Bring Windows Phone 7 Smartphones to Verizon Wireless!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I posted this on FB, Twitter and all the major WP sites including the Verizon forums, including this one but the Sprint one got a scoop before my petition (what up wpcentral? :p). We need to put this front and center of the major blogs and forums!

We need all your help to put this out there! This petition will go only as far as the users let the powers that be know what we want.
Did you try submitting it as a tip on the front page? They might put it up there if you ask nicely :)

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you try submitting it as a tip on the front page? They might put it up there if you ask nicely :)

I did! Pretty please with a cherry on top too!

Well an update as of 1/18/2012, this petition was forwarded to the leadership team at VZW.

Thanks for those that signed up! Hopefully we get some feedback!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I did! Pretty please with a cherry on top too!

Well an update as of 1/18/2012, this petition was forwarded to the leadership team at VZW.

Thanks for those that signed up! Hopefully we get some feedback!
Again, I don't mean to be negative, but how do you know it will make it past any of the leadership team's email filters or personal assistants that read mail for them? There's still less than 1000 signatures on the petition. What can we do to make it have the kind of weight needed to make it noticable?

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Again, I don't mean to be negative, but how do you know it will make it past any of the leadership team's email filters or personal assistants that read mail for them? There's still less than 1000 signatures on the petition. What can we do to make it have the kind of weight needed to make it noticable?

how do you know it won't make it through those? And 1000 signatures is better than nothing and that's 1000 more possible contracts Verizon could get/lose if they do not carry more wp...

Last edited:

xmind

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I fully support this movement to get VZW to carry WP7 devices, but I agree with Jleebiker that 1000 signatures, even if they all did equal a new contract, are a drop in the hat and in no way justify supporting a whole new OS in any depth. It'll come, but it's going to be slow, long process IMO.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I fully support this movement to get VZW to carry WP7 devices, but I agree with Jleebiker that 1000 signatures, even if they all did equal a new contract, are a drop in the hat and in no way justify supporting a whole new OS in any depth. It'll come, but it's going to be slow, long process IMO.

Just look at it this way, It can't hurt, the worst that happens is they stay on the current track they are on with wp and do not get behind it. Maybe something good will happen and at least one higher end option will be offered.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Someone from Executive Verizon Wireless offices called today and wanted to talked to me. I assume they looked me up and we chatted for alittle bit and I told her of our grievances about the status of Windows Phones on the Big Red's network. I told her about the lack of marketing and she honestly said they want phones that sell. She noted all my points (it was recorded) and she said she was going to bring it to the leadership team. Where this goes is anyone's guess but we got their attention. Thanks again for all the signatures and forward momentum. We must continue to fight to be the 98.6% and not the 1.4%!

Cheers.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Someone from Executive Verizon Wireless offices called today and wanted to talked to me. I assume they looked me up and we chatted for alittle bit and I told her of our grievances about the status of Windows Phones on the Big Red's network. I told her about the lack of marketing and she honestly said they want phones that sell. She noted all my points (it was recorded) and she said she was going to bring it to the leadership team. Where this goes is anyone's guess but we got their attention. Thanks again for all the signatures and forward momentum. We must continue to fight to be the 98.6% and not the 1.4%!

Cheers.
Sweet HALAJEUJA!!!! Maybe we CAN turn this ship around! Thanks for doing the petition. Now we need to keep getting the word out!!! Thanks again!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Nice job!

I'm still not all that confident that anything will happen all that soon. But I do think that they'll see "phones that sell" when the Lumia 900 comes out for AT&T.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Nice job!

I'm still not all that confident that anything will happen all that soon. But I do think that they'll see "phones that sell" when the Lumia 900 comes out for AT&T.

Well they made an effort and called the OP so that has to mean something. Hopefully the 900 sells well on at&t and only time will tell how that turns out and how the other carriers will respond pretty much hangs on at&t selling lots of 900's.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Verizon needs to give Windows Phone more of a try. It isn't the Kin... The platform isn't going away. Microsoft has too much invested for the OS to fail.

LexusFman

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
VZW might be monitoring this thread (hopefuly). We want WP7 on Verizon! They have the best coverage in my area. That is what makes a cellular network great. Its such a shame the WP7 selection on Verizon is so terrible. Even if it dosent sell off the shelves like the iPhone or some androids can, you should deliver what your customers want!

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
VZW might be monitoring this thread (hopefuly). We want WP7 on Verizon! They have the best coverage in my area. That is what makes a cellular network great. Its such a shame the WP7 selection on Verizon is so terrible. Even if it dosent sell off the shelves like the iPhone or some androids can, you should deliver what your customers want!

That is the thing though. If majority of their customers "wanted it" they would carry more. You have to remember, those of us on sites like this are a small minority.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey, if big red were to finally get on the WP7 bandwagon I would happily switch back over to them (was a satisfied Verizon customer for over a decade but, the lack of WP7 phones available on their network was the dealbreaker for me when I started my smartphone shopping last winter/spring). And I suspect that I'm not the only one who left Verizon for that reason but would be willing to come back if they were to finally do something about it.

Arcturos

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

I hope so... hey VZW, i have been off contract and available to upgrade since August but am holding out for you to bring out some new windows phones(with LTE)... don't let me down! :straight:
Until then, i will continue to use my old BB.
unless i get really desperate and buy a used trophy, but will not be using my upgrade on any iphones or androids. (i do miss webos though :blush:)

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon today and spoke to a tech. He said he hasn't gotten a call about a Trophy in about 10 months. It's always the iPhone or Android.

This to me says either the Trophy isn't selling or nobody has issues with it.

hittheskids

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That is the thing though. If majority of their customers "wanted it" they would carry more. You have to remember, those of us on sites like this are a small minority.

Nobody wanted an iPhone either. But Apple and ATT spent money marketing it. Verizon will sell whatever it "pushes" and they have so far not put forth any effort towards WP7.
Partially this is MS's issue too, but if you ask a rep in a Verizon store about WP7 they are "what's that."

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Nobody wanted an iPhone either. But Apple and ATT spent money marketing it. Verizon will sell whatever it "pushes" and they have so far not put forth any effort towards WP7.
Partially this is MS's issue too, but if you ask a rep in a Verizon store about WP7 they are "what's that."

Nobody wanted an iphone? As soon as they announced it everyone wanted it.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I hope so... hey VZW, i have been off contract and available to upgrade since August but am holding out for you to bring out some new windows phones(with LTE)... don't let me down! :straight:
Until then, i will continue to use my old BB.
unless i get really desperate and buy a used trophy, but will not be using my upgrade on any iphones or androids. (i do miss webos though :blush:)
I'm in EXACTLY the same boat. I have two devices right now, a BB and a Vzw Trophy. I am SOOO wanting Vzw to support 2nd Gen WP devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos