01-09-2012 07:29 PM
74 123
tools
    VZW would have made a better exclusive partner. If they had an ad campaign simiar to their "droid" one they would singlehandedly make WP7 a household name. To date, at&t has had the handsets but practically no advertising. Cant believe they have the Titan yet no accompanying ad blitz, just the usual iphone stuff on their site and in their ads.
    12-16-2011 11:42 AM
    A little birdie told me that AT&T is supposed to have 6mo exclusitivity on this phone...
    the part i like about this idea is that counting 6mos from a release date sometime early next yr would get me pretty close to the end of my current contract and so would mean that I could start seriously looking into options either with my current carrier (assuming they have gotten any higher end WP models by then) or with whoever is carrying this Nokia (or any newer/nicer models that might have come along of course) by that time. It kind of sucks not being really in the market right now but, it's good to see that some nice stuff is apparently in the pipeline so I should have some nifty options to look at when the time comes.
    12-16-2011 03:01 PM
    12-30-2011 01:48 PM
    New render today r IMHO eported here at WPC and on WMPoereuser and many others I suspect. Pictures with Nokia on the phone as well as ATT logo and screen showing 4G IMHO it looks pretty nice although I hope it comes out with the snazzy red colorizationas well as the other Nokia colors.
    12-30-2011 04:55 PM
    What's the big deal about 32G phones? I use to have a 16G iPhone 4 and now using a 8G Focus, and I always had space left over. I know some people have huge playlist, but how much music can you listen to daily?
    If you have a lot of games, that 8 GB can get filled up pretty quickly. Now, if you also include wanting to listen to a lot of music, and maybe like to shoot video every once in a while, then you can see how even 16 GB can get dipped up rather quickly.

Also, for avid music listeners, they often want a large portion of their collection available to them so they could listen to whatever they're in the mood for. And many don't like having to resync with Zune on a regular basis just to change songs.

If free WiFi was available everywhere, then it wouldn't be as much of an issue. But that's not the case yet.
    12-30-2011 04:58 PM

16GB and 32GB versions
    Front Facing camera
    4.3โ€ณ Clear Black Display
    125.5 x 65.8 x 9 mm
    8mpx camera with single LED
    LTE
    This is my next phone.
    12-30-2011 05:13 PM
    VZW would have made a better exclusive partner. If they had an ad campaign simiar to their "droid" one they would singlehandedly make WP7 a household name. To date, at&t has had the handsets but practically no advertising. Cant believe they have the Titan yet no accompanying ad blitz, just the usual iphone stuff on their site and in their ads.
    I agree. At&t had the most wp7 and that didn't really help sales much. If MS really wants wp to take off like android did they need to get verizon on board and give them some high end lte devices that will sway people away from the iphone and android lineup. I know if they would get a real high end wp7 device with lte i would switch from android in a heartbeat and am sure there are many others like myself.
    12-30-2011 07:56 PM
    Who says MSFT / Nokia had a choice re:VZW?

I mean, everyone agrees the phones should be as many carriers as possible but the simple fact is that the carriers are in charge of an awful lot. VZW might have said no, just as they said no to the iPhone way back in the day. Neither MSFT or Nokia is in any position to dictate things to US carriers like Apple
    12-30-2011 08:54 PM
    Oh my God, that phone sounds like a dream come true.
    Big Supes likes this.
    12-30-2011 10:06 PM
    What is that thin strip between the bezel and the screen? I was really hoping the AT&T version would have a similar build and design as the lumina 800.
    12-30-2011 10:26 PM
    What is that thin strip between the bezel and the screen? I was really hoping the AT&T version would have a similar build and design as the lumina 800.
    Most likely the speaker. Seems improved.
    12-31-2011 08:58 AM
    That's seem to be result of this render missing curved glass that's on N9 and Lumia 800.
    Lets hope the final product has curved glass, while it wont be a deal breaker to me.

EDIT: or you mean the opening on the top? That's certainly the earpiece that has been moved downwards compared to 800.
    Last edited by tissotti; 12-31-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    12-31-2011 09:00 AM
    That's seem to be result of this render missing curved glass that's on N9 and Lumia 800.
    Lets hope the final product has curved glass, while it wont be a deal breaker to me.
    Oh, I didn't noticed that. It looks odd.
    12-31-2011 09:32 AM
    I don't mean the speaker, I mean that thin bezel-like strip between the phone and the screen, all the way around.
    No, it won't be a deal breaker for me either, but I do fear that the super clean design of the lumia 800 is going to be corrupted with bezels, logos, etc.
    12-31-2011 10:00 AM
    I don't mean the speaker, I mean that thin bezel-like strip between the phone and the screen, all the way around.
    No, it won't be a deal breaker for me either, but I do fear that the super clean design of the lumia 800 is going to be corrupted with bezels, logos, etc.
    Ah yeah. It seems to be the generic bezel between flat surface and screen. One of the great things about the N9 and 800 curved screen was that it removed that bezel and the screen just curved naturally on the round sides with out that thin strip bezel.

12-31-2011 10:22 AM
    Why would they take out the curve glass? mmmm
    12-31-2011 05:18 PM
    So it seems the 900 will be called the Nokia Ace. Is that correct?
    01-01-2012 12:01 PM
    So it seems the 900 will be called the Nokia Ace. Is that correct?
    Ace is most likely the internal name. Rover=N900, Lankku=N9. Globally it will certainly be Lumia 900 or Lumia 9xx.... if it goes sales globally.
    Though as U.S. carriers seem to like to name their phones, it could be that at&t gives it some specific name. Who knows.
    01-01-2012 12:15 PM
    It also could be ATT's name for the device! Time will indeed tell!
    01-01-2012 08:59 PM
    Ace is Nokia's internal name. AT&T also has an internal name for it as well...
    01-02-2012 10:30 PM
    I myself am glad the US name their devices, all those numbers get confusing.
    01-02-2012 11:19 PM
    Not a big deal one way or the other IMHO!
    01-03-2012 12:32 AM
    01-03-2012 11:36 PM
    no curved glass :(

(still looks nice)
    01-09-2012 07:29 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD