Is it just me or is there really nothing good being rumored on verizon

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I really want a new phone like the nokia lumia 900 but it seems verizon has a huge stick up it's (Please don't try to beet the curse filter its there for a reason) about any new top of the line wp7.5 phones or any phone for that matter that isn't a android phone or the iphone. I just want something to replace my broken screen trophy but it looks like I just might have to settle with fixing the screen. I just want a 2nd gen phone that isn't low end. Is it to much trouble to give us a choice? AT&T seems to be the knight in shining armor for wp7.5 and I just can't see going to AT&T for just a phone when their coverage sucks in my area. I wouldn't even mind that lg fantasy. Just anything new is all I am asking for and now I don't want the nokia lumia 710. I want something with a ffc. I'm just so sick of AT&T getting everything. I'm not even looking forward to CES anymore cause I have the feeling I'll just be disappointed that nothing good is coming to verizon.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The only thing rumored is the 710 (which you seem to be aware of). I agree that this is total bullocks. We went from having the LTE and then the 900 rumored for Verizon to the LTE-less, FFC-less 710, which is going to be on T-Mob for three months before it even goes to Verizon. T-Mob, for crying out loud! They almost exclusively carry mid-range devices (which makes sense, since their prices are cheaper than AT&T). I would understand Sprint getting the 710, too, but Verizon should be getting lots of top-tier phones.

Still, though, these are just rumors. I won't lose all hope until CES is over (just like I didn't lose all hope until Elop announced that we wouldn't see Nokia in the US until this year at Nokia World--yes, I was streaming it that late at night, lol).

<complaint> It just stinks because the vast, vast majority of people where I live are on Verizon. I feel like can't be the best advocate for WP when the hardware on Verizon is so subpar. </complaint>

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
maybe they are getting the 719 with LTE radio just like the WPC article that the 900 has post mango pre Tango rom with LTE radio maybe VZN's 710 (or 719) will have the LTE radio as well.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
maybe they are getting the 719 with LTE radio just like the WPC article that the 900 has post mango pre Tango rom with LTE radio maybe VZN's 710 (or 719) will have the LTE radio as well.

Nobody knows if that is even a phone or just a typo. Guess we will see what is unveiled at CES next week.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
There's a new phone being manufactured by Microsoft exclusively on Verizon. 5" screen that folds up to the size of a credit card. It also has an HD projector built in. A 2 Ghz processor powers this bad boy. Amazingly, the battery life under heavy usage is said to be about 2 months before a recharge is needed.

There you have it. A good rumor for Verizon!

:p

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
There's a new phone being manufactured by Microsoft exclusively on Verizon. 5" screen that folds up to the size of a credit card. It also has an HD projector built in. A 2 Ghz processor powers this bad boy. Amazingly, the battery life under heavy usage is said to be about 2 months before a recharge is needed.

Verizon would turn down the phone. AT&T would take it and Verizon would re-introduce WM6.5 to shut the Windows people up. LMAO:D

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Verizon does not care enough about wp7 so to them passing on a high end phone is no big deal.
Unfortunately, they won't start caring till they start to lose market share. And that will eventually happen.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, they won't start caring till they start to lose market share. And that will eventually happen.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Idk about that.Unless something drastic happens with the market, they still have one of the best coverage networks and have the big phones that gain customers, iPhone and androids. Until wp tales off they won't lose much over not carrying high end wp phones.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope Verizon gets a high end WP, but no matter what I'm sticking with them. I'm interested in a top Nokia device, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
As long as you don't hold your breathe, Verizon already set the tone when they demanded that they get phones with LTE capabilities, just before there LTE crashed in December and 2 times after that.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I started reading this and saw 5 inch screen and was like :O. I was starting to say "YES! I AM SO JEALOUS!" then I read the rest of the comment and was like :( but still :) that there wasn't something for Verizon that was better than what was on AT&T.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I waited over 6 months after my contract ended to see what Verizon would offer after the Trophy. I finally gave up and bought a BlackBerry, even though it's a sinking ship itself. I hope that when my contract is up in two years, I will have some WP8 phones to choose from at Verizon.

That said, I still have my doubts about that unless WP7's market share increases and forces Verizon to offer them.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I waited over 6 months after my contract ended to see what Verizon would offer after the Trophy. I finally gave up and bought a BlackBerry, even though it's a sinking ship itself. I hope that when my contract is up in two years, I will have some WP8 phones to choose from at Verizon.

That said, I still have my doubts about that unless WP7's market share increases and forces Verizon to offer them.

A blackberry? lol

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I really hope they announce something either at CES or MWC. I love WP7, but I also love being on the cutting edge. I want a FFC that I can use once and never think about again, but can still show off to people. Lol.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I really hope they announce something either at CES or MWC. I love WP7, but I also love being on the cutting edge. I want a FFC that I can use once and never think about again, but can still show off to people. Lol.

I think if they really want to integrate skype then a ffc is a must. I mean what is the point of video calling if your phone cannot do it. Does not make sense to me to have that feature yet not be able to use it on most phones.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

It will be released unannounced on April 21, 2012. Unless the release date is pushed back to December 22, 2012.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It will be released unannounced on April 21, 2012. Unless the release date is pushed back to December 22, 2012.

I think it would be slated for april 1st, but they would have it as an april fools joke and say it was all made up from the start lol.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I will day three things here...

First it's clear vzw despises Microsoft and I'm not sure why they just don't come out and say it. They say no windows phone unless its lte then they pass on the 900.

Second I would not pass judgment on AT&T network coverage unless you've used it recently. Here in what used to be horrible coverage its vastly improved . All I'm saying is you might try it first if you have then ok.

Lastly I can assure you that Verizon is losing customers due to their lack of support of wp7. The best example I can give you is that most corporations will not allow android malwared devices to connect to the corporate data. So that leaves blackberry, ios and wp7. In my case the majority of folks select wp7 which means switching to

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)