Tango Phones

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Tango I believe I could be wrong, but Tango is after Mango which is basically Mango with LTE and other updates alike. Apollo is Windows Phone 8, no longer being Windows 7/7.5.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
An article over at WMPoweruser say that Tango will be announced at CES along with new phones with tango and Apollo will be rolled out in June 2012 Heres the article url Windows Phone Apollo rumoured for a mid-June 2012 launch | WMPoweruser

features in tango include LTE and support for smaller screens . Apollo will include NFC and dual processors larger screens and resolutions.
This is most definitely interesting, what would be more interesting is if it were true.
What's tango?

I thought Apollo comes after mango.
You might want to read up some more on WP7 news. Tango is the update due early 2012 as a "minor" update, much like "NoDo" was in early 2011.
Tango I believe I could be wrong, but Tango is after Mango which is basically Mango with LTE and other updates alike. Apollo is Windows Phone 8, no longer being Windows 7/7.5.
This is correct but incomplete, we don't know much about Tango, much less Apollo other than perhaps it MIGHT be Windows Phone 8.

On a diferent note however, suppose Apollo were to launch that early... That's early enough for adopters of the second wave of Windows Phone (Focus S, TITAN, Radar etc.) to want the update, thing is these devices are really beefed up first gen devices (to an extent, of course they do have the newer chipset) and if they were to be told that they wouldn't be getting Apollo due to kernel reasons or otherwise, with it being Windows Phone 8 that might raise concerns over why this happened... Just as the article stated, it's a very Android-esque release cycle of updates, which could just be something that all new platforms go through, however one key thing that Microsoft must do differently from Google is that it is definitely a good idea to update all devices if not with the exact OS then an update to WP7 that mirrors the WP8 experience. This is a must to avoid apparent fragmentation, when you come down to the nitty gritty, of course it technically IS fragmentation but if the experience is at least mirrored to the point where only people like us fanboys can tell the difference then I think they will have done a good job.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well the June releaase of Apollo would fit in with the release of news that this is the CES that MS will have a booth or do a keynite as the schedule does not fir their release schedules. As far as Apollo I do not think that windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 are going to break connectivity with WP 7 and 7.5 There will be upgrade paths for gen 1 and gen 1.75 or 2.0 phones however you want to look at it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If one of those Bendable waterproof Nokia phones come out for Apollo mid next year on T-mobile I'm switching carrier. I can't stand my carrier right now because I don't have signal at work, the place I need to make most of my daily calls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte