10-22-2011 08:49 AM
58 123
tools
    16GB WOULD be fine for me too, if they gave you 16GB of usable space. The reviews of the Titan are showing 12.6GB of usable space on its 16GB card. That's more than 20% of the card is full right out of the box! And I would assume that the OS uses the same amount of space on all WP7 phones, regardless of storage capacity, meaning a lower tier phone with only an 8GB card is really only giving you around 4.6GB of space! That is just inexcusable if you don't allow for expandable memory.
    I believe that the titan is using nand memory which is like a silicon slab of flash memory faster than sdcard memory.
    10-20-2011 01:13 AM
    Ok, I am going to give WP7 until Dec. 1st. to come out with a Sprint phone with these specs:

1-4.3 inch screen or bigger
    2-FFC
    3-32gb or more storage

I guess I would take minimum 4inch screen but don't want to. I really want a WP7 phone(Zune and Xbox user) but I'm tired of waiting for them. My dream phone is a galaxy 2 WP7 but i doubt we will see that. If Sprint doesnt deliver by then I will probably switch carriers.
    I dont understand how they release the titan with 16gb memory? That is a failure to me...I have about 20 gb music and i need room for more. If the titan had 32 or 64 gb memory that would probably be my phone.
    sprint hasn'ty given any indication as yet about 2nd gen wp7 phones Its not likely to happen by ecember 1 or even 01 01 2012
    10-20-2011 01:14 AM
    I believe that the titan is using nand memory which is like a silicon slab of flash memory faster than sdcard memory.
    That's fine. But for me it's not an issue of speed, it's a matter of available storage space and the Titan using NAND gives me a 21% hit to the available and advertized storage space with no option to expand it via external microSD card or by buying an upgraded 32GB model.
    10-20-2011 12:34 PM
    I have just one large-ish playlist and podcasts. It's the updating of the podcasts that take up space. I am using my phone as a place to have podcasts "on the go" and not as a place to backup my music or podcasts.

And 2.32 out of 8 GB that are unusable results in a 29% decrease in usable storage from what is advertised. That's ridiculous! Just be glad you have the only WP7 phone that IS expandable and, from what I've read, likely to be the last one for the foreseeable future.
    I can understand your point here. I'm starting to think that these past few years have created a lose/lose situation for smartphone users. "We could use our phone for streaming music, but wait, our carriers have ditched unlimited data. Well then, let's just put the music on our phones. Oh wait, they decided to reduce the amount of memory in the phone." What can you do?

Maybe there will be a break in the clouds soon. One can always have hope, right? :)
    palandri likes this.
    10-21-2011 03:19 AM
    I can understand your point here. I'm starting to think that these past few years have created a lose/lose situation for smartphone users. "We could use our phone for streaming music, but wait, our carriers have ditched unlimited data. Well then, let's just put the music on our phones. Oh wait, they decided to reduce the amount of memory in the phone." What can you do?

Maybe there will be a break in the clouds soon. One can always have hope, right? :)
    +1 I agree. Why have all these applications that use data. We should all start buying dumb phones, and let the carriers figure it out on their own.
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    10-21-2011 03:32 AM
    Good news. I'm on Verizon and have considered purchasing the Trophy off contract. I will wait for Nokia world, but I may have to go with the Trophy if we don't get some sort of time frame on 2nd gen WP7 handsets.

The Trophy may be outdated, but it blows away my OG Droid.

That Samsung article is from Sept 8th and the LG passed the FCC this month so hopefully we will hear something soon.
    Last edited by silentbob343; 10-22-2011 at 12:35 AM.
    10-22-2011 12:30 AM
    I just bought an HTC Trophy off eBay for $200 off contract. They are $149 on contract still on Verizon so I figured I would spend the extra and still be able to save my upgrade for when then better phone come out. I should be getting it within the next week so I am pretty excited. Any good apps that any can recommend? This is my first windows phone as I am currently using a palm pre plus
    10-22-2011 01:56 AM
    I just bought an HTC Trophy off eBay for $200 off contract. They are $149 on contract still on Verizon so I figured I would spend the extra and still be able to save my upgrade for when then better phone come out. I should be getting it within the next week so I am pretty excited. Any good apps that any can recommend? This is my first windows phone as I am currently using a palm pre plus
    Here's what people rated as their top 10: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mar...pps/176887.htm
    10-22-2011 08:49 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD