New dummy phone spotted at Verizon Wireless store.

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I was at a Verizon Wireless store. A rep there ask me what kind of phone I want. I told him I want a Windows Phone. He walked me over to the HTC Trophy. I asked him if there's any new Windows Phones coming, but he hold me to check back in a couple of months.

I was about to leave when he pulled something out of his desk. He showed me a dummy unit of what looks like a smaller HTC Titan with the HTC logo prominently written on the front. I was not allow to touch the unit for some reason. The unit is all black and has ~4.3 inch screen. It also have dual-flash, front facing camera, and a kickstand which is located on the bottom section of the phone.

Strangely enough, there's no Verizon logo anywhere on the phone.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I was at a Verizon Wireless store. A rep there ask me what kind of phone I want. I told him I want a Windows Phone. He walked me over to the HTC Trophy. I asked him if there's any new Windows Phones coming, but he hold me to check back in a couple of months.

I was about to leave when he pulled something out of his desk. He showed me a dummy unit of what looks like a smaller HTC Titan with the HTC logo prominently written on the front. I was not allow to touch the unit for some reason. The unit is all black and has ~4.3 inch screen. It also have dual-flash, front facing camera, and a kickstand which is located on the bottom section of the phone.

Strangely enough, there's no Verizon logo anywhere on the phone.

:O If they released an Imagio 2, I would instabuy. Hopefully the camera and screen on this phone are much better than the Trophy's, as those are my only real complaints for the phone.

mdscj4

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
And I was just about to waste my upgrade on the Trophy this week. This is good news. We will probably hear more about it at MWC.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Did it had the Windows Logos? Are you sure it wasn't just one of those Android phones that have 3 buttons instead of 4?

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Did it had the Windows Logos? Are you sure it wasn't just one of those Android phones that have 3 buttons instead of 4?

Yup. There's a Windows, back, and search button.

The dummy unit also has live tiles.

That said, I can't find Verizon branding anywhere on the handset. On the phone tiles, it said "Phone" instead of "Verizon Wireless"

mdscj4

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Yup. There's a Windows, back, and search button.

The dummy unit also has live tiles.

That said, I can't find Verizon branding anywhere on the handset. On the phone tiles, it said "Phone" instead of "Verizon Wireless"

If the employee was using the phone and it had animation, could it be called a dummy unit? I was under the impression that dummy units were just plastic models of the phone. Could be very wrong though.

mdscj4

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't even believe that the store had the Trophy on display, lol.

Every store I've looked at here on Long Island does not have a Trophy in stock. Although I did get lucky once a few weeks ago the sales rep told me there was only 1 in stock. I asked if he could hold it for me. He told me "sure but nobody's going to buy it"

-_-

Teddywestside

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by Judge_Daniel
I can't even believe that the store had the Trophy on display, lol.
well said!

And I was just about to waste my upgrade on the Trophy this week. This is good news. We will probably hear more about it at MWC.
I'm minutes away from buying a trophy online from verizon. If I buy it in the next hour I get free overnight shipping and wp7 will be in my hands by this time tomorrow. With the phone just being $30 its too good a combo for me to wait an unknown amount of time. I guess I'm just not much of a gambler as my luck seems to always be against me. For me, even though the trophy ain't great, its miles better than my current generic phone with a slid out keyboard(ooh!).

In 24 months verizon will hopefully stock more windows phones for me to select from as well as ones with hardware more on par with other os flagships. But for now I think the trophy will coo my lust for a smart phone and provide most if not all things I want from such a phone.

hopefully...:p

I guess even though this is just a rumor(no offense) its still nice to see progression for Wp at verizon.

Last edited:

ePoise

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope this turns out to be something good! I need a to a get new phone soon, and I really want a Windows Phone. I don't want to be stuck with such an outdated Trophy. Here's hoping for the best!

Also there's going to be a sale for new 2 year contracts starting 3/3 through 3/27 for St. Patrick's Day with Verizon! Hope it's out by then!

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Me too. There's no Verizon in my Country but I just feel bad to see AT&T getting all the good phones while Sprint and Verizon are 2 years behind.

mdscj4

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
well said!

I'm minutes away from buying a trophy online from verizon. If I buy it in the next hour I get free overnight shipping and wp7 will be in my hands by this time tomorrow. With the phone just being $30 its too good a combo for me to wait an unknown amount of time. I guess I'm just not much of a gambler as my luck seems to always be against me. For me, even though the trophy ain't great, its miles better than my current generic phone with a slid out keyboard(ooh!).

In 24 months verizon will hopefully stock more windows phones for me to select from as well as ones with hardware more on par with other os flagships. But for now I think the trophy will coo my lust for a smart phone and provide most if not all things I want from such a phone.

hopefully...:p

I guess even though this is just a rumor(no offense) its still nice to see progression for Wp at verizon.

I too did this, overnight shipping! Could not resist.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
It's funny, my outdated plans with VZW saved me from wasting my upgrade. Just got my new Trophy from eBay this evening to replace my broken down one. Still have my last NE2 credit, but the kicker is I have to do the upgrade either in store or over the phone if I don't want to lose my $5 text plan (but I can do this replacement device no problem online).

So hopefully something better is out by next winter...all I really ask for is an improved main camera and FFC. If it has LTE and good battery life, that's a bonus.

Hmmm...interesting. The new one has a much stronger (buzzier) vibrate than my old one. And the volume buttons seem to stick out a hair more and be stiffer. Might just be the difference between brand new and broken in though. And the new one only has NoDo on it.

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Every store I've looked at here on Long Island does not have a Trophy in stock. Although I did get lucky once a few weeks ago the sales rep told me there was only 1 in stock. I asked if he could hold it for me. He told me "sure but nobody's going to buy it"

-_-

There's a HTC Trophy (with demo ROM) on display.

The phone is not actually in stock and need to be special ordered.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786