Nokia Lumia 900 render?!?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I dont need but to me its the idea that you can get it if you want it! It amkes it easier for me to resist the urge to buy a titan or the focus s!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Is the Lumia 900 and the "ace" supposed to be different handsets?

Possibly but probably not. Some reports have the 900 or Ace with a physical lanscape kb sliding out other say its a slab I am hoping for a slab but a physical kb would be okay but like the tilt2 I wouldnt use it very much as I am very meh about physical kbs over them after the demise of the treo pro

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
They also have "a bit" of experience at crumbling and having to go to MS to help rescue them, if they can. So one can look at that both ways.

I think the problems where a bit deeper than phone colors. :D At the moment it seems more likey that Nokia might save MS mobile plan, than the other way.
As Elops strategy change scrumpled Symbian sales, even if they still sell multiple time what wp sells.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is too busy pushing droid phones. They are the droid carrier.

I could definitely see AT&T pushing this as a carrier flagship considering the iPhone is cross-carrier now and they haven't really had a single smartphone to really push since that happened

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
VZW would have made a better exclusive partner. If they had an ad campaign simiar to their "droid" one they would singlehandedly make WP7 a household name. To date, at&t has had the handsets but practically no advertising. Cant believe they have the Titan yet no accompanying ad blitz, just the usual iphone stuff on their site and in their ads.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
A little birdie told me that AT&T is supposed to have 6mo exclusitivity on this phone...

the part i like about this idea is that counting 6mos from a release date sometime early next yr would get me pretty close to the end of my current contract and so would mean that I could start seriously looking into options either with my current carrier (assuming they have gotten any higher end WP models by then) or with whoever is carrying this Nokia (or any newer/nicer models that might have come along of course) by that time. It kind of sucks not being really in the market right now but, it's good to see that some nice stuff is apparently in the pipeline so I should have some nifty options to look at when the time comes.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
New render today r IMHO eported here at WPC and on WMPoereuser and many others I suspect. Pictures with Nokia on the phone as well as ATT logo and screen showing 4G IMHO it looks pretty nice although I hope it comes out with the snazzy red colorizationas well as the other Nokia colors.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
What's the big deal about 32G phones? I use to have a 16G iPhone 4 and now using a 8G Focus, and I always had space left over. I know some people have huge playlist, but how much music can you listen to daily?

If you have a lot of games, that 8 GB can get filled up pretty quickly. Now, if you also include wanting to listen to a lot of music, and maybe like to shoot video every once in a while, then you can see how even 16 GB can get dipped up rather quickly.

Also, for avid music listeners, they often want a large portion of their collection available to them so they could listen to whatever they're in the mood for. And many don't like having to resync with Zune on a regular basis just to change songs.

If free WiFi was available everywhere, then it wouldn't be as much of an issue. But that's not the case yet.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
VZW would have made a better exclusive partner. If they had an ad campaign simiar to their "droid" one they would singlehandedly make WP7 a household name. To date, at&t has had the handsets but practically no advertising. Cant believe they have the Titan yet no accompanying ad blitz, just the usual iphone stuff on their site and in their ads.

I agree. At&t had the most wp7 and that didn't really help sales much. If MS really wants wp to take off like android did they need to get verizon on board and give them some high end lte devices that will sway people away from the iphone and android lineup. I know if they would get a real high end wp7 device with lte i would switch from android in a heartbeat and am sure there are many others like myself.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Who says MSFT / Nokia had a choice re:VZW?

I mean, everyone agrees the phones should be as many carriers as possible but the simple fact is that the carriers are in charge of an awful lot. VZW might have said no, just as they said no to the iPhone way back in the day. Neither MSFT or Nokia is in any position to dictate things to US carriers like Apple

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What is that thin strip between the bezel and the screen? I was really hoping the AT&T version would have a similar build and design as the lumina 800.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon