Here's what I want in my next phone: A Nokia with a 4.3" or bigger screen, pixel density as good or better than the iphone 4S, a great camera, front-facing camera, LTE, 32 Gb of storage and excellent battery life. In light of the new Windows 8 rumors, how likely is it that something like this will be out by the end of the year?
    LadyRoyo and trumpet116 like this.
    02-04-2012 07:28 PM
    Here's what I want in my next phone: A Nokia with a 4.3" or bigger screen, pixel density as good or better than the iphone 4S, a great camera, front-facing camera, LTE, 32 Gb of storage and excellent battery life. In light of the new Windows 8 rumors, how likely is it that something like this will be out by the end of the year?
    not very likely if you stick with verizon.
    Bytor70 and LadyRoyo like this.
    02-04-2012 07:35 PM
    I can only hope I guess. My wife has an upgrade in November I'm probably going to use, so hopefully there will be a top WP on Verizon. If not I'll be taking a hard look at the iphone.
    LadyRoyo likes this.
    02-04-2012 09:03 PM
    I can only hope I guess. My wife has an upgrade in November I'm probably going to use, so hopefully there will be a top WP on Verizon. If not I'll be taking a hard look at the iphone.
    You never know. Verizon may get a highend Nokia phone like a 910. Nobody knows at this point in time.
    02-04-2012 10:48 PM
    There's a new Windows Phone in our LTE promos. Absoltely zero information on it. Just a slate with live tiles. Appears to be HTC.
    02-04-2012 11:05 PM
    Post a pic! THAT will set the forums all a flutter!
    02-04-2012 11:07 PM
    There's a new Windows Phone in our LTE promos. Absoltely zero information on it. Just a slate with live tiles. Appears to be HTC.
    Your dream may come true scottcraft!
    02-04-2012 11:12 PM
    My employer treats me wayyyyyyyy too well to leak anything like screen caps or details. I don't mind saying that there's a LTE Windows Phone in our promos because it certainly put my mind at ease. I was definitely thinking about giving up my 50% off and 10 month contracts for a Lumia 900.
    02-04-2012 11:16 PM
    Your dream may come true scottcraft!
    Maybe so! If it's HTC I'll have to hear some reports on the reception, because this Trophy is horrible, especially on the data side. But if Verizon gets another HTC they might get Nokia too. I'll be thankful for whatever they get though.
    palandri likes this.
    02-04-2012 11:35 PM
    Maybe so! If it's HTC I'll have to hear some reports on the reception, because this Trophy is horrible, especially on the data side. But if Verizon gets another HTC they might get Nokia too. I'll be thankful for whatever they get though.
    That sucks to hear man. My Trophy performs very well for me both data and voice-wise.
    02-04-2012 11:36 PM
    That sucks to hear man. My Trophy performs very well for me both data and voice-wise.
    The phones is ok most places, just not at home and at work. I had Motorola droid prior to the Trophy and I had no problem watching videos and streaming music over 3G at home or work. I think most HTC phones are better than the Trophy so if Verizon gets another HTC as a WP I'll check it out.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express
    02-05-2012 12:40 AM
    Very likely if you wait till apollo. The Lumia 900 has the screen,cameras and LTE you desire and Apollo will make sure you have the resolution and storages you dream for.

Are you willing to wait ONE BILLION MONTHS?!!! (8 months)
    Bytor70 likes this.
    02-05-2012 12:56 AM
    Very likely if you wait till apollo. The Lumia 900 has the screen,cameras and LTE you desire and Apollo will make sure you have the resolution and storages you dream for.

Well my wife has an upgrade in November (that I'll probably use) and mine is next March, so I'm hoping Verizon will have a top of the line WP by then.
    02-05-2012 04:39 AM
    I hope so.
    02-05-2012 10:45 AM

Does not have the screen he wants. iPhone pixel density is 329 pixels per inch. 900 is only 216 ppi. That is significantly lower. You can tell the difference between those resolutions easily with the naked eye at a normal viewing distance.

I think it is very likely (at least on AT&T) except for the 32 GB. With Apollo supporting Micro SD for additional storage it is unlikely (and highly unnecessary) that manufacturers will include more than 16 GB, with most likely electing for only 8 GB in all but their highest of high end devices.
    02-05-2012 12:24 PM
    Does not have the screen he wants. iPhone pixel density is 329 pixels per inch. 900 is only 216 ppi. That is significantly lower. You can tell the difference between those resolutions easily with the naked eye at a normal viewing distance.

I think it is very likely (at least on AT&T) except for the 32 GB. With Apollo supporting Micro SD for additional storage it is unlikely (and highly unnecessary) that manufacturers will include more than 16 GB, with most likely electing for only 8 GB in all but their highest of high end devices.
    I thought I might have a problem with the Titan's 199 ppi, but I'm surprised I don't. I mean, yeah, I know it's not "Retina" but at my normal viewing distance there isn't much of a difference. I guess part of the reason I'm okay with it is because of the Pentile on the AMOLED my Dell Venue Pro. In my opinion, anything is better than that Pentile.

The other day, I had to use an iPod touch, and I realized how tiny a 3.5 inch screen is. Honestly, I don't think I can use a screen smaller than 4 inches now.

And as for the memory, I hope not. That would be the easy way out. I'm hoping that as storage gets cheaper, that they'll put more on device storage rather than requiring us to buy our own microSD cards.
    02-05-2012 02:59 PM
    Honestabebread, what kind of time frame is there usually between when you see something like this and it gets released (or at least further leaks)?
    02-05-2012 07:28 PM
    Does not have the screen he wants.
    The screen is Clearblack pentile free amoled. That's the screen he desires, I mentioned Resolution separately.
    02-05-2012 08:42 PM
    I don't necessarily have a problem with the resolution of my trophy, but watching a video on my wife's iphone 4 is pretty nice. I've watched some videos on the Galaxy Nexus at the Verizon store and it's pretty nice too. I think a Nokia screen with high pixel density would be very nice. I would prefer built in storage instead of sd card storage.
    02-06-2012 01:04 AM
    I personally thing the Focus screens and the Lumia screens (SuperAMOLED) are better looking then the iPhone4S. Even though they technically have lower resolution at large size (ie less pixel density).

Just me personally. Everybody sees thing different.
    soulzero likes this.
    02-06-2012 09:12 AM
    Honestabebread, what kind of time frame is there usually between when you see something like this and it gets released (or at least further leaks)?
    It varies greatly. iPhone stuff we don't learn about until like a week before launch. But on the other hand I've known about the Razr Maxx since the Razr launched.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    02-08-2012 01:12 AM
    Verizon will have high end windows phone(s) later this year you can almost guarantee it. If not before, definitely once Apollo is released.
    02-08-2012 10:26 AM
    Curious to see what Verizon comes out with. I've currently got my wife and I on refurbed Trophys till our contracts run out. I may hang around for a while to see if there is any thing compelling. I did get some hope when Verizon said Nokia was a long time valued partner at CES.
    02-08-2012 12:30 PM
    Well I ended up buying a new Trophy on ebay this week...replace this broken down one I have. None of the new Android phones on Verizon interest me at all really...mostly due to running Android.

I'm off contract, and I can pretty much only re-up via phone with customer service or at a store if I want to keep my $5 messaging plan (I realized everything about my plan is obsolete now--America's Choice II family plan with 500 minutes, unlimited data, $5 messaging, makes it a pain to upgrade).

edit: putting a case/screen protector on this one, and not letting the toddler chew/throw it.
    02-08-2012 09:08 PM
    It's hard to guess
    02-19-2012 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD