10-22-2011 07:49 AM
58 123
tools
    We now know of two upcoming CDMA devices for the USA that went through FCC cerfitication.

An updated version of the Omnia 7 with front-facing camera and presumably a 2nd-gen Snapdragon processor (probably the same 1.4 GHz version in their other 2 Mango phones) This was widely considered to be the best of the first wave of Windows phones. . . same beautiful Super AMOLED screen as the Focus, but with a metal unibody design:
    Samsung SGH-i708 hits the FCC: a WP Mango remake of the Omnia 7?

And now a new LG phone:
    http://www.windowscentral.com/lg-ls831-passes-fcc
    No details yet, but it's most likely the LG Fantasy:
    http://www.windowscentral.com/lg-fantasy-leaked

So don't worry, Sprint and Verizon customers. You'll be getting some new Windows phones soon enough :)
    threed61 likes this.
    10-05-2011 12:44 PM
    There is also a new LG WP7 device currently going thru FCC certification with CDMA radio.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
    10-05-2011 01:03 PM
    There is also a new LG WP7 device currently going thru FCC certification with CDMA radio.

. . . I mentioned that in my post.
    10-05-2011 01:12 PM

And also...
    An updated version of the Omnia 7 with front-facing camera :D
    10-05-2011 01:24 PM
    And also...
    An updated version of the Omnia 7 with front-facing camera :D
    Plus, the LG Fantasy is a candidate to be the LG device! :excl::excl::excl::ninja:
    10-05-2011 01:31 PM
    You heard it here first! 5 new CDMA phones to land by Christmas! :-P
    drnikki likes this.
    10-05-2011 02:09 PM
    Weird they are all LG.
    10-05-2011 02:28 PM
    By the time I'm eligible to upgrade hopefully a good Nokia phone will be on Verizon.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    10-05-2011 03:28 PM
    By the time I'm eligible to upgrade hopefully a good Nokia phone will be on Verizon.
    I became eligible to upgrade last April but I'm stuck on Verizon for work and they have a variety of 1 WP7 phone, and it's a middling phone for 1st gen. I had one briefly, and my wife has one now, but I REALLY just want some options, some choices among various high end WP7 phones. I just want something I won't regret buying 6 months from now.
    Last edited by Umm Yeah...; 10-05-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    pbankey likes this.
    10-05-2011 06:55 PM
    I've got the trophy and I really like it. It may be middle of the road but it outperforms my wife's iPhone 4. If I'm eligible to upgrade after a year it will be in July, then hopefully I can get a truly high end phone.

10-05-2011 07:08 PM
    I've got the trophy and I really like it. It may be middle of the road but it outperforms my wife's iPhone 4. If I'm eligible to upgrade after a year it will be in July, then hopefully I can get a truly high end phone.

Don't get me wrong. I liked the Trophy when I tried it out in April, but I had to have the ability to sync multiple Google calendars for work and that wasn't available then. It is with Mango, but Mango just became available and I keep hearing about all the 2nd gen phone goodness right around the corner.
    10-05-2011 07:18 PM
    I certainly wouldn't commit to two years with the trophy. It's good but not that good.

10-05-2011 07:21 PM
    Generally when a phone passes through FCC, how long does it take? Are we talking in the next month 1 or more of these phones will be released?
    10-05-2011 07:27 PM
    I certainly wouldn't commit to two years with the trophy. It's good but not that good.

I did.
    10-05-2011 07:49 PM

If it handled multiple Google calendars last April, I would have done so happily. But I just can't at this late date...
    10-05-2011 07:55 PM
    I did.
    I might have. I was able to upgrade in July after having my previous phone a year. I hope I'm able to upgrade at the one year mark again. If not I might buy something at full retail.

10-05-2011 07:56 PM
    Generally when a phone passes through FCC, how long does it take? Are we talking in the next month 1 or more of these phones will be released?
    Usually seems to be about 4-6 weeks.
    10-05-2011 09:52 PM
    The Iphone 5 passed through yesterday and its coming out on the 12th..
    I'm sorry "4S" :)
    10-05-2011 10:48 PM
    Hopefully they're something good. We don't need any more minimum spec phones.
    10-05-2011 11:53 PM
    If they released a wp7 of the LG revolution, I would so get that!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    10-08-2011 06:08 PM
    Given that I work at a Sprint indirect, I hope the carrier gets a at least one great Windows Phone. The Arrive is ridiculously overpriced at $199. The LG Marque is a very svelte Android handset that would be great with Windows Phone. Hopefully we get something like it as well as something with a bigger screen. I want my demo phone to be a Windows Phone but the Arrive is too bulky for my tastes. And given the masses that bought the Evo and are complaining about battery life, I'd love to offer them something better.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    10-08-2011 07:08 PM
    You know you posted that from a samsung focus on ATT ?

I would like to see a Samsung on Sprint
    10-08-2011 08:58 PM
    You know you posted that from a samsung focus on ATT ?

I would like to see a Samsung on Sprint
    I think a Sprint Indirect is an electronic store that sells multiple wireless devices. One of the brands they carry is Sprint, so they are an authorized Sprint seller.
    10-08-2011 09:04 PM
    Yes, I posted it from an ATT device. I've just started, and I've yet to get my Sprint line active. Frankly, I'll be keeping my ATT line as long as they have superior Windows Phones, perhaps longer as I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan on my account.

And palandri is correct; an indirect is a third party company that sells service for other companies. The company I work for only sells Sprint device.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    palandri likes this.
    10-09-2011 03:43 AM
    I agree. That's why I just bought a used one off Ebay for 200.00. It is literally in like new condition and works great. When I know a better phone is coming, I will put it on Ebay and break even.

palandri likes this.
    10-09-2011 02:24 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD