Lumia 900

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Until Elop says "Here is the Lumia 900" nothing is 100% IMO

Also, does anyone else think that it not being announced at AT&T's conference, only hinted at, may mean that AT&T doesn't have exclusivity?

bropes8

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Until Elop says "Here is the Lumia 900" nothing is 100% IMO

Also, does anyone else think that it not being announced at AT&T's conference, only hinted at, may mean that AT&T doesn't have exclusivity?
I sure hope so! I'm sick of drooling over all of the phones that AT&T is getting while I'm stuck with VZW.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It may also simply mean that AT&T is not ready to launch the phone.

I hope thats not the case! I hope it comes out soon! I think the most likely possibility is that Nokia has nothing bigger than the 900 to announce and wanted their own press conference to show they are serious about the USA, so AT&T is letting them announce it there.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the AT&T 900 will be the only US Nokia phone announced/talked about today. Even if nothing else is announced, I'm sure Nokia will still talk about the 710 and the apps that are exclusive to Nokia products. The Nokia conference will be the best place to announce the 900 because they will be able to talk about the entire product, not just a quick rundown of specs and prices.

DroBoy

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Dam its going to ATT no T-mobile, and Nokia is ****ing up by not trying to have all carriers carry it..I hope Nokia fails

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Dam its going to ATT no T-mobile, and Nokia is ****ing up by not trying to have all carriers carry it..I hope Nokia fails

I seriously doubt not putting a high end phone on T-Mobile will harm Nokia. TMo is hemorrhaging high paying customers and is focusing on unsubsidized phone sales and prepaid plans. There is a reason they put the 900 on AT&T and the 710 on T-Mobile. HTC and Samsung are the only manufacturers releasing quality, high end hardware on tmo, and that is only for Android.

DroBoy

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I seriously doubt not putting a high end phone on T-Mobile will harm Nokia. TMo is hemorrhaging high paying customers and is focusing on unsubsidized phone sales and prepaid plans. There is a reason they put the 900 on AT&T and the 710 on T-Mobile. HTC and Samsung are the only manufacturers releasing quality, high end hardware on tmo, and that is only for Android.

And it goes to show that since T-mo is carrying high end android devices, customers are willing to pay for it. Nokia shouldn't just have an exclusive deal with one carrier in the U.S, they wont make it a come back by just having one carrier sell a high end device on one carrier. All high-end android devices now a days are 4.3, look at VZW lineup of LTE majority are 4.3..It goes to show that most people prefer 4.0+ phones..I was so hoping that the 900 would come to T-mobile and since my HD7 is on its last legs I will most likely switch to GS2 or Galaxy Nexus, since I spoiled myself with a 4.3 screen cant see myself enjoying anything less than that..

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

I have a feeling this was a decision that was more about AT&T than Nokia. If AT&T said, "We'll carry it, but it has to be exclusive. And in return, we'll make it a Hero phone." What is Nokia supposed to say? "No. We want to put it on T-Mobile."? lol

DroBoy

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling this was a decision that was more about AT&T than Nokia. If AT&T said, "We'll carry it, but it has to be exclusive. And in return, we'll make it a Hero phone." What is Nokia supposed to say? "No. We want to put it on T-Mobile."? lol

Your prob right, I wish they would pass laws that make it illegal for carries to have exclusive phones at max 1-2 months...In Europe almost every carrier carries the same phone..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro