Samsung Focus S vs HTC Titan???

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes i got my letter wrong sorry, I meant the Omnia W LOL

Not sure if the Omnia W is the Flash or the M in the US.

Totally confused. :)

I think the Omnia 7 refresh is the M (Smaller screen and Amoled)

Your guess is as good any anyones 1jaxstate1. :)

Why don't they just keep the same damned names everywhere grrrrrrr LOL

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Exactly!

Focus, Omnia 7, Omnia W, Focus M, Focus Mini!, Focus Flash, rediculous so it is LOL !

How are we supposed to know what to Focus on ?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well since the iphone announcement was a bust it will be the Titan or Focus S for me. I owned the Nexus S and the screen was pretty good. If the Focus S is similar in specs to the S II I think its game over. I too am a bit afraid that the Titan's screen will be wayyy to big.

How was 4s a bust? Its a dual core 1ghz (only to keep the Siri app happy I think as the 4 had a single core and was fast enough), dual core graphics. BT 4.0, great rear camera, HSPA, iOS5 improvements and arguably still one of the greatest cases on the market. The ONLY thing keeping me from another iphone is the small screen. I do not care if its 1080p its still only 3.5" and I can not make my videos or games bigger than 3.5". So its super crisp, but still need to have my nose against it to view it. That is the only thing making me switch from iphone to titan. I have made a mock up of the titan size and it still fits very comfortably in my pocket. I am only 5'7" and 155lbs, so unless you are a skinny jeans guy, you should be fine.

I dont need a million apps, or 500,000. I just need the apps that I use and that is not many. Hopefully I will be able to find my favorite apps in win7 market.

DannyUC6

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
How was 4s a bust? Its a dual core 1ghz (only to keep the Siri app happy I think as the 4 had a single core and was fast enough), dual core graphics. BT 4.0, great rear camera, HSPA, iOS5 improvements and arguably still one of the greatest cases on the market. The ONLY thing keeping me from another iphone is the small screen. I do not care if its 1080p its still only 3.5" and I can not make my videos or games bigger than 3.5". So its super crisp, but still need to have my nose against it to view it. That is the only thing making me switch from iphone to titan. I have made a mock up of the titan size and it still fits very comfortably in my pocket. I am only 5'7" and 155lbs, so unless you are a skinny jeans guy, you should be fine.

I dont need a million apps, or 500,000. I just need the apps that I use and that is not many. Hopefully I will be able to find my favorite apps in win7 market.

Well I shouldn't say bust to people who never had an iphone. As for myself I have had every one since the first and it is just old. The hardware needs to change drastically for me to get back on. It is a great phone with great features, I just expected alot more waiting for 16 months!

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Same feelings from me. They add a few features each year but its still so static and boring looking. The hardware is drastically changed for this refresh though. Basically the screen is the only thing that stayed the same.

Android is the same but different boring.

WP7 is the only different looking OS that interests me.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Well I shouldn't say bust to people who never had an iphone. As for myself I have had every one since the first and it is just old. The hardware needs to change drastically for me to get back on. It is a great phone with great features, I just expected alot more waiting for 16 months!

Everyone I know who is an iPhone user says the same thing. They were all waiting for some beautiful new chassis in the form of the iPhone 5, not "just" internal upgrades.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I say Focus S. I use the HD7 and I think the screen is border line too big. Not too big to carry, but too big to use one handed. I am constantly hitting the search button with my palm when I am trying to hit something in the top right corner of the screen. One handed use of the Titan seems to be just out of the question. Honestly, I would prefer a 4" screen to a 4.3" screen.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Everyone I know who is an iPhone user says the same thing. They were all waiting for some beautiful new chassis in the form of the iPhone 5, not "just" internal upgrades.

Yeah, but most people were just hoping for a design change. Apple never said they had a new design coming. Rumor mill just fueled people's fantasies. Then its a let down when they dont get what they were hoping for. Fanbois like to claim apple is on track doing same things since the 3g was released. For the first 1 year after new style you get a big hardware upgrade, 1 more year for a style change with a much more modest hardware upgrade. Of course this is only 4 years of history and only 2 styles so its just the ****** way of justifying what apple is doing. They can justify anything apple does though. "Antenna doesn't work? That's because you are not holding it the way Steve intended....." "Just use this free apple bumper so you don't actually touch the phone when using it different than Steve intended and everything will be fine."

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I say Focus S. I use the HD7 and I think the screen is border line too big. Not too big to carry, but too big to use one handed. I am constantly hitting the search button with my palm when I am trying to hit something in the top right corner of the screen. One handed use of the Titan seems to be just out of the question. Honestly, I would prefer a 4" screen to a 4.3" screen.

If you have small hands you should try a small screen. Here is an apple ****** web page defending apples "right" way of doing screen sizes.
http://dcurt.is/2011/10/03/3-point-5-inches/

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Review sites are saying the 4S' processor is a dual core 800mhz variant, but it doesn't really matter anyway. A dual core processor isn't needed as you said, and most likely isn't taken advantage of by the OS anyway. Once it is the phone should actually get even faster.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If you have small hands you should try a small screen. Here is an apple ****** web page defending apples "right" way of doing screen sizes.
3.5 Inches - Dustin Curtis

My hands are a little small, but not freakishly small. I'd say they are the smaller end of normal. 3.5" is too small. 3.7" is fine, especially with a physical keyboard. 4" is perfect. 4.3" is borderline too big, its not a deal breaker, and I'd take 4.3" over 3.7", but I really just think 4.0" is the sweet spot. I just honestly feel that unless you want to use both hands every time you use the phone (other than maybe short texts) 4.7" is too much. I mean Dell was billing the 5.0" Streak as a tablet, not a phone.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The Dell Streak is big, but more so because the bezel is huge. HTC did a great job with their bezel, that's why most sites are saying it feels great in the hands and fits good in pockets. *skinny jeans disqualified*
My hands are a little small, but not freakishly small. I'd say they are the smaller end of normal. 3.5" is too small. 3.7" is fine, especially with a physical keyboard. 4" is perfect. 4.3" is borderline too big, its not a deal breaker, and I'd take 4.3" over 3.7", but I really just think 4.0" is the sweet spot. I just honestly feel that unless you want to use both hands every time you use the phone (other than maybe short texts) 4.7" is too much. I mean Dell was billing the 5.0" Streak as a tablet, not a phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb