Nokia Windows 8 tablet in 2012?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Will likely be the same OS version as the Phone since they will both probably be running on ARM CPUs not x86 like the desktop versions of win8.

That is a horrible rendering or that screen is as curved as an arena roof.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I can see getting a tablet if it's around the $200 mark, but anything more than that you just kinda go "What are you really using it for?" You can't really take notes with them or type that good on them like a netbook or laptop, so I can't see it being used for that. Not to mention you would have to hold it at an angle in order to type on it. Idk, again if it was $200-$300 then yeah that's fine.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
first of all its not a *tablet* its a *SLAB* i know it weird but there’s a reason.. ( i saw the the word SLAB in a Microsoft review at the start of the year , thats what they called it HAHA )

its gona be running a FULL version of the Windows 8 OS. just like a PC..... thats why its not a TABLET , its the evolution of a tablet. ( i know , in the end its still a TABLET, just like they call cellphones --> Smartphones, and now --> SUPERPHONES , LOL )

and that’s why MS is expected to have the best Ecosystem compared to an Ipad witch doesn’t run LYON ( mac`s current OS )

and honestly dont expect it to be under 500$ specially a *slab* with a FULL PC OS.

i would pay 500$ for a FULL Windows OS SLAB ,but would never pay 500$ for an Ipod on crack (Ipad)

Last edited:

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The HP Touchpad firesale and the Kindle Fire have probably killed the $500+ tablets for anything that doesn't start with an i. Tablets running full PC OS have been around for a decade and nobody bought them. The folks who buy tabs don't want full PC functions, Apple understands that, which is why there is an iPad market, not a tablet market.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The HP Touchpad firesale and the Kindle Fire have probably killed the $500+ tablets for anything that doesn't start with an i. Tablets running full PC OS have been around for a decade and nobody bought them. The folks who buy tabs don't want full PC functions, Apple understands that, which is why there is an iPad market, not a tablet market.

FULL PC tablet have been around for a Decade??? hmmmm

id like to see your 10 year old FULL PC OS TABLET running windows ME

i never got an Ipad cause its just a glorified Ipod with a bigger screen. im sure if APPLE would make a LYON OS Ipad ... all current Ipads would hit the trash can.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I recollect the Microsoft Tablet PC coming out around 2002 or 2003 running XP, and remember seeing many others aimed at the business crowd since. Possible that tab users want desktop features, but I think don't think they want to carry around a lot of stuff they never use.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well i find it unlikely , cause Ipad came out what 4-5years ago? and that was revolutionary.. and nothing like it had ever been done... i might be wrong i dunno , i ran searches and i can’t find anything aside from WINDOWS 7 tablets..

maybe you saw a CONCEPT tablet that MS might have wanted to make...

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Seems longer, but the iPad was released in April 2010. I saw tabs, called slates in stores before that. I think you're right though, it will be interesting to see what Windows 8 does with the tablet.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The Windows slates will be awesome. Having the power of a full-featured desktop OS will be awesome. Or there's the option with just using the ARM version, which still offers a full OS, but without backward compatibility.

The best part though is that Windows 8 is built with touch in mind as the primary input mechanism. It's not something that's just added on top like it was with Windows 7.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Will likely be the same OS version as the Phone since they will both probably be running on ARM CPUs not x86 like the desktop versions of win8.

That is a horrible rendering or that screen is as curved as an arena roof.

Windows 8 is a touch-centric OS. The rendering is from the start screen of Windows 8.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The best part though is that Windows 8 is built with touch in mind as the primary input mechanism. It's not something that's just added on top like it was with Windows 7.

yeah thats a good thing for sooooooooo many reasons....

it hinkt he big one is that people tempting to go to MAC in the Entertainment business will be turned more towards PC because of it all...(instead of being owned by APPLE )
like dunno if you noticed but allot of the NEWS channel use touch screens (windows 7 ) this is just gona continue MS to grow in the right direction

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn about if I want to get an x86 based slate or an ARM based one.

I'm an artist/animator by trade, so it would be cool to sit there on a slate with Photoshop, Maya, and Zbrush. But if the battery life is lower with an x86 slate, then I'm not sure how advantageous that really would be.

I think most of my real work will still be done on a high powered desktop. And so then I may just get an ARM based slate because I'm sure someone will make some type of sketchbook type app to run on it.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The Windows slates will be awesome. Having the power of a full-featured desktop OS will be awesome. Or there's the option with just using the ARM version, which still offers a full OS, but without backward compatibility.

I haven't seen much on Windows 8 slates, I look forward to replacing my Android tab with one. Can you recommend some good articles on how it will work?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn about if I want to get an x86 based slate or an ARM based one.

I'm an artist/animator by trade, so it would be cool to sit there on a slate with Photoshop, Maya, and Zbrush. But if the battery life is lower with an x86 slate, then I'm not sure how advantageous that really would be.

I think most of my real work will still be done on a high powered desktop. And so then I may just get an ARM based slate because I'm sure someone will make some type of sketchbook type app to run on it.

I myself compose music and in the entertainment area of life ( on the side )

what im gona do is just get the ARM one , having the big one would be useless
basically:

PC = Composing, editing , MASTERING, even play shows
SLATE = on the go composition , editing

that’s pretty much it, no way in **** i can run all my side programs to master and engineer the sounds. not to mentions I cant carry around my Studio Monitor speakers.lol

I haven't seen much on Windows 8 slates, I look forward to replacing my Android tab with one. Can you recommend some good articles on how it will work?

gona be an other 6month before we start seeing any official slates.

all the articles are using ANDROID or WEB OS TABLETS that where modified to BETA test the WINDOWS 8 SLATE OS.

Engaget.com has the best reviews of the actual OS but most of the feature arnt even ready yet. (6 to 12 months )

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750