T-Mobile users PLEASE READ

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Take this with a grain of salt, but I know a T-Mobile employee who said they're working with Nokia to bring a "900+" to their stable -- something like the 900, but with a 12MP camera and other "improved" features. Again...grain of salt.

I'll add some spice: I posted on twitter and mentioned tmobile's account, they replied back to me and said stay tuned. I replied back and mentioned WP7 specifically and again they said basically stay tuned.

So now all we need is some pepper and we're set with a new WP7 on Tmo! :)

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Buy an unlocked and unbranded Lumia 900 and use it T-Mobile. They are the only other GSM carrier in the USA.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll add some spice: I posted on twitter and mentioned tmobile's account, they replied back to me and said stay tuned. I replied back and mentioned WP7 specifically and again they said basically stay tuned.

So now all we need is some pepper and we're set with a new WP7 on Tmo! :)

Mobile world congress can't come soon enough.

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile Lumia 900

My guess is that T-mobile was expecting the AT&T merger to go thru and therefore did not vye for any new WPs in their stable. Once the 900 exclusivity runs out in a few months, the 900, or something very much like it, will be available on T-mobile. T-Mobile has always been very Nokia friendly and with GSM, it just makes sense. Of course it won't be real 4G, but soon the whole world will run off WiFi ;)

Now let's all hope it comes in at a reasonable price point!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It would depend on the radio it has inside it.
Since the Lumia 900 is going to AT&T right away, the phone will only support WCDMA Band II 1900 (it also states that on the Nokia US website) for data. T-Mobile requires Band IV 1700. So, while the phone will work just fine on T-Mobile, it will be slow as molasses for anything data related.

None of that is going to matter once T-Mobile refarms its 1900 mhz spectrum for data usage but I doubt that'll happen this year and I doubt it'll affect EVERYBODY at once anyway.

----------

Replying to the original post, it seems like there is the possibility of the 900 coming to T-Mobile this year, after AT&T's exclusivity window ends, but there's nothing definitive as of yet (Who knows, maybe the exclusivity window is much longer than 45 days).

My solution to this is to buy an unlocked Lumia 710 in the next month and just wait until either the 900 if it launches later this year, or an Apollo device. I still have a phone upgrade on T-Mobile so I'd rather use it on an expensive device. Being that I'm currently on an Android phone, the above is the logical course of action for me. I'm tired of performance issues that have plagued me on the Nexus S as well as lower end Android phones.

freshairr

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Replying to the original post, it seems like there is the possibility of the 900 coming to T-Mobile this year, after AT&T's exclusivity window ends, but there's nothing definitive as of yet (Who knows, maybe the exclusivity window is much longer than 45 days).

My solution to this is to buy an unlocked Lumia 710 in the next month and just wait until either the 900 if it launches later this year, or an Apollo device. I still have a phone upgrade on T-Mobile so I'd rather use it on an expensive device.

This was my rationale as well. I've been using a 3GS on T-Mobile (also stuck on edge -__-) and wanted the lumia 800/900, but with the lack of correct bands, settled for the Radar and intend to reevaluate again in the fall when Apollo hits.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
T-mobile is currently in the process of refarming its existing H(+) network to the PCS band. Once this happens the concern of what phones Tmo gets will be eliminated.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I pay $110/mo with a TMO family plan and 2 Lumia 710's. I don't need the 900. The point of a Windows Phone is to not spend too much time with the phone. You want gadgets go Android.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Well to me that kinda ruins the point. I got my HD7 as a fast, sleek device that runs the gadgets well. Yes, we're years behind on app count and developer support, but originally our platform will include all the gadgets that Android has, and hopefully will use them in a lighter, more powerful format.

MrWet

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't consider the Galaxy S II and HTC Amaze to be low end. They are as good as their Vivid and Skyrocket counterparts.
Believe it or not, other than the apps and design, the 900 doesn't have anything on either the 710 or Radar performance wise. If the 710 and Radar are "low end", then the argument can be made the 900 is a mid range device and it will be obvious when the Windows Phone 8 devices come out shortly.

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So. It's been a few months since sp3ci4lk said there was a possible Lumia 900+ in the works.

Have we heard anything since? I wouldn't mind using my upgrade on that thing.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Please do a simple google search or bing for the wp fanboys and you will see how tmo is the worst carrier of the big 4 in the US.
They all have their ups and downs; but, Sprint is definitely the worst network. Data speeds on Sprint were horrible before LTE despite WiMax "4G". It was significantly slower than all the other networks. T-Mobile was actually one of the faster/fastest networks for a while, before all the LTE conversion. I still think it's faster (on average) than Sprint.

Regarding call quality, some people claim T-Mobile drop calls; but, I've heard a lot of complaints about this from all the other carriers as well, except Verizon. Call quality is very regional. Phone selection on Sprint is also pretty bad and the network charges high fees.

Overall, calling T-Mobile the "worst" network is just wrong. I'm not being a ******, the facts/tests actually clearly point to Sprint being the worst network by a mile. T-Mobile is around AT&T in terms of quality. Maybe a little better an maybe a little worse.

Here is how I would rank the networks (not accounting for prices):
Verizon >>> T-Mobile + AT&T >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sprint

Accounting for value:
T-Mobile >>>> Verizon >>> AT&T >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sprint

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey does anyone know if the Focus S will get "4G" when the refarming is through? Also does anyone know when they should be done with hat is the Seattle area? Cuz I'm pretty sick of using EDGE.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
WiFi calling?

Anyone hear anything about TMO and WiFi Calling with WP?

I stopped by a shop to pay my bill (it was on the way) and while going through the process I mentioned that I'm holding out for a WP8, that supports WiFi calling.

The other gal at the counter said "Yea... it's coming. But the rumor I heard was that WiFi calling was was going to count against your voice minutes."

I said that's just a dis-incentive to get a WP!

She agreed with me, and said "I really hope it's just a bad rumor, otherwise it's gonna really suck. Because we both want WP, but we live off of WiFi calling." (motioning to the other girl taking my money)

BTW: I'm on a iPhone 3g POS, waiting patiently for WP8.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid, and this is all just speculation on my part, that we won't hear of another WP device coming to T-Mobile until HTC and T-Mobile announce the HD8(with Windows Phone 8) in late September/early October.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss