CES 2012: new Nokia phones in ATT to debut

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Saw that, and made the decision to sit tight. Makes it easier to do that on my Focus for a few months and wait it out.

Mangos taste better than apples!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe time to start considering a move to att, tmobile in particular seems uninterested in WP7. Contract is up Dec 15, so CES will definitely be a big factor.

Skycop

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Man I was all set to ditch sprint and grab a titan myself but I think im going to wait this out too. The titan is sexy but i really really want a high end Nokia. Its only two more months but still seems a long ways away!

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
AT&T has definitely been Windows Phones best American supporter. Tmo has a long relationship with Nokia, so you may well see some nice phones there as well.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
AT&T has definitely been Windows Phones best American supporter. Tmo has a long relationship with Nokia, so you may well see some nice phones there as well.

hope so because at this point I'm stuck with t-mo for a while longer now so they better be getting some more good WP7 phones!

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
They will announce their 2012 lineup at CES. I really doubt they will be released at that time. Possible but doubtful. My guess is a spring launch or like 4-5 months from now. Would be nice but I am not waiting. No leaked images or anything of the 2012 phones makes me a bit pessimistic of anything launching in January.

Mr.Moonlight

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I spoke yesterday to an inside (usually pretty reliable) source here in Europe who told me that T-Mo USA plans to offer "at least one Nokia Windows Phone". The "at least" part leaves open the possibility that there may be more than one. But there may not be, either. He wouldn't elaborate, though... it was hard enough trying to coax the info out of him that I got.

Fingers crossed for you T-Mo customers over there in the States.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I spoke yesterday to an inside (usually pretty reliable) source here in Europe who told me that T-Mo USA plans to offer "at least one Nokia Windows Phone". The "at least" part leaves open the possibility that there may be more than one. But there may not be, either. He wouldn't elaborate, though... it was hard enough trying to coax the info out of him that I got.

Fingers crossed for you T-Mo customers over there in the States.

That would be the 710 that recently passed the FCC with Tmo AWS bands. Not sure i'll be beating down their door to get that.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait! I went to Verizon today to check out the Droid Razr, and although the hardware is actually very nice, I just can't go back to Android. I can't wait to kick T-Mo to the curb for AT&T or Verizon. Nokia, all I'm waiting on is you! I'll be there on launch day!

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
They will announce their 2012 lineup at CES. I really doubt they will be released at that time. Possible but doubtful. My guess is a spring launch or like 4-5 months from now. Would be nice but I am not waiting. No leaked images or anything of the 2012 phones makes me a bit pessimistic of anything launching in January.

It would all depend on if the carrier announces a release date within a month. For instance, a month after CES this past year, AT&T released the Atrix and the Inspire 4G. Those both were pretty groundbreaking phones for AT&T at the time. And it seems like lately AT&T is on board for a bunch of releases. Apparently they just announced another Android phone, the LG Optimus LTE for their network.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm really resting all my hopes on Nokia to bring out a WP7 device with a premium chassis. The recent crop all have at least one major flaw that turns me off.

Focus Flash: 8GB storage
Focus S: Cheap feel and crappy back plate. Also a bit big for my taste.
Titan: Too big (but probably the best WP7 out there if you don't mind the size)
Lumia 800: No FCC
Lumia 710: Ugly design
HTC Radar: Dumb looking bottom half

And the handful of unreleased phones that have been announced don't look too impressive either. If the 800 had a FFC that would literally be the perfect phone for me.

Last edited:

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm really resting all my hopes on Nokia to bring out a WP7 device with a premium chassis. The recent crop all have at least one major flaw that turns me off.

Focus Flash: 8GB storage
Focus S: Cheap feel and crappy black plate. Also a bit big for my taste.
Titan: Too big (but probably the best WP7 out there if you don't mind the size)
Lumia 800: No FCC
Lumia 710: Ugly design
HTC Radar: Dumb looking bottom half

And the handful of unreleased phones that have been announced don't look too impressive either. If the 800 had a FFC that would literally be the perfect phone for me.

I agree that every phone announced/released has one major flaw, but a couple of my flaws are different
Focus Flash: 8 Gigs of storage, lower quality Camera
Focus S: Too big, feels like a cheap toy
Titan: Way too damn big
Lumia 800: Poor photo quality (no FFC is no big deal to me, I don't use them when I have them)
Lumia 710: All the 800's flaws, in a less attractive body with a worse screen
HTC Radar: 8 gigs of storage. Lower quality camera
If the Lumia 800, Focus Flash, or Radar had better camera quality and higher storage, they would be winning as far as I'm concerned. LTE support would be a big, big plus to me as I don't feel now is a good time to lock into a two year contract on a phone lacking the next gen wireless tech.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
There's a strong chance that Nokia will release their new stuff shortly after showing it at CES. It seems like they're bringing out the Lumia line everywhere right after debuting it.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I believe that a FFC is a necessity. You don't skimp out on features on a "premium" phone. I rarely use the FFC, but when I do I'm glad I have it. Plus as more apps start to take advantage of a FFC (skype anyone?) you'll be glad you have it. For Nokia to leave it out is just plain stupid on their part as it's a deal breaker for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel