What Will you Do if No Verizon/Sprint WP7 is Announced at Nokia World?

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My company pays for my service but not my phone. Because of that, I'm tied to Verizon no matter what. So what will I do if no WP7 is announced for Verizon at Nokia World?

cry...

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Would everyone say if no Verizon phone is announced at Nokia world, that they wont be releasing any the rest of the year? What about LG, Samsung, HTC? I would assume phones would have been leaked from those companies so i believe Nokia is the last chance. I would get the trophy, but 150 is way to much. The new iPhone is 50 bucks more. The Trophy needs to be around 50 for me to get it.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Would everyone say if no Verizon phone is announced at Nokia world, that they wont be releasing any the rest of the year? What about LG, Samsung, HTC? I would assume phones would have been leaked from those companies so i believe Nokia is the last chance. I would get the trophy, but 150 is way to much. The new iPhone is 50 bucks more. The Trophy needs to be around 50 for me to get it.

I think Verizon's big selling point right now is it's LTE network, so if a Nokia LTE phone is announced, I can see Verizon with it.

slpaige

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait until January when my both my lines are eligible for upgrades. If there's a new windows phone on Verizon, I'll get two of them, assuming they aren't tiny 3.5 - 3.7 inch screens (I want something over 4"). If not, I'll go with the Nexus or other Android 4.0 phone if any. My original Motorola droids gave me a good run, but time for something new.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Well if Sprint doesn't support more WP7 devices which they kinda don't already, hopefully someone gets a petition going to persuade them. Its all about what the customers want, right? Maybe. I heard talk of the googlies starting their own cell service. How hard would it be for MS to do the same? OR just buy sprint with all that google money.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I voted switch to iPhone/Droid but I'm still up in the air on it. I already have an Arrive but I'm looking at my options before the year is up. I was a Premiere/Gold member until they did away with the program so I still have my $150 credit towards a new phone. I'd like to get a new tech, current phone to hold onto for the next couple of years. I doubt I'll be switching carriers any time soon unless they also do away with the unlimited data/Everything plan like the others have. If/When that happens, then I'll just look to see who has the best deals and the cheapest outlay of funds for phone, plan, coverage, etc and then I'll choose with my money. I've been a mobile Windows user for 15+ years and a Nextel/Sprint customer for at least as long.

Unless they force me to switch I don't see a real need to.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Doesnt matter.

Focus S and AT&T (contract up in Dec :) )

VZW eliminated our corp discount on the 2gig data plan. So bye VZW ! Will be a Trophy available on ebay soon enough...

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it is true. No Nokia phones in the US until early 2012. Le sigh. Guess I'll be running a month-to-month contract on my Focus until then, since I love the apps that come with the Nokia phones.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Looks like it is true. No Nokia phones in the US until early 2012. Le sigh. Guess I'll be running a month-to-month contract on my Focus until then, since I love the apps that come with the Nokia phones.

Depending on your usage, month to month on AT&T isn't bad. It only cost me about $20 a month on my Trophy which is my work phone.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Even though I wouldn't be in a rush to switch to a new WP device, I would switch carriers to get what I want. It would have to be for more than just a phone though because carriers alternate between each other in who has the hottest/best phones. I was a returning Sprint customer for 2.5 years but with that spotty coverage and expensive bills, I couldn't stay with them. They were constantly increasing the prices (and the taxes ALONE were ridiculous). And that's what's going to be with these carriers. That's why I ultimately made the decision to go prepaid. I pray that services like H2O wireless and Simple Mobile keep their plans and rates because their prices are great. Being able to use any unlocked device (or native AT&T *H2O* or T-Mo *Simple* devices) on their networks is an added bonus

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
You VZW customers might be pleased to know that the Verizon team is at Nokia World, so there's definitely hope for you. :)

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
You VZW customers might be pleased to know that the Verizon team is at Nokia World, so there's definitely hope for you. :)

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

I'd be happy if I heard they were there to make a presentation.

Otherwise, they could be there just to guage if there is any interest at all in the new handsets or if they should just sell off the existing inventories of HTC Trophys and stick with Apple and Android, with BlackBerrys for the business types.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Even though I wouldn't be in a rush to switch to a new WP device, I would switch carriers to get what I want. It would have to be for more than just a phone though because carriers alternate between each other in who has the hottest/best phones. I was a returning Sprint customer for 2.5 years but with that spotty coverage and expensive bills, I couldn't stay with them. They were constantly increasing the prices (and the taxes ALONE were ridiculous). And that's what's going to be with these carriers. That's why I ultimately made the decision to go prepaid. I pray that services like H2O wireless and Simple Mobile keep their plans and rates because their prices are great. Being able to use any unlocked device (or native AT&T *H2O* or T-Mo *Simple* devices) on their networks is an added bonus

I'm about to bail on Sprint myself. How's that working out going prepaid in terms of coverage or any other potential quirks?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I've heard good things about H20. I have never tried them. It's on the AT&T network. You can find their SIM cards at Best Buy. I might give them a shot. I have a AT&T pay as you go SIM card in my Trophy.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to bail on Sprint myself. How's that working out going prepaid in terms of coverage or any other potential quirks?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Coverage is good. I'm with Simple Mobile so it has decent coverage in my area. My apartment is another story but I knew that being that I used to be with T-Mo a long time ago. The only other thing I can think of that could cause problems is buying the phones used or outright. Could get expensive if you like using different phones. Other than that I haven't had any problems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss