05-26-2012 04:32 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    So. It's been a few months since sp3ci4lk said there was a possible Lumia 900+ in the works.

Have we heard anything since? I wouldn't mind using my upgrade on that thing.
    05-08-2012 03:06 AM
    Please do a simple google search or bing for the wp fanboys and you will see how tmo is the worst carrier of the big 4 in the US.
    They all have their ups and downs; but, Sprint is definitely the worst network. Data speeds on Sprint were horrible before LTE despite WiMax "4G". It was significantly slower than all the other networks. T-Mobile was actually one of the faster/fastest networks for a while, before all the LTE conversion. I still think it's faster (on average) than Sprint.

Regarding call quality, some people claim T-Mobile drop calls; but, I've heard a lot of complaints about this from all the other carriers as well, except Verizon. Call quality is very regional. Phone selection on Sprint is also pretty bad and the network charges high fees.

Overall, calling T-Mobile the "worst" network is just wrong. I'm not being a fanboy, the facts/tests actually clearly point to Sprint being the worst network by a mile. T-Mobile is around AT&T in terms of quality. Maybe a little better an maybe a little worse.

Here is how I would rank the networks (not accounting for prices):
    Verizon >>> T-Mobile + AT&T >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sprint

Accounting for value:
    T-Mobile >>>> Verizon >>> AT&T >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sprint
    05-08-2012 06:00 AM
    Hey does anyone know if the Focus S will get "4G" when the refarming is through? Also does anyone know when they should be done with hat is the Seattle area? Cuz I'm pretty sick of using EDGE.
    05-08-2012 10:23 AM
    Anyone hear anything about TMO and WiFi Calling with WP?

I stopped by a shop to pay my bill (it was on the way) and while going through the process I mentioned that I'm holding out for a WP8, that supports WiFi calling.

The other gal at the counter said "Yea... it's coming. But the rumor I heard was that WiFi calling was was going to count against your voice minutes."

I said that's just a dis-incentive to get a WP!

She agreed with me, and said "I really hope it's just a bad rumor, otherwise it's gonna really suck. Because we both want WP, but we live off of WiFi calling." (motioning to the other girl taking my money)

BTW: I'm on a iPhone 3g POS, waiting patiently for WP8.
    05-14-2012 08:50 PM
    I'm afraid, and this is all just speculation on my part, that we won't hear of another WP device coming to T-Mobile until HTC and T-Mobile announce the HD8(with Windows Phone 8) in late September/early October.
    05-22-2012 08:27 AM
    T-Mobile looks to be getting another high end android device T-Mobile’s Galaxy S III SGH-T999 Hits The FCC, AWS Bands And All | | TmoNewsTmoNews. They didnt waste any time jumping on that but nothing new for WP for months. Stuck with Tmo for a long time starting from the UK but they are just not interested in WP at this time.
    05-22-2012 09:55 AM
    T-Mobile looks to be getting another high end android device T-Mobiles Galaxy S III SGH-T999 Hits The FCC, AWS Bands And All | | TmoNewsTmoNews. They didnt waste any time jumping on that but nothing new for WP for months. Stuck with Tmo for a long time starting from the UK but they are just not interested in WP at this time.
    Just because they got a high end Android does not mean they aren't interested in WP. They promoted the 710 the entire time they had it exclusively and are happy with its sales, they're also currently testing a high end WP8. I have no doubts whatsoever that there won't be at least 2 high end WPs this fall, right in time for the HD7 upgrades.
    05-26-2012 04:32 PM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD