So signs point to no Nokia for US this year?

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Thats what I keep hearing, that other countries will come first and US in 2012. True?

Not sure what to do now....was waiting to see the iphone and while its still a great device, that screen is too damn small! If I knew Nokia would come with a phone in US in Nov or Dec, I'd wait, but are they or not??

I dont want any other brands so its either iphone or Nokia for me, at least I know when iphone is coming...

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I think Stephen "the trojan horse" Elop stated that multiple WP7 devices would be released this quarter. I'm sure ONE has to make it states side.

Nokia to unveil multiple Windows Phones this year

Cool! Im just gonna wait till Nokia World and see what phones they show and when and where they are coming, then I'll make my decision. If the sea ray or better Nokia phone comes this year or even Feb or Jan I'll wait. Really disappointing with the 4S and that sea ray is perfect imo. IOS or WP7, lets see what I get.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure Elop said only 6 specific European nations would see a Nokia device year year. USA to come Q1 '12.

I would LOVE to hear Elop turn as he finishes his presentation and say

"Just one more thing..."

and mention that the USA will be getting them in November as well. With Apple dropping the ball on the iPhone 5, WP7 has a real opportunity if it can get some high end phones out in the market quickly.

And I find it ironic that I keep hearing everyone outside the US complaining, justifiably, that there are a lot of features that are inaccessible to them but they're getting the new phones first, while we here in the US have access to the features, but no cutting edge phones on which to use them.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
And I find it ironic that I keep hearing everyone outside the US complaining, justifiably, that there are a lot of features that are inaccessible to them but they're getting the new phones first, while we here in the US have access to the features, but no cutting edge phones on which to use them.

That is a good point. That is pretty ironic. *sigh* Oh well, all we can do is keep waiting.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I can see why he's catering outside the US first, though. I mean the bulk of Nokia's sales came internationally. The last popular US Nokia device was the E71.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
We've heard a lot of conflicting info about Nokia. At least wait to see what they show at Nokia World before counting them out of the US for this year.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Pity there wont be any pentaband Nokia WP7's, would import one to use on T-Mobile. Not keen one bit on getting a carrier phone.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Pity there wont be any pentaband Nokia WP7's, would import one to use on T-Mobile. Not keen one bit on getting a carrier phone.

Unfortunately, Nokia is moving out of open market phones in North America.

I will say this, Sabre does not offer significant improvement over the current AT&T WP7 line up so there is no point in adding it to AT&T. It stands a better chance in T-Mobile's slim WP7 lineup.

Michael.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3