LTE Windows Phones Anyone ? (HTC & Samsung)

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I really don't understand the big deal about LTE, I'm perfectly happy with HSPA+.

It's all about advancement. We want to evolve. LTE is more spectrum efficient and way faster than HSPA+. And if you are coming from CDMA it is a huge step because CDMA is extremely slow.

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
It's all about advancement. We want to evolve. LTE is more spectrum efficient and way faster than HSPA+. And if you are coming from CDMA it is a huge step because CDMA is extremely slow.

I couldn't tell, T-mobile was only beaten by VZ 4G LTE and it wasn't by much. HSPA+ is way more than enough for what people need to do on the internet whether it be streaming,surfing,chat or downloads.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't tell, T-mobile was only beaten by VZ 4G LTE and it wasn't by much. HSPA+ is way more than enough for what people need to do on the internet whether it be streaming,surfing,chat or downloads.

You're thinking in the short term. And the reason T-mobile is so fast because they don't have a lot of customers. If T-mobile was to have AT&T amount of customers with T-mobiles network it would buckle under pressure. LTE has just started and is already something great. Why do you think companies are pursuing it so fast.

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You're thinking in the short term. And the reason T-mobile is so fast because they don't have a lot of customers. If T-mobile was to have AT&T amount of customers with T-mobiles network it would buckle under pressure. LTE has just started and is already something great. Why do you think companies are pursuing it so fast.
well sprint doesn't have as many customers as AT&T and look at their network,small networks are good because you aren't competing for bandwidth ,AT&T still has network congestion issues even where they have already deployed LTE, so give it up. Not like you can actually enjoy LTE anyway because you'll be overcharged if you run your quota.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
well sprint doesn't have as many customers as AT&T and look at their network,small networks are good because you aren't competing for bandwidth ,AT&T still has network congestion issues even where they have already deployed LTE, so give it up. Not like you can actually enjoy LTE anyway because you'll be overcharged if you run your quota.

I have sprint... Sprint 3g is HORRRRRRIBBBBLLLLEE!!! Here a screenshot I just did on my Nexus.

snap20120101200543.png

AT&T network has just rolled out. I think it's only in 20 markets with two devices. Let it grow. And you don't get charged extra for LTE. It's the same price. You're getting raped by these companies regardless. I know people like you. People over at Precentral use to think like you. Now look at them. Their OS is dead. WP7 devices need LTE, or they are going to be left in the dust.

Edit: This is Phonedogs own Aaron Baker iPhone on Sprint and his 3g speeds.

http://twitter.com/#!/PhoneDog_Aaron/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com/ucHdhycO

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have sprint... Sprint 3g is HORRRRRRIBBBBLLLLEE!!! Here a screenshot I just did on my Nexus.

Click to view quoted image

AT&T network has just rolled out. I think it's only in 20 markets with two devices. Let it grow. And you don't get charged extra for LTE. It's the same price. You're getting raped by these companies regardless. I know people like you. People over at Precentral use to think like you. Now look at them. Their OS is dead. WP7 devices need LTE, or they are going to be left in the dust.

Edit: This is Phonedogs own Aaron Baker iPhone on Sprint and his 3g speeds.

Twitter

I know about sprint's 3G speeds, I used to be with them, their wi-max speeds also don't come anywhere close to HSPA(+). I know it doesn't cost extra for LTE but it'll be easier to run the data allowance with it and get overcharged. T-mobile doesn't do this. LTe isn't even available everywhere yet so it's no rush to get devices with it.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I know about sprint's 3G speeds, I used to be with them, their wi-max speeds also don't come anywhere close to HSPA(+). I know it doesn't cost extra for LTE but it'll be easier to run the data allowance with it and get overcharged. T-mobile doesn't do this. LTe isn't even available everywhere yet so it's no rush to get devices with it.

But you said earlier that Sprint network was good... And on a smartphone, you are not likely to run up your bill. Unless you're downloading movies. My friend has a thunderbolt and she never uses her wifi. She only uses LTE and she hasn't went over. The only thing she does though is use Twitter, Facebook, mms, and light browsing.

And this is not about what you want. It's about what's good for the growth of WP7. And LTE is good for it's growth.

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
But you said earlier that Sprint network was good... And on a smartphone, you are not likely to run up your bill. Unless you're downloading movies. My friend has a thunderbolt and she never uses her wifi. She only uses LTE and she hasn't went over. The only thing she does though is use Twitter, Facebook, mms, and light browsing.

And this is not about what you want. It's about what's good for the growth of WP7. And LTE is good for it's growth.

I didn't say sprint network was good unless you misunderstood my post. Yea web browsing is unlikely to put anyone over but if you're going to be tethering and watching Netflix (which they advertise) you will go over, and what happens then? overages!until this stops then LTE won't be any better than HSPA.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say sprint network was good unless you misunderstood my post. Yea web browsing is unlikely to put anyone over but if you're going to be tethering and watching Netflix (which they advertise) you will go over, and what happens then? overages!until this stops then LTE won't be any better than HSPA.

They would go over on HSPA on Netflix to. Remember Verizon and Sprint doesn't have HSPA. They have CDMA. LTE is huge for those companies. It frees up spectrum for their 3g network while providing fast speeds to their customers.

The point is LTE is here for Verizon and approaching fast for the Sprint and AT&T. If Microsoft doesn't get on the ball WP7 will be left in the dust.

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
They would go over on HSPA on Netflix to. Remember Verizon and Sprint doesn't have HSPA. They have CDMA. LTE is huge for those companies. It frees up spectrum for their 3g network while providing fast speeds to their customers.

The point is LTE is here for Verizon and approaching fast for the Sprint and AT&T. If Microsoft doesn't get on the ball WP7 will be left in the dust.
I know they don't have HSPA,stop speaking to me like I'm in LD or something. I also know that they'll go over on HSPA, but they won't be overcharged at least not with T-mobile
Sprint just recently rolled out their first and only LTE tower in Carbondale IL

there you go, just made a correction for u.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I know they don't have HSPA,stop speaking to me like I'm in LD or something. I also know that they'll go over on HSPA, but they won't be overcharged at least not with T-mobile

there you go, just made a correction for u.

I'm saying that because you keep bringing up how fast HSPA is on the smallest national carrier. I'm stressing CDMA because that's what most of the nation uses. And to CDMA, LTE is a big advancement. And that's the market Microsoft can't seem to do well in (compared to their HSPA variants).

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm saying that because you keep bringing up how fast HSPA is on the smallest national carrier. I'm stressing CDMA because that's what most of the nation uses. And to CDMA, LTE is a big advancement. And that's the market Microsoft can't seem to do well in (compared to their HSPA variants).

T-mobile is not the smallest national carrier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb