am a former Samsung Focus owner, and now a current HTC HD7S owner.

While I loved the Super AMOLED screen on the Focus, I found the overall quality of build to be superior on the HD7S. The screen doesn't pop like it does on the Focus, but overall, I prefer the HD7S greatly to the Focus.

That being said, if given the opportunity to choose between the 2, I would go with the Titan.
    Would Gunzta's opinions sway you Loiselle ? (Titan SLCD V Super Amoled)

They have me, i no longer wan't the Titan. (Waiting for Samsung)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/1575333-post17.htm

Just curious. :)
    10-09-2011 03:08 PM
    I just seen a site mention an Samsung Focus Flash and an Samsung Focus Mini! Anyone have any information on these devices?
    10-10-2011 03:24 PM
    The Samsung Focus Flash is the Omnia W in the US as far as i know 1jaxstate1, dunno anything about the Focus Mini.

Think that's right anyway LOL :)
    10-10-2011 03:28 PM
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/26/s...4ghz-processo/
    LOL, well, here's the W.
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 10-10-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    10-10-2011 03:30 PM
    Yes i got my letter wrong sorry, I meant the Omnia W LOL

Not sure if the Omnia W is the Flash or the M in the US.

Totally confused. :)

I think the Omnia 7 refresh is the M (Smaller screen and Amoled)

Your guess is as good any anyones 1jaxstate1. :)

Why don't they just keep the same damned names everywhere grrrrrrr LOL
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 10-10-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    10-10-2011 03:34 PM
    I say they should just release them all. That way we can see the differences!
    10-10-2011 03:42 PM
    Exactly!

Focus, Omnia 7, Omnia W, Focus M, Focus Mini!, Focus Flash, rediculous so it is LOL !

How are we supposed to know what to Focus on ?
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    10-10-2011 03:45 PM
    Well since the iphone announcement was a bust it will be the Titan or Focus S for me. I owned the Nexus S and the screen was pretty good. If the Focus S is similar in specs to the S II I think its game over. I too am a bit afraid that the Titan's screen will be wayyy to big.
    How was 4s a bust? Its a dual core 1ghz (only to keep the Siri app happy I think as the 4 had a single core and was fast enough), dual core graphics. BT 4.0, great rear camera, HSPA, iOS5 improvements and arguably still one of the greatest cases on the market. The ONLY thing keeping me from another iphone is the small screen. I do not care if its 1080p its still only 3.5" and I can not make my videos or games bigger than 3.5". So its super crisp, but still need to have my nose against it to view it. That is the only thing making me switch from iphone to titan. I have made a mock up of the titan size and it still fits very comfortably in my pocket. I am only 5'7" and 155lbs, so unless you are a skinny jeans guy, you should be fine.

I dont need a million apps, or 500,000. I just need the apps that I use and that is not many. Hopefully I will be able to find my favorite apps in win7 market.
    boss.king and xmind like this.
    10-10-2011 09:48 PM
    How was 4s a bust? Its a dual core 1ghz (only to keep the Siri app happy I think as the 4 had a single core and was fast enough), dual core graphics. BT 4.0, great rear camera, HSPA, iOS5 improvements and arguably still one of the greatest cases on the market. The ONLY thing keeping me from another iphone is the small screen. I do not care if its 1080p its still only 3.5" and I can not make my videos or games bigger than 3.5". So its super crisp, but still need to have my nose against it to view it. That is the only thing making me switch from iphone to titan. I have made a mock up of the titan size and it still fits very comfortably in my pocket. I am only 5'7" and 155lbs, so unless you are a skinny jeans guy, you should be fine.

I dont need a million apps, or 500,000. I just need the apps that I use and that is not many. Hopefully I will be able to find my favorite apps in win7 market.
    Well I shouldn't say bust to people who never had an iphone. As for myself I have had every one since the first and it is just old. The hardware needs to change drastically for me to get back on. It is a great phone with great features, I just expected alot more waiting for 16 months!
    10-10-2011 11:51 PM
    Same feelings from me. They add a few features each year but its still so static and boring looking. The hardware is drastically changed for this refresh though. Basically the screen is the only thing that stayed the same.

Android is the same but different boring.

WP7 is the only different looking OS that interests me.
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    10-11-2011 09:11 AM
    Well I shouldn't say bust to people who never had an iphone. As for myself I have had every one since the first and it is just old. The hardware needs to change drastically for me to get back on. It is a great phone with great features, I just expected alot more waiting for 16 months!
    Everyone I know who is an iPhone user says the same thing. They were all waiting for some beautiful new chassis in the form of the iPhone 5, not "just" internal upgrades.
    10-11-2011 10:03 AM
    I say Focus S. I use the HD7 and I think the screen is border line too big. Not too big to carry, but too big to use one handed. I am constantly hitting the search button with my palm when I am trying to hit something in the top right corner of the screen. One handed use of the Titan seems to be just out of the question. Honestly, I would prefer a 4" screen to a 4.3" screen.
    DannyUC6 likes this.
    10-11-2011 01:36 PM
    Everyone I know who is an iPhone user says the same thing. They were all waiting for some beautiful new chassis in the form of the iPhone 5, not "just" internal upgrades.
    Yeah, but most people were just hoping for a design change. Apple never said they had a new design coming. Rumor mill just fueled people's fantasies. Then its a let down when they dont get what they were hoping for. Fanbois like to claim apple is on track doing same things since the 3g was released. For the first 1 year after new style you get a big hardware upgrade, 1 more year for a style change with a much more modest hardware upgrade. Of course this is only 4 years of history and only 2 styles so its just the fanboy way of justifying what apple is doing. They can justify anything apple does though. "Antenna doesn't work? That's because you are not holding it the way Steve intended....." "Just use this free apple bumper so you don't actually touch the phone when using it different than Steve intended and everything will be fine."
    10-11-2011 01:41 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD