Titan, Focus S, and Focus Flash photos..

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand. Is the Titan just a HD7 with a bigger screen and a larger body? Is the Focus S just a Arrive with a different body and a larger screen? Pretty much yeah, but there are differences in the inside. Some have FFC, some don't. The Focus S has NFC, the Titan don't. The Titan has DNLA but the Foucs S doesn't. But they all are WP7, so they are all pretty similar.
Am I missing something or is the Focus S basically the same phone as the Titan, just with a different body and screen?

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
If the European Focus S looks the same, I'm sold on that - solid specs, and a nice contemporary design that's not too fussy. The Nokia shots, if anything, have put me off. It looks like an old-style iPod Nano case-wise.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
BOOM! press shots.

attwp7samsung07.jpg

attwp7samsung08.jpg
attwp7samsung05.jpg

Nokia better bring it. the Searay is not going to cut it.

Samsung looks like a better styled case than the titan but looks like plastic. Besides the terrible depth of field setting in the side by side photo of all 3, the screens do not look any different. Definitely not a sales slide for SAMOLED screens in my book.
5126.DSC01072_5F00_6ECEE133.jpg

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
sweet!! i love Samsung phone build, SOOO SEXY!!

keep the light plastic frames coming baby!!

i love not having to carry a BRICK in my pocket like the HTC users :) screw the stupid metal frame with kick stands that weight ur pants down to your knees.

HTC user ;)
saggy-jeans-gangster.jpg

Last edited:

benjiprice

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty sure I was going to go for the Focus S. But after the Titan reviews and these pics I'm not so sure anymore. I could see myself going with the Titan instead. I'll have to try them out at the store.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If a cellphone is too heavy for you. I suggest you log off and go do some push ups. LOL!:)
sweet!! i love Samsung phone build, SOOO SEXY!!

keep the light plastic frames coming baby!!

i love not having to carry a BRICK in my pocket like the HTC users :) screw the stupid metal frame with kick stands that weight ur pants down to your knees.

HTC user ;)
saggy-jeans-gangster.jpg

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Are any of these phones coming to sprint?? What about t-mobile? (besides the radar) Im out of contract (with my palm pre) and can switch but i'd only go to t-mobile since they are cheaper (att and verizon are too expensive). So any good phones coming to sprint or tmo?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Nope.
Are any of these phones coming to sprint?? What about t-mobile? (besides the radar) Im out of contract (with my palm pre) and can switch but i'd only go to t-mobile since they are cheaper (att and verizon are too expensive). So any good phones coming to sprint or tmo?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand. Is the Titan just a HD7 with a bigger screen and a larger body? Is the Focus S just a Arrive with a different body and a larger screen? Pretty much yeah, but there are differences in the inside. Some have FFC, some don't. The Focus S has NFC, the Titan don't. The Titan has DNLA but the Foucs S doesn't. But they all are WP7, so they are all pretty similar.

Where did you hear the Focus S has NFC? That alone might make it the phone for me if true, but I never saw anything about it either way.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
most new phone have it + it shows it in specs+ u see it in the picture :)

That is good, but surprising since the OS doesn't yet support it.

Andy Lees talks Windows Phone 7 hardware for 2012 and NFC - Pocket-lint

But I am excited that Samsung is forward looking and put it in anyways. Since we are locked into a device for 2 years, and NFC is coming next year, I can be future proofed with this device. I am mostly excited about using it for mass transit applications in Europe, especially the Saint Petersbrg metro system.

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
The Focus Flash is called the Omnia W he in Europe.

Does anyone know which models will be available here and what they might be called?

I'm still waiting to see the price of the Nokias anyway...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's nice. Technology moves so fast that it's great that Samsung looked ahead. I was amazed at the number of businesses that are set up to use NFC, just in my immediate area.
That is good, but surprising since the OS doesn't yet support it.

Andy Lees talks Windows Phone 7 hardware for 2012 and NFC - Pocket-lint

But I am excited that Samsung is forward looking and put it in anyways. Since we are locked into a device for 2 years, and NFC is coming next year, I can be future proofed with this device. I am mostly excited about using it for mass transit applications in Europe, especially the Saint Petersbrg metro system.

ecthroi

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty sure I was going to go for the Focus S. But after the Titan reviews and these pics I'm not so sure anymore. I could see myself going with the Titan instead. I'll have to try them out at the store.

that is exactly where i am with things too. a windows phone version of the GS2 sounded awesome, but i'm almost underwhelmed with the photos. especially after watching/reading every tech site's review of the Titan, i'm really up in the air between them. it'll just come down to having each in hand and seeing which one i like better. hopefully i'll be able to do this at my local AT&T store sooner rather than later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)