Nokia 800 headed to the USA

Android_Al

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Lumia 800 is coming T Mobile:

"As anticipation for the Lumia 800’s release date grew by the day, Nokia began taking orders via its pre-order site. With Orange, Vodafone, Three, Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4 U all offering the Lumia on monthly contract deals, it wasn’t long before O2 and T-Mobile joined the list of providers and Lumia 800 pre-orders began flooding in."

Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Phone in review | NokNok.tv

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Too late for me. I couldn't hold out for Nokia. If they launched in the US at the same time with the 800 launch back in Nov then I would have a Nokia instead of a TITAN. Oh well, I love my TITAN!

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I think my next phone will be a Blackberry running WP7.5/8. Lol just wait... It'll be announced soon enough.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Lumia 800 is coming T Mobile:

"As anticipation for the Lumia 800’s release date grew by the day, Nokia began taking orders via its pre-order site. With Orange, Vodafone, Three, Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4 U all offering the Lumia on monthly contract deals, it wasn’t long before O2 and T-Mobile joined the list of providers and Lumia 800 pre-orders began flooding in."

Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Phone in review | NokNok.tv

Though that's most probably Lumia 800 in one of the European countries coming for T-Mobile, nothing to do with U.S T-Mobile.

Nokia seems to be aiming for At&t

Nokia Diagnostics app shows hidden LTE menu, hints for At&t flavored LTE Nokia | nokiagadgets.com

It’s no surprise that LTE will soon finds it’s way to Windows Phone as well. Still after the newest firmware update for Lumia 800, Nokia’s Diagnostics app has hidden feature that includes support for LTE tests. Maybe even more revealing is that you have LTE band 4, LTE band 17 as supported and those are the exact At&t bands, LTE band 17 being totally unique to At&t.

This is not specific to Lumia 800 where this was found, but the newest firmware seems to include it. So i guess we can wait to see LTE device from Nokia for at&t soon. Be it 800, 900 or 719.

EDIT: Seems like jfa1 already posted this on the tango thread.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
900 is not vaporware. Trust me.

What I have heard regarding the FCC tear-down on the 800 is as follows -- it may get picked up or it may not get picked up by any of the carriers. If none of the carriers pick it up, then the phone is still subjected to FCC tear-down because non-carrier businesses (i.e. www.mobilecityonline.com ) may still sell the phone so it still needs to pass FCC.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
On AT&T, oh crap they have the worst call quality of any network. T-Mobile is the best.

Perhaps in your area KC but in my area of the world I have no such problems I have been on ATT since the Cingular days and have had good call quality and only an occasional issue of very minor degree I have had many friends with major issues with Sprint Verizon only came in when they bought Alltel and T Mobile is pretty much an internet only option except for Wal Mart they have no brick and mortar stores of their own. I dont expect TMo USA to be around much longerVZN Sprint and ATT only really want thir bandwidth for expansuion ay some point its going to come down to VZN or ATT and the FCC is going to have issues with either one of those and Sprint doesnt have the financial wherewithall to get into the game for the TMO bandwidth Insufficient resources

judelaw99

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 800 is not over the game it is gust beginning like galaxy
Nokia lumia 800 is too old now try Nokia lumia 900 it's just beginning for Nokia and windows mobile OS

Because Nokia lumia 900 is ready to kill Smartphone and apps market
Nokia lumia 900 release in Jan 2012 with so many new features

900-600x434.png

So Windows And Nokia Are In But Who's Going To OUT In Smartphone Market?
;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077