LTE Windows Phones Anyone ? (HTC & Samsung)

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
ok who cares? At least I'm not paying out of my @ss every monty for the same service quality pretty much.

You really are clueless. If tmo had such great coverage why aren't people switching in huge numbers? or switching in general? I was just correcting you since you said that tmo is not the smallest which they are. damn people can't even remember what they post smh

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Lets just try to be more civil in 2012 please and try to work together to spread the word about WP on all carriers and help MS improve things!

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You really are clueless. If tmo had such great coverage why aren't people switching in huge numbers? or switching in general? I was just correcting you since you said that tmo is not the smallest which they are. damn people can't even remember what they post smh

I saw what I posted and then I said who cares if it's small or not,I get great service ,better than what i had when i was with sprint. I don't have as many dead zones or brown zones that AT&T and sprint have. I am paying MUCH LESSper month for these services. Tmo has actually gained more customers in the last quarter.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I saw what I posted and then I said who cares if it's small or not,I get great service ,better than what i had when i was with sprint. I don't have as many dead zones or brown zones that AT&T and sprint have. I am paying MUCH LESSper month for these services. Tmo has actually gained more customers in the last quarter.

Well sprint and at&t aren't the best networks and it is good you get great service. I would be with tmo but in my area their coverage is pretty bad plus I get a discount through my work with verizon.

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Well sprint and at&t aren't the best networks and it is good you get great service. I would be with tmo but in my area their coverage is pretty bad plus I get a discount through my work with verizon.

Tmo coverage is equal with AT&T now that the merger failed and they will expand even because they got some spectrum and money as well. I'll continue to enjoy my $60 a month savings with no overages.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Tmo coverage is equal with AT&T now that the merger failed and they will expand even because they got some spectrum and money as well. I'll continue to enjoy my $60 a month savings with no overages.

Idk about them expanding. DT already said they want out of the US market so most likely will not put the money they got into tmo but rather use it towards their other networks.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
T-Mo wants out of the market. They have limited spectrum and have nothing to leverage in order to grow. The amount of $ they're getting from at&t won't be able to get them more spectrum. Just more towers. But who knows if they'll build those towers when they want out of the market?

Though they may work out some roaming deal with at&t that lets them share their network spectrum. It would benefit both. In the most ideal situation, this would let T-Mo convert the majority of their spectrum to LTE, easing the transition for both companies.

Oh... and some people in this thread really need to tone it down. It sounds childish.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
T-Mo wants out of the market. They have limited spectrum and have nothing to leverage in order to grow. The amount of $ they're getting from at&t won't be able to get them more spectrum. Just more towers. But who knows if they'll build those towers when they want out of the market?

Though they may work out some roaming deal with at&t that lets them share their network spectrum. It would benefit both. In the most ideal situation, this would let T-Mo convert the majority of their spectrum to LTE, easing the transition for both companies.

Oh... and some people in this thread really need to tone it down. It sounds childish.

They got spectrum from at&t along with the money when the deal did not go through....

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
They got spectrum from at&t along with the money when the deal did not go through....

Not enough by itself. They need to swing some sort of deal with a big player if they hope to stay in business.

They likely will do so with AT&T. Probably what they should have done in the first place. But DT was looking for a way out of the business, so they tries selling themselves first.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The bottom line is TMo got 4B out of the aborted deal. In the grand scheme of things its not a very significant amount of money It does buy them some time. But DT has wanted out for a really long time and despite whatever anyone says the only real asset TMo has is their bandwidth Thats what the real prize is its not the customerbase its not their cell phone devices on the network its the bandwidth

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Except verizon really started the ball rolling for android with the original motorola droid and things took off from there. I think if the OEM's would continue offering more high end options like the titan,focus s/flash, to help with sales and maybe do what samsung was doing with the galaxy line and having 1 model on all of the carriers that would help sales, especially with nokia getting on board. Offer a high end "flagship phone" for the carriers to sell and let it go from there.

You are somewhat right that Android did take off after Verizon released their Droid, but they didn't even have it before noticing how well it was doing on T-Mobile. Verizon also needed a device to compete with AT&T's iPhone exclusivity. Now, we are in a different environment. Verizon is doing really well with Android they may not really see the point in WP7 until perhaps Apollo comes around or once they see more people going for Windows Phones.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Good news on the front page now lets stop the ignorant predictions.

Unofficial T-Mobile News, Videos, Articles and more

T-Mobile will probably be bought out by somebody. I don't think that's an ignorant prediction because T-Mobile doesn't really have too much going for them and DT has a "I want to get rid of you" attitude towards them. I mean T-Mobile did win in this AT&T deal, but don't count AT&T or another company out of the equation yet. All it is going to take is a political change in 2012 and AT&T may start reacquiring the company or perhaps Dish Network would seriously consider buying them. Heck, you can't even count out Amazon from wanting to buy T-Mobile considering they have really increased their presence in the mobile industry in a short amount of time. Amazon was actually considering buying out RIM, so I wouldn't think it would be too farfetched to think they would buyout T-Mobile. I would probably switch to them if they did too. It would be like the Walmart of the mobile phone carriers: cheap prices for devices and plans. And there were talks about Amazon producing their own phone. So yeah, I think that statement was like everyone else has said, just making it seem like they are doing well. I mean it wouldn't make very good business sense to tell your customers you aren't doing well. They want to hear that you are going to be stable, or else they would lose their customers.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So now it's not a credible source? SMH

Shake your head all you want sheep. You act like they would say yes we are doing terrible but don't leave because maybe just maybe this year will be different than the past 6 years. Damn dude are you really that clueless?

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You are somewhat right that Android did take off after Verizon released their Droid, but they didn't even have it before noticing how well it was doing on T-Mobile. Verizon also needed a device to compete with AT&T's iPhone exclusivity. Now, we are in a different environment. Verizon is doing really well with Android they may not really see the point in WP7 until perhaps Apollo comes around or once they see more people going for Windows Phones.

I agree but verizon made it more main stream which I could see them doing with wp7 if they got on board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium