Pocketnow confirms Nokia 900 specs...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at it, and more and more I'm thinking, "Is this the top of the line". I love the design, but It's not impressing me as much as it initially did.
It's a top of the line phone, but I am going to hold out until they stick another 12MP camera into one like they did on my N8. :cool:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm not digging for some reason. Maybe is the AT&T branding since the chances of me affording AT&T are none and zero.

The latest is that the 900 may have a pentaband or more radio with both ATT and TMNo so you can use it on either carrier If so ITS ABOUT TIME!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
That's some dedication duvi!

I don't think I'll quite go that far. I have two lines coming up for renewal at the end of the year. So I think I can get by with my Titan until then. But I can definitely see why someone would go through extreme measures to get the Nokia 9xx. It definitely appears to be one sweet device.
No trouble at all... hah.

I've always loved Nokia devices and I really wasn't gonna wait for a good one to hit AT&T (as I had the iPhone 4S I was bored of) and got the Titan which I swapped to get the Focus S for.

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
i wanted the 900 so bad... then i found out from at&t they dont plan on lte in my area till the end of 2013. today i got a focus flash for a dollar.
UNDER CONTRACT, 1st time ive had a contract since 07

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am waiting for the 900 as well as the Radiant and Mendel to come in late March. At least I hope and I can keep my hands off the trigger. I hope that HTC and Samsung as well as Nokia show off their LTE phones at CES.and/or MWC. I know LTE wont be here until late 2012 at the earliest but any of these phones wioll be in HSPA+ until then and that will be okay by me.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
hahaha alright. I am already using lte on my nexus;)

Two things:
1. Michael-Dallas has a proven track record of having solid information from first hand experience about ATT windows phones. He has probably had extensive hands on with this phone.
2. WP in general has better battery life than Android, I would assume it would carry over to the LTE variants. LTE wp will have better battery than LTE Android. How much better is yet to be seen.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Two things:
1. Michael-Dallas has a proven track record of having solid information from first hand experience about ATT windows phones. He has probably had extensive hands on with this phone.
2. WP in general has better battery life than Android, I would assume it would carry over to the LTE variants. LTE wp will have better battery than LTE Android. How much better is yet to be seen.

the only reason wp may have better battery life with lte on verizon would be due to it coming later and having second gen lte chips. LTE is a battery drainer on every phone at&t or verizon it just is that way. Hopefully the newer processors and newer lte chips will help with battery life on these devices.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
the only reason wp may have better battery life with lte on verizon would be due to it coming later and having second gen lte chips. LTE is a battery drainer on every phone at&t or verizon it just is that way. Hopefully the newer processors and newer lte chips will help with battery life on these devices.

I'm not saying it will have spectacular battery life, just better than an LTE Android. If the OS and its processes are draining less from the battery (which is clearly the case in WP vs. Android), that leaves more battery power for the LTE chip to eat. If the 900 were to have the exact same size battery as the Galaxy Nexus, I think the 900 would last longer on a charge. My Titan lasted longer on a charge than my MyTouch 4G did when it was brand new and the Titan had a larger screen and a faster processor. I see no reason the addition of LTE would change that ratio. Will it last as long as a non LTE version of the same phone, obviously not, just longer than an LTE Android, and possibly longer than some of the non-LTE Androids.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm slightly disappointed it isn't a unique design. It's the N9 again, but beefed up this time.

Nokia have a great record for design, so for their first top of the range WP handset it's a shame they've used a design we all already know that itself was the design of a handset from another OS first.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

LTE itself isn't really that much of a battery drainer. The problem with Verizon's LTE phones is that they need to keep their CDMA antenna on all the time also. So basically, you have two antenna on all the time.

And searching for networks and maintaining a network connection is a big battery drain. It's probably one of the biggest battery drains on the phone. Even more than the screen. If you double that because you use two antenna... well... you can see why battery life sucks.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm slightly disappointed it isn't a unique design. It's the N9 again, but beefed up this time.

Nokia have a great record for design, so for their first top of the range WP handset it's a shame they've used a design we all already know that itself was the design of a handset from another OS first.

Judging by what comments we've heard from Nokia talking about how everything changes with Apollo, I think the 900 might just be a stop gap. It's something that they were able to put out of good quality in a short amount of time because they didn't have to go through a whole custom design process.

I imagine their new designs are coming with the Apollo handsets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte