3 new phones coming to SPRINT !!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This will be awesome. Hopefully I can get it for free at my job. I got the galaxy s II so I highly doubt it. I'm the only one who prefers WP at my job (sprint), so I'm hopeful.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I hope they are more on the high end like the focus s or the titan
I know the arrive is a good phone but it is on the low end side.

I always hoped that Nokia would be first with LTE on Sprint with the 900
it would be like back when Sprint anounced WiMAX with the HTC EVO
they sold tons of phone and if Nokia could pull that off to be First with LTE on Sprint

but I doubt they would do that ..
just thinking outloud.
Mark

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
This news jives with the rumor that someone posted about a month or so ago saying he expected at least 1 new slider keyboard phone (LG???) and 2 new candybar WP7's for Sprint. If I could recall the poster, I would give him credit where credit is due.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
This news jives with the rumor that someone posted about a month or so ago saying he expected at least 1 new slider keyboard phone (LG???) and 2 new candybar WP7's for Sprint. If I could recall the poster, I would give him credit where credit is due.
Yes, one LG phone, maybe Nokia Ace, and the third one? :)

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I heard there going to be all high end phones one from Nokia Samsung and HTC, and that sprint would be focusing some of there energy on marketing and what not for wp7 like at&t

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I heard there going to be all high end phones one from Nokia Samsung and HTC, and that sprint would be focusing some of there energy on marketing and what not for wp7 like at&t

That would be so awesome... if True..

I have a friend at Tmobile and I know that MS and Tmobile have a deal in place because he has to carry around a Windows phone now for 3 months and be the go to person for Windows Phones..
now granted he is a big android person and he tells me that windows phone doesnt do anything .. and I said like what ..
he said he could create his own ring tones on android .. I told him you can do that with windows phone but you need to do it wth the zune software..

He just does not want to even try but it is a good sign that he is asking me questions
before he would not want anything to do with it ..

So its good to see MS making deals like this with carriers .. and maybee this could be true for SPRINT as well..

I kind of agree with this aproch for MS because they want to spend alot on advertising but what good is throwing away money if the carriers are not going to even try to sell your phones. ?
so forcing them to have the phones I think will help with letting MS let go of the advertising money knowing that they are getting help on the inside.
Mark

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
If they do not anounce anything at CES on windows phone I will not beleave that SPRINT Will release another windows phone ...
It even looks like Verizon is still giving MS the cold sholder and have shown 0 support for windows phones ..
the carriers really want control of the hardware and software on the phones ..
its their right and I don't think Verizon and Sprint are on board with this ..

mturner7472

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
i understand that the iphone sells MANY more units than wp at the moment ... but it's not like Apple allows much in the way of hardware or software freedom to carriers either, they've also yet to provide LTE support in iOS ... so VZW's cold shoulder to WP is a little hypocrytical if you ask me ...

wouldn't this provide some type of anti-trust angle or something?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hopefully this continues to be true news from today says LTE phones from HTC and Samsung (Radiant and Mendel (Mandel) Samsung) all on ATT.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i understand that the iphone sells MANY more units than wp at the moment ... but it's not like Apple allows much in the way of hardware or software freedom to carriers either, they've also yet to provide LTE support in iOS ... so VZW's cold shoulder to WP is a little hypocrytical if you ask me ...

wouldn't this provide some type of anti-trust angle or something?
Their argument isn't just that it needs 4G, but that in order for it to sell like their android devices, 4G has to at least be on there as a selling point. I'm usually not on Verizon's side, but I understand where they're coming from. The iPhone doesn't need 4G to sell, there are lot of Apple followers and/or sheep that will buy it regardless.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Their argument isn't just that it needs 4G, but that in order for it to sell like their android devices, 4G has to at least be on there as a selling point. I'm usually not on Verizon's side, but I understand where they're coming from. The iPhone doesn't need 4G to sell, there are lot of Apple followers and/or sheep that will buy it regardless.

If this is true than why would Verizon Pass up on the 4g LTE phones that are coming and choose a Nokia 710 with 8meg of ram and 3g ..
now I'm not nocking nokia because I like them but its a cheap phone and its not a anything highend at all.
mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans