LTE Windows Phones Anyone ? (HTC & Samsung)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that it will be available pre-Tango. I can't wait to see the new phones. But if it's the same old slab design from Samsung and HTC, I'll be getting the Nokia Lumia 900. Nokia seems to be the only one who really cares about design, besides apple.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well if they are all on ATT it means that ATT has the cash and reserves to funnel to HTC Nokia and Samsung to get the top tier phones and Sprint and Tmo cant handle the financial load. Only VZN can compete and they had better start soon to get onto the WP LTE trian or it will very apparent that they are too deeply entwined in Android and Iphone to get out. Hopefully they will jump onboard as they are neededalong with all carriers to push sales and the ecosystem forward through 2012 and beyond.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Interesting that it will be available pre-Tango. I can't wait to see the new phones. But if it's the same old slab design from Samsung and HTC, I'll be getting the Nokia Lumia 900. Nokia seems to be the only one who really cares about design, besides apple.

Its not tango and it probably more than mango maybe its the LTE radios and some software drivers and other add ons In any event as long as its LTE is a push on down the road for WP. I am looking forward to seeing the designs and hope for at least some subtle changes from HTC and samsung but I like the basic slab configuration I no longer care about physical kb's and if a device that I like has oe I would buy the device but not for the kb and only use the on screen kb.n

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the software keyboard on WP7/iOS made me ditch my physical keyboard phone only, train of thought. I don't expect to see anything new in the design department from HTC. I like the slab config, but I'd like to see something updated. Nokia knocked it out the park with the Nokia Lumia 800.
Its not tango and it probably more than mango maybe its the LTE radios and some software drivers and other add ons In any event as long as its LTE is a push on down the road for WP. I am looking forward to seeing the designs and hope for at least some subtle changes from HTC and samsung but I like the basic slab configuration I no longer care about physical kb's and if a device that I like has oe I would buy the device but not for the kb and only use the on screen kb.n

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Interesting read from Thurrott. All AT&T? My wife has had an upgrade ready for a while now and I've convinced her to wait and see what Verizon is getting early next year. Allegedly they've been waiting for WP to support LTE.

Now that the LTE phones are coming out there are no more excuses left for Verizon. I like my Trophy, but it's clear they just don't care about WP, especially now that the rumors of the Lumia 900 coming to Verizon look to be false. I'll be hard pressed to stick with Verizon for my next phone unless they've really been hiding a big surprise.

chrome14

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung Mandel will supposedly have a screen larger than the Focus S' 4.3" screen.

If it's anywhere close to the Titan's 4.7", I wonder how many Titan owners here who are considering upgrading to an LTE model, will choose the Mandel over the HTC Radiant given how many issues the Titan has and HTC's reputation for flaky phones.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, the software keyboard on WP7/iOS made me ditch my physical keyboard phone only, train of thought. I don't expect to see anything new in the design department from HTC. I like the slab config, but I'd like to see something updated. Nokia knocked it out the park with the Nokia Lumia 800.

Hopefully the 900 will be another hit out of the park. I like that red color on the latest render! I hope that comes out the chute first!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Cool. Sounds like LTE will be a common place option by the time I get my next phone (likes WP8).

I know that AT&T does have issues with having enough spectrum bandwidth to do the transition as smoothly as they'd like. There is only so much spectrum, and they have to get a feel for how many customers are adoption LTE as they deploy it. Because in order to deploy it, they will have to take out some spectrum from elsewhere. (Maybe phase out Edge?)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess that's good that AT&T is getting LTE phones, but I don't see the big deal since very few areas have AT&T LTE. Why can't Verizon get an LTE WP since their LTE is reasonably widespread? My next phone will be on Verizon and it will be LTE. Hopefully it can be a WP. I won't be able to upgrade until November, so I'll be waiting to see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo