CDMA users, don't despair

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
We now know of two upcoming CDMA devices for the USA that went through FCC cerfitication.

An updated version of the Omnia 7 with front-facing camera and presumably a 2nd-gen Snapdragon processor (probably the same 1.4 GHz version in their other 2 Mango phones) This was widely considered to be the best of the first wave of Windows phones. . . same beautiful Super AMOLED screen as the Focus, but with a metal unibody design:
Samsung SGH-i708 hits the FCC: a WP Mango remake of the Omnia 7?

And now a new LG phone:
http://www.windowscentral.com/lg-ls831-passes-fcc
No details yet, but it's most likely the LG Fantasy:
http://www.windowscentral.com/lg-fantasy-leaked

So don't worry, Sprint and Verizon customers. You'll be getting some new Windows phones soon enough :)

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
There is also a new LG WP7 device currently going thru FCC certification with CDMA radio.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
By the time I'm eligible to upgrade hopefully a good Nokia phone will be on Verizon.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
By the time I'm eligible to upgrade hopefully a good Nokia phone will be on Verizon.

I became eligible to upgrade last April but I'm stuck on Verizon for work and they have a variety of 1 WP7 phone, and it's a middling phone for 1st gen. I had one briefly, and my wife has one now, but I REALLY just want some options, some choices among various high end WP7 phones. I just want something I won't regret buying 6 months from now.

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got the trophy and I really like it. It may be middle of the road but it outperforms my wife's iPhone 4. If I'm eligible to upgrade after a year it will be in July, then hopefully I can get a truly high end phone.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I've got the trophy and I really like it. It may be middle of the road but it outperforms my wife's iPhone 4. If I'm eligible to upgrade after a year it will be in July, then hopefully I can get a truly high end phone.

Don't get me wrong. I liked the Trophy when I tried it out in April, but I had to have the ability to sync multiple Google calendars for work and that wasn't available then. It is with Mango, but Mango just became available and I keep hearing about all the 2nd gen phone goodness right around the corner.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I certainly wouldn't commit to two years with the trophy. It's good but not that good.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Generally when a phone passes through FCC, how long does it take? Are we talking in the next month 1 or more of these phones will be released?

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I certainly wouldn't commit to two years with the trophy. It's good but not that good.

If it handled multiple Google calendars last April, I would have done so happily. But I just can't at this late date...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)