The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-23-2011 09:38 PM
70 123
tools
    Samsung Focus Flash = 8G
    ew, ew, ew, ew. It's the 49 bucks Iphone 3GS again.
    10-19-2011 11:01 PM
    No expandable memory either right? Any word on if Nokia will have an SD card slot?
    10-19-2011 11:04 PM
    Samsung Focus S = ?
    Samsung Focus Flash = 8G
    HTC Titan = 16G
    Yeah was talking mainly about the Focus S
    10-19-2011 11:08 PM
    See this is what I was waiting for. I have a feeling these devices will be out very soon after what they showed today. I gotta say I still love the Titan.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    10-19-2011 11:11 PM
    BOOM! press shots.

Nokia better bring it. the Searay is not going to cut it.
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    10-19-2011 11:14 PM
    These phone gotta be coming soon!
    10-19-2011 11:20 PM
    I imagine the Focus S will be 16GB. Can't see it being anything else. Side note, anyone else sad about no NFC support until "some time next year"?
    10-19-2011 11:35 PM
    Is that part of the tango update? I noticed that the Focus S has NFC capabilities, but the Titan didn't.
    I imagine the Focus S will be 16GB. Can't see it being anything else. Side note, anyone else sad about no NFC support until "some time next year"?
    10-19-2011 11:37 PM
    Focus S reminds me of the original Samsung Galaxy line and I guess that's why I'm underwhelmed. The form factor of the Flash is not a style I care for. C'mon Oct. 26th!!
    10-19-2011 11:38 PM
    It's inline with the Sprint/Tmobile Galaxy S2 phones. Except it's smaller.
    Focus S reminds me of the original Samsung Galaxy line and I guess that's why I'm underwhelmed. The form factor of the Flash is not a style I care for. C'mon Oct. 26th!!
    10-19-2011 11:40 PM
    I don't care too much because I'm planning on using Zune Pass for music and load up the rest of it with my purchased stuff.
    You realize zune pass songs still take up space right? Unless you plan to select and stream all your music which is cumbersome, data intensive and infeasible for many people (subways, etc).

No expandable memory either right? Any word on if Nokia will have an SD card slot?
    Seems as if Microsoft is putting clamps down on micro SD card storage - none of the phones announced have had them. The Nokia N9 does not have a micro SD card slot, so would not look towards the Nokia 800 SeaRay having it. Although the N9 does have a 64GB variant which gives me hope for a similar Nokia 800 variant.

I just want a phone with at least 32GB standard of storage capacity. I don't think that's too much to ask nowadays.
    10-19-2011 11:41 PM
    I hope MS. Releases a skydrive app so that we can stream our own music. Google music is pretty nice.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    10-19-2011 11:50 PM
    I hope MS. Releases a skydrive app so that we can stream our own music. Google music is pretty nice.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    SkyDrive doesn't have a streaming service, so an app wouldn't help there.
    10-20-2011 12:02 AM
    BOOM! press shots.

I'm lovin everything I see bout this phone except the lack of knowledge on the storage front. If no microsd or 32gb storage then no go. And I'll be truly truly sad.
    10-20-2011 12:41 AM
    Where the cdma love? I hope we get some slab wp7 love to sprint. This arrive is looking old ever since the galaxy nexus came out :/ Nokia I think is gunna have a few surprises well I have some faith :)

The focus s is a good looking device and so is the titan but im really tired of both of their designs at this point. There not really changing and the hardware itself isn't anything special like there saving all the good stuff for the android users -_-

I got a feeling tho the fact that there's both high and and mid end phones are really going to appeal to both advanced users and new ones. Cheap and expensive choices, ms is making the right moves they just need to start wowing us more. Hardware and with the next updates. Then the third ecosystem will riseeeeeee :D
    10-20-2011 12:42 AM
    Am I missing something or is the Focus S basically the same phone as the Titan, just with a different body and screen?
    10-20-2011 12:54 AM
    I suggest you load up a MP3 to skydrive and give it a try. It works for me.
    SkyDrive doesn't have a streaming service, so an app wouldn't help there.
    10-20-2011 06:15 AM
    I don't understand. Is the Titan just a HD7 with a bigger screen and a larger body? Is the Focus S just a Arrive with a different body and a larger screen? Pretty much yeah, but there are differences in the inside. Some have FFC, some don't. The Focus S has NFC, the Titan don't. The Titan has DNLA but the Foucs S doesn't. But they all are WP7, so they are all pretty similar.
    Am I missing something or is the Focus S basically the same phone as the Titan, just with a different body and screen?
    10-20-2011 06:18 AM
    If the European Focus S looks the same, I'm sold on that - solid specs, and a nice contemporary design that's not too fussy. The Nokia shots, if anything, have put me off. It looks like an old-style iPod Nano case-wise.
    10-20-2011 07:27 AM
    BOOM! press shots.

Nokia better bring it. the Searay is not going to cut it.
    Samsung looks like a better styled case than the titan but looks like plastic. Besides the terrible depth of field setting in the side by side photo of all 3, the screens do not look any different. Definitely not a sales slide for SAMOLED screens in my book.
    10-20-2011 07:41 AM
    Yeah, I'm sure the Focus will be the plastic, most of the Galaxy S2's I've handled are. The Titan is aluminum unibody!
    10-20-2011 08:16 AM
    sweet!! i love Samsung phone build, SOOO SEXY!!

keep the light plastic frames coming baby!!

i love not having to carry a BRICK in my pocket like the HTC users :) screw the stupid metal frame with kick stands that weight ur pants down to your knees.

HTC user ;)
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 10-20-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    10-20-2011 08:55 AM
    I was pretty sure I was going to go for the Focus S. But after the Titan reviews and these pics I'm not so sure anymore. I could see myself going with the Titan instead. I'll have to try them out at the store.
    10-20-2011 08:57 AM
    If a cellphone is too heavy for you. I suggest you log off and go do some push ups. LOL!:)
    sweet!! i love Samsung phone build, SOOO SEXY!!

keep the light plastic frames coming baby!!

i love not having to carry a BRICK in my pocket like the HTC users :) screw the stupid metal frame with kick stands that weight ur pants down to your knees.

HTC user ;)
    Rhody#WP and flash_focus like this.
    10-20-2011 09:05 AM
    Are any of these phones coming to sprint?? What about t-mobile? (besides the radar) Im out of contract (with my palm pre) and can switch but i'd only go to t-mobile since they are cheaper (att and verizon are too expensive). So any good phones coming to sprint or tmo?
    10-20-2011 09:08 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD