01-31-2012 11:33 AM
41 12
tools
    I'd rather have Nokia strike an exclusive with AT&T which means its reps will portray the device in a positive light and try to sell it as opposed to having all four major carriers carrying it and telling everyone not to buy it.
    theefman likes this.
    01-10-2012 05:22 AM
    The iPhone wasn't that way for a LONG time. The Nexus is only on Verizon right now, then heading to Sprint. No tmobile and AT&T for the time being. I think the exclusive deal is bull****, but carriers do it to get customers to switch.
    just saying, the iphones on all three carriers, the galaxy nexus will be on them all soon. i think consumers would eat these things up! i know if they bring it to sprint im getting one asap.
    01-10-2012 09:52 AM
    I don't thing you guys understand.

Nokia DID made the Lumia 900 prototype for Verizon.

Verizon said **** no, it's not going to carry the Lumia 900.

At this point there's nothing Nokia can do.
    01-10-2012 11:37 AM
    The iPhone wasn't that way for a LONG time. The Nexus is only on Verizon right now, then heading to Sprint. No tmobile and AT&T for the time being. I think the exclusive deal is bull****, but carriers do it to get customers to switch.
    the at&t nexus already passed through the fcc so it will most likely come to at&t in the coming months, most likely around the same time at&t gets the 900.
    01-10-2012 12:31 PM
    I don't thing you guys understand.

Nokia DID made the Lumia 900 prototype for Verizon.

Verizon said **** no, it's not going to carry the Lumia 900.

At this point there's nothing Nokia can do.
    Proof or it didn't happen. Going by what some "analyst" said you can not put to much faith in. Until verizon comes out and says it it is all rumor.
    01-10-2012 12:31 PM
    Proof or it didn't happen. Going by what some "analyst" said you can not put to much faith in. Until verizon comes out and says it it is all rumor.
    I quote CNET and that's as official as it gets.

I have some real doubt that Verizon will come and officially declare that it rejected the Lumia 900.
    Last edited by illegaloperation; 01-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    01-10-2012 01:37 PM
    Really! My friend has one and he loves it. ****, I'm going to need a loan from Bill Gates to keep up with all these new toys! :)
    the at&t nexus already passed through the fcc so it will most likely come to at&t in the coming months, most likely around the same time at&t gets the 900.
    01-10-2012 01:58 PM
    Really! My friend has one and he loves it. ****, I'm going to need a loan from Bill Gates to keep up with all these new toys! :)
    Yeah the nexus is really nice. The first android phone that doesn't seem to have the stutter and lag and bogged down by a skin other android phones have.
    01-10-2012 02:09 PM
    The latest from BGR is that the 900 is released on 3/18/ 2012 and the price w 2 yr contract is going to be $99.00. Dont know who their source but I hopoe its all true If so ATT will have hopefully ordered a few train loads at it should sell like hotcakes!! or better! I hope they have a pre order site up and running soon Demand I think will be very very very heavy!
    01-25-2012 01:11 PM
    I dont know why PPL have this same conversation over and OVER !

ITS NOT UP TO MS OR NOKIA TO GET IT ON ALL CARRIERS ! Its UP TO THE CARRIERS ! Of course MS and Nokia want it on all carriers ! They sell phones to carriers ! Thus!

By all rumor Nokia pitched the 900 to VZW and VZW said no. So dont blame MS or Nokia and no they cant force them either...

Go complain to VZW or Sprint.. You can bet it was intentional that VZW selected mid tier hardware for the one WP7 device they offer.. They dont like MS. So.. if your on VZW get a jesusphone a droid or 18 month old trophy just sayn.
    01-25-2012 04:38 PM
    Well yeah. 4g is becoming the standard now.

Verizon and Sprint only have 1 Windows phone each and both are 3g phones. So they're easily overshadowed by the 4g Android phones.

T-Mobile is only selling the Radar (in white...yuck) and 710 (fugly design) now. Both are 4g but they're no HTC Titan, Lumia 900 or Focus S. ATT is the only carrier getting the top of the line Windows phones so its no wonder Windows phones aren't selling much in the U.S.
    01-26-2012 10:24 AM
    Nokia and MS could persuade sprint and version easily if they wanted to. I mean the evidence that windows phone are the highest rated phones on the market by consumers. People buy these phones and love them. People from sprint and version just need a better choice and the 900 is definitely it.
    Te number of people rating them is minuscule compared to the iPhone and top android phones, which outsell windows phone device models. The carriers know that. They aren't stupid.

They care about volume of sales, not ratings with a comparatively minuscule sample pool.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    01-26-2012 03:05 PM
    Palm tried to launch with sprint, and the Pre was Sprints biggest launch up to that date and the OS still failed. Sprint learned from that and now they stick with affordable, proven platforms.
    The OS didn't fail, the hardware failed. Palm failed to provide hardware specs that meet the desire of the community, i.e. a large screen. If Palm/HP had stayed with a "Treo-like" design, we wouldn't have seen the untimely death of webOS.
    01-26-2012 03:16 PM
    whatever yous guys act like MS one of the most profitable companies in the world ever couldn't persuade these other carriers? bull. im 19 and there one thing ive caught on to in this planet and its "money talks"

theres no reason why tmobile or even sprint couldnt carry this device
    01-26-2012 03:32 PM
    whatever yous guys act like MS one of the most profitable companies in the world ever couldn't persuade these other carriers? bull. im 19 and there one thing ive caught on to in this planet and its "money talks"

theres no reason why tmobile or even sprint couldnt carry this device
    Looking at the announcements from VZW and Sprint they just don't care. They're content with Android and iOS and don't want to bother with yet another phone that might not sell in mass quantities. Maybe they're waiting for the 900 to sell like crazy so they can then carry something similar at the end of the year for those willing to wait... but I'll tell you this much, with even the Arrive being $199 with contract at Sprint you won't find a 900 anywhere near the introductory $99 price at ATT.

I've had Sprint for about 9 years now and come March, I'm gone. Yeah, they have unlimited data but it's so slow you can't even stream music from Zune over EVDO without it cutting out every 5-10 seconds and roaming on the Verizon network is even worse than that. Unlimited data means nothing when you can only manage 250MB/month.

Also, Sprint just dumped A LOT of money into the iPhone so I've doubted since then that they would have a big push for anything else in the near future.
    01-31-2012 11:11 AM
    01-31-2012 11:33 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD