T-Mobile users PLEASE READ

Android_Al

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Can we cut through all the BS and just state definitively, on this thread, whether the Lumia 800 or 900 will be coming to Tmo?

Been looking through a bunch of threads and I'm seeing a lot of No's but also some Maybe's.

What's the verdict? If if neither is coming, are you going to settle for a Lumia 710, wait until another WP7 device comes out, or just buy an Android?

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The 900 is going to be an exclusive to At&t, so definitely is NOT going to T-Mobile.

I haven't seen anything, but I doubt the 800 will be coming to T-Mobile either. T-Mobile is pushing the cheaper WP's like the Radar and the 710.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I won't settle for anything less than a Nokia 900. I have t-mobile in my eyes but I don't care for the radar or lumia 710. Those are just the lame cousins of the Lumia 900 and Titan II. T-mobile should be ashamed of having such lame phones.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The 900 is going to be an exclusive to At&t, so definitely is NOT going to T-Mobile.

I haven't seen anything, but I doubt the 800 will be coming to T-Mobile either. T-Mobile is pushing the cheaper WP's like the Radar and the 710.

Not exclusive forever. People really think one phone is exclusive forever. Smh

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I won't settle for anything less than a Nokia 900. I have t-mobile in my eyes but I don't care for the radar or lumia 710. Those are just the lame cousins of the Lumia 900 and Titan II. T-mobile should be ashamed of having such lame phones.

You get what you pay for with tmo. Low end network, low end phones.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I meant wp7 wise. Tmo has always had good android offerings since they were the first to support it back in the day.

So why label them as a low end carrier just because they don't have any high end WP7's at the moment? They provide value, and repeated tests have put their data network on par with the others and they have great customer support, qualities not always found in the "premier" carriers. Lets just stop vilifying Tmo, I am with them and certainly wish they had higher end WP7 devices but at least they have 2 new devices and chances are they will be the ones to pick up the next high end WP7.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
You get what you pay for with tmo. Low end network, low end phones.

Okay, generally I ignore yout posts around here but, this one just HAD to be responded to...

First off, low end phones? The DVP was most definitely NOT a low end phone (troubled perhaps, but not low end), and neither was the HD7. Two solid 1st gen WP7 offerings that were initially only available from T-Mobile. Now, as for these gen 1.5 offerings that they are going with so far... I will admit to being rather dissapointed that the nicest phones are all going to AT+T for now and only the mid-range phones are being offered by T-Mobile (still hoping for more though).

As for the network being low end... WTF are you talking about? I've been quite impressed with T-Mobile's network (and this is coming from someone who was with Verizon for over 10 yrs). Good signal, fewer dropped calls than I was managing with big red, better support and cust svc too.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, generally I ignore yout posts around here but, this one just HAD to be responded to...

As for the network being low end... WTF are you talking about? I've been quite impressed with T-Mobile's network (and this is coming from someone who was with Verizon for over 10 yrs). Good signal, fewer dropped calls than I was managing with big red, better support and cust svc too.

Well you are one of the lucky ones then. I travel a lot and know multiple people with tmo and more often then not when I have service with verizon they have no service with tmo. And these were big areas we were in. So congrats if you get good coverage with them just most do not.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So why label them as a low end carrier just because they don't have any high end WP7's at the moment? They provide value, and repeated tests have put their data network on par with the others and they have great customer support, qualities not always found in the "premier" carriers. Lets just stop vilifying Tmo, I am with them and certainly wish they had higher end WP7 devices but at least they have 2 new devices and chances are they will be the ones to pick up the next high end WP7.

Coverage wise they are low end.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Well you are one of the lucky ones then. I travel a lot and know multiple people with tmo and more often then not when I have service with verizon they have no service with tmo. And these were big areas we were in. So congrats if you get good coverage with them just most do not.

I like how you ignored the part of my post where I addressed your comments regarding their "low end" phones. would that be your way of acknowledging your erroneous statement without actually having to admit it publicly?

I travel a fair amount as well, and I know more than a few other T-Mobile customers, all of whom are pretty satisfied with the network. In my area AT+T has some odd coverage issues (small, random gaps with no signal at all) and I've talked to people with AT+T phones who are very annoyed by that so, using your logic perhaps I should be making broad generalizations about AT+T's "low end network"?

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I like how you ignored the part of my post where I addressed your comments regarding their "low end" phones. would that be your way of acknowledging your erroneous statement without actually having to admit it publicly?

I travel a fair amount as well, and I know more than a few other T-Mobile customers, all of whom are pretty satisfied with the network. In my area AT+T has some odd coverage issues (small, random gaps with no signal at all) and I've talked to people with AT+T phones who are very annoyed by that so, using your logic perhaps I should be making broad generalizations about AT+T's "low end network"?

T-Mobile 3G Here - Obviously a full signal so I know my coverage is good. The coverage all around here is excellent, but the speed is TERRIBLE.

wp000021i.jpg

I don't think any T-Mobile user should be talking about AT&T's network, which is 10th generation compared to T-Mobile's PoS network.

Here I get Edge Speeds with a full 3G signal. I went home for a week and got 1 bar of GPRS 10% of the time. I had to use my mother's AT&T phone to make calls and could barely send text messages. I had to make all my iOS and Android friends install ChatOn so we could text.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I guess knowing and traveling all over the country is making a broad generalization. Please do a simple google search or bing for the wp fanboys and you will see how tmo is the worst carrier of the big 4 in the US. Not to mention the phones you mentioned aren't "high end" by any means.

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Sources are now pointing that the 900 with an updated camera is coming to Tmobile later this year.

Regarding coverage, I've had Tmobile, Verizon and ATT in the last 4 years and have noticed no difference in coverage and data speeds. And with Tmobile being so much cheaper, it was a no brainer to stick with them.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile 3G Here - Obviously a full signal so I know my coverage is good. The coverage all around here is excellent, but the speed is TERRIBLE.

Click to view quoted image

I don't think any T-Mobile user should be talking about AT&T's network, which is 10th generation compared to T-Mobile's PoS network.

Here I get Edge Speeds with a full 3G signal. I went home for a week and got 1 bar of GPRS 10% of the time. I had to use my mother's AT&T phone to make calls and could barely send text messages. I had to make all my iOS and Android friends install ChatOn so we could text.

What? Now I'm scared. :(

Fallen Cpt Jack

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend who's had T-Mobile for years, and is very happy with them. I seriously considered going with the 710 and a month-to-month plan, but the 900 has me thinking AT&T instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb