Any one waiting for to see Lumia 900 before getting Titan?

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I like TITAN and I think It's the best phone I've ever seen so far,if I get the Titan I'll keep It for the next 2 or 3 years,so I think about waiting for Lumia 900 and see what It offers,before going for Titan.
What about you guys?What do You think?

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am with you there...i am still in the market for a Titan but if the Lumia 900/Nokia Ace is out early next year then i might just change my mind.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
There is always something new and better coming out in a few months. If you like spending your life waiting, continue to do so. I like to have stuff. I waited the extra few months for the 4S to launch and was sorely disappointed in it.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah likewise I couldn't be bothered to wait on yet another announcement of a new phone from Nokia so just jumped right in there and got my Titan, so glad I did too. :)

If I waited on another new Nokia phone, it'll be old hat in another few months anyway.

You just can't keep waiting on yet another announcement. :D

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The only major difference will be LTE, and since I don't live in a LTE area, there was no compelling reason to wait.

I plan on keeping my Titan until Apollo devices are released.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
As long as Lumia 900 will retain the N9/800 design, but gets the +4" screen and hopefully 32GB internal memory, i will be all for it.

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah You can't wait your whole life,but some of You are planning on getting Apollo devices when they come out.If I get a device now I'm not gonna change It in the next 2 years.
How many of You are planning on keeping your devices for that period of time?Aren't You gonna change them when Apollo or maybe Windows 8 is out?
The only thing that keeps me from getting Titan now is some of the issues I've heard about It,such as some displays with dead pixels,freezing,a little sound problem.
Some had some signal issues but I'm quiet sure It's just with AT&T.
If I get sure that my device isn't gonna have those issues then I'm gonna buy TITAN,'cause I like this thing and as I said before It's the best phone I've ever seen,especially the screen.And I'm a little concern with Lumia 900's 4.3 display,'cause TITAN's display is 4.7 and that's a big difference on a phone!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Rumor is that the 900 won't release until Tango drops. When is Tango dropping? We have almost no information about the 900 and even less about Tango. I do want a Nokia phone, mostly for their superb hardware and services, but if I have to wait until mid March/April then I'll just stick with my Titan. However, I might still pay full price for a Nokia later in the year. My girl could really use Nokia Drive.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
If the Lumia 900 or a similar phone is not out for sprint by next March, I am switching to ATT and getting the Titan.

Don't hold your breath on that happening. From the deafening silence from Sprint on WP devices it would appear they are in no hurry and they shot their wad of cash on the IpHone!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Rumor is that the 900 won't release until Tango drops. When is Tango dropping? We have almost no information about the 900 and even less about Tango. I do want a Nokia phone, mostly for their superb hardware and services, but if I have to wait until mid March/April then I'll just stick with my Titan. However, I might still pay full price for a Nokia later in the year. My girl could really use Nokia Drive.

There's an article over at WMpoweruser saying somebody got their hands on a prototype 900 and its 4.3 samoled FFC better camera than the 800 will come in either 16 or 32 GB and will ship with Tango (probably no later than March) For me thats worth the wait. I dont need 32 GB but if its available for 299.00 on ATT like the 4s 32GB model I will sacrifice my upgrade for that!

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering switching from VZW to AT&T because of the phone selection and the faster hspa speeds. I'm going to wait to see if the Ace/900 is LTE and on Verizon, in which case I'll get that and stay where I am, Verizon's LTE is pretty good where I live. I really like the Titan however.

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering switching from VZW to AT&T because of the phone selection and the faster hspa speeds. I'm going to wait to see if the Ace/900 is LTE and on Verizon, in which case I'll get that and stay where I am, Verizon's LTE is pretty good where I live. I really like the Titan however.
Yup,It seems every one likes TITAN!:)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sure, there will always be a new phone around the corner. But we are talking about a Nokia WP here, and in the US at least, nothing to compare it to. In other words, it's not just an upgrade from previous iteration. So I have to wait and see what Nokia is going to bring to the table. Tango would be announced in early January/February and the Nokia should be available at the same time. That's not a very long wait.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Where is the "I'll be getting the Lumia 900 as well" option?

I have the Titan and if it's LTE, I almost won't even care about the specs, I'll get it immediately.

In fact, unless it's has the same specs as my Titan, I'll be getting it. So if it's the camera that's better and no LTE, I'm getting it. More memory, I'm getting it. Better battery, "Get over here".

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought a TITAN because I got it for a penny. If I had had to pay full price, I would have waited to see the 900. I will probably buy an Apollo phone (most likely Nokia, but maybe another HTC) at full cost when they come out.

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I have the Titan and if it's LTE, I almost won't even care about the specs, I'll get it immediately.

In fact, unless it's has the same specs as my Titan, I'll be getting it. So if it's the camera that's better and no LTE, I'm getting it. More memory, I'm getting it. Better battery, "Get over here".
sorry duvi,TITAN or Lumia 900, not both
for some one who is planning on having both devices there is not much to be worry about,but for those of us who will choose between these two there are lots of things to consider!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte