Nokia Lumia 900 render?!?

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
People like to store a bunch of music and videos on their phone. Individuals have different preferences and usage patterns and I obviously use my phone differently than you do

But the more salient point: the iPhone and Droid phones have the option, so should the flagship Windows Phone. Period.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What you mean people use their phones differently, NSS. The question wasn't directed to you, thus no quotes.
People like to store a bunch of music and videos on their phone. Individuals have different preferences and usage patterns and I obviously use my phone differently than you do

But the more salient point: the iPhone and Droid phones have the option, so should the flagship Windows Phone. Period.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I know, I never even filled my 8GB Omnia, I don't see the point in having that much music stored when it can be changed when required.

The 16GB on my Titan seems a rediculous amount to me. LOL :D

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, videos is what I was forgetting. I was thinking in terms of music and photos only. I can see the need for higher capacity devices. I'm so use to Netflix, I forgot about people still adding movies directly to their phone.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I think there's still definitely room for 32GB or more phones. Example Nokia N9 easily most popular version is the 64GB, compared to 16GB.

I myself listen music a lot and have in the years collected about ~24GB of music (most is lossless) that i transfer to all of my gadgets. I'm also the kind of person who isn't fan of cloud memory, so i'm not using those services before they are forced to me.
If i wasn't this old (22 ;)), haven't collected that music library and wanna use good quality music that's streamed or connected to my high end music setup i would be more than happy to pay for service like Spotify or use Pandora (if it was available in Europe) so i would not need that memory.

Though i also see the phone or tablet as some kind of media home that should have that 32GB or more to so you can stream the content to your TV via HDMI, DLNA, AirPlay or whatever.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You also have those HD movies recorded on the phone itself. More space just gives you the capability to enjoy things without having to think about picking and choosing what content goes with you, just dump it all on there and enjoy anything anywhere.

Why don't I ever see T-Mobile mentioned as the carrier in these stories? :(

Perhaps the T-Mobile version will be the one with the 4.7 inch screen. I can always hope.

Tmobile gets the 710, guess we are the drizzle part of the rolling thunder campaign. :)

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, videos is what I was forgetting. I was thinking in terms of music and photos only. I can see the need for higher capacity devices. I'm so use to Netflix, I forgot about people still adding movies directly to their phone.

Well, let's see...I currently have just under 4GB of music files on my phone (a fraction of the 30+GB of mp3's on my computer at home) and believe me when I tell you that this is NOT really a lot of music (at the office for 10hrs a day, 5 days a week = lots of time with the music player running and headphones plugged in). Then between apps and the data space those apps use another 2+GB or so is being used up, reserved space takes a chunk as well, add in pics and other files and I currently have about 850MB of available space left according to Zune. Which means I have to spend time every few days going through my music files and deciding what I MIGHT be in the mood to listen to for the rest of the week, deleting songs off the phone and loading different songs up. Is it the end of the world for me to have to do this? No... but, why should I have to do it? Why not offer more 16GB/32GB+ phones for those of us (and trust me that I am NOT alone in this) who would like to have more of our music and video collections available ON our phones?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I would get that one, red really does stand out. Green would be an even better choice, too!

Thank God CES is just around the corner :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Seems like people are liking the red. I dig the black. If you change those tiles to any other color with the red phone, I think it looks pretty terrible. But with a black finish, all tile colors look decent at worst.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I would not worry about the color at all. They have "a bit" of experience on selling phones and certainly know the colors that sell.
Nokia has been for past year or two offering their phones on multiple colors (getting my Cyan 800 tomorrow), but they know it's the black that sells. Who knows if this render even have color that the phone will be available for.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
What's the big deal about 32G phones? I use to have a 16G iPhone 4 and now using a 8G Focus, and I always had space left over. I know some people have huge playlist, but how much music can you listen to daily?

Who wants to predict what music they'll be in the mood for and upload, on a daily basis? I have 11G of personal music with multiple playlists that cater for all different moods and occasions. Chuck apps, games, pictures in there and you're pretty much done (considering I don't wish to run at full capacity). I haven't even stored any videos on my phone!

I'd love an additional 10+G for videos. It's a must for me.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They also have "a bit" of experience at crumbling and having to go to MS to help rescue them, if they can. So one can look at that both ways.
I would not worry about the color at all. They have "a bit" of experience on selling phones and certainly know the colors that sell.
Nokia has been for past year or two offering their phones on multiple colors (getting my Cyan 800 tomorrow), but they know it's the black that sells. Who knows if this render even have color that the phone will be available for.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Surprised no one has made the obvious association, red for Verizon. Could be an exclusive color and will certainly make it instantly recognisable. And seeing how Verizon loves their campaigns, having an exclusive red Lumia line would be perfect for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans