The Guardian says the Nokia Ace has a hardware keyboard

Lucky7Phone

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how reliable the Guardian is in terms of tech news but it seems they are the only news outlet out there saying that the Nokia Ace might have a hardware keyboard.

The third handset, the Ace, appears to be designed for business users. It is the only new device with a keyboard, which is hidden behind a slide screen, and the casing is black with silver detailing. According to TechWith, it has an eight-megapixel camera

Full article: Nokia to unveil three smartphones next week | Technology | guardian.co.uk

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Sweet.
11041124-nokia-e7.jpg

Where are the Samsung new Propel/Blackjack windows Phone? I would love one.

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The E-7 is one sweet phone. I will probably drop my Arrive for it as long as it has a FF camera, the only thing missing from my Arrive that I really want. Although giving up the Arrive's 5row keyboard will hurt a little, I really like having dedicated number keys.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The E-7 is one sweet phone. I will probably drop my Arrive for it as long as it has a FF camera, the only thing missing from my Arrive that I really want. Although giving up the Arrive's 5row keyboard will hurt a little, I really like having dedicated number keys.

at first I thought it was weird, but now I really love that row of keys

SB_Pete

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Man, I hope so! The E7 is an awesome piece of hardware. Now if they could just jam the N8 camera and fm radio transmitter in there and some symbian phone usability (like discrete as opposed to linear txts, phone profiles, contacts search-on-type, dbl click to lock on shift&number, etc.)...

My only issue with the E7 design is that it is sealed battery (well screwdriver disassembly anyways). I'll never understand non-user replaceable batteries on business devices that can easily blow through a battery in less than a day [shakes head].

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Man, I hope so! The E7 is an awesome piece of hardware. Now if they could just jam the N8 camera and fm radio transmitter in there and some symbian phone usability (like discrete as opposed to linear txts, phone profiles, contacts search-on-type, dbl click to lock on shift&number, etc.)...

My only issue with the E7 design is that it is sealed battery (well screwdriver disassembly anyways). I'll never understand non-user replaceable batteries on business devices that can easily blow through a battery in less than a day [shakes head].

+1 I agree. :cool:

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Was about to say i wouldn't like the E7 as my phone because the screen is smaller than my HD7's but a 4" screen is the same as my mom's Galaxy S 4G (don't worry i'm converting her xD) and i think that phone has a good screen size. Though i know AMOLED doesn't do well in direct sunlight, unlike it's Super AMOLED counter-part, i think anything would be better than my HD7's screen. (My mouth dropped to the floor when i compared screens with the Focus)

The only thing i would be iffy about is the hardware keyboard. I'm not a fan of those, but i'm willing to give it a try for a good phone.

OR! and i'm just spit-balling (or grasping at straws) here, maybe it could be a phone with swappable hardware accessories. . .

SB_Pete

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

The only thing i would be iffy about is the hardware keyboard. I'm not a fan of those, but i'm willing to give it a try for a good phone...

Well, in that case then the Lumia 800 would seem to be a better fit for you. I'm sure they'll also end up making a 4.3-4.5" screen only device as those seem to be the rage with the carriers right now. In any case, the keyboard adds thickness so if you don't like them, then I can't imagine, you'd like a phone with one as they have to make compromises to include them.

Personally I prefer a 3.5" screen and a 5 row keyboard, but that's just me. I can't stand virtual keyboards and anything over 3.5" just takes up too much hand and pocket space. They seem fragile and demand two hands. I don't watch movies on my phone though - I just want a solid phone and txting device that I can look things up on and stream audio through. Occasionally, I watch news on it or a youtube vid, but that's about it.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the feeling, samsung, sony, htc, and nokia will all have some new keyboard phone by summer 2012. I hope dell makes one to becuase I love my VP. They will all probily come out around the same time. Im sure all of you have seen the sony WP7 leak pic, but thats old news and nothing came out of it, probily just a prototyip for testing. And like samsung really cant make one yet? I mean imagen this phone but WP7 Samsung Captivate (TM) Glide Cell Phone - from AT&T .

I cant wat for a new side slider WP7 phone!!! And that nokia looks like a epic little laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb