Nokia Ace 900 confimed $100 million dollar advertiding campaign Hero Status

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I could believe that AT&T is rooting for WP. Mainly because they don't have iPhone exclusivity anymore. They are likely looking for the next big thing that will differentiate them from other carriers.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I could believe that AT&T is rooting for WP. Mainly because they don't have iPhone exclusivity anymore. They are likely looking for the next big thing that will differentiate them from other carriers.

They need something to try and keep customers or get customers to switch.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This is great news for Windows Phone I cant wait to see how they spent there money. Looks like WPCentral had this story a full day before the other guy. :p

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
There are reports elsewhere that the caampaign and rollout will have a price tag of double 200m dollars

Paul Thurrott said:
According to the internal Microsoft documentation I've viewed, the total cost of this marketing tsunami is in the neighborhood of $200 million, not $100 million. And again, that's just for the United States. And on AT&T at least, Nokia is outspending Microsoft 2-to-1.
http://www.winsupersite.com/article...ias-plans-marketing-windows-phone-2012-141784

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So, let's say that $100 million is allocated for Microsoft's spending. What if MS just picked 10 good game studios and paid them $1 million each to create killer exclusive games for WP? Like Bungie, Epic, Bioware, Robot Ent, etc... That's a pretty insanely high price tag for a mobile game isn't it? But imagine how cool it would be.

Then spent the other $90 million marketing that. And since it's considered a marketing expense, maybe those games could end up being free with the purchase of a Nokia Windows Phone.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hero status, even more than the advertising, is what WP needs to gain status. Hero status means cash incentive for carrier reps who actually sell the device. Since reps, like everybody else, like making more money, this will motivate them to educate themselves about, and push the device. This will lead to working demo models in stores and reps who don't bow down to the almighty android.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
there are working demo phones of all the ATT windows phones in 2nd generation in the Ft Smith AR ATT store not even stuck in the back corner the focus flash is right next to the skyrocket and vivid!

L

lumic

Does Hero status mean a separate booth and recommendations like the iPhone gets?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa