New dummy phone spotted at Verizon Wireless store.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
What hardware revision number is your phone? I have version 3 as it is much tighter than the first trophy I received. Settings > About Phone > more
It's funny, my outdated plans with VZW saved me from wasting my upgrade. Just got my new Trophy from eBay this evening to replace my broken down one. Still have my last NE2 credit, but the kicker is I have to do the upgrade either in store or over the phone if I don't want to lose my $5 text plan (but I can do this replacement device no problem online).

So hopefully something better is out by next winter...all I really ask for is an improved main camera and FFC. If it has LTE and good battery life, that's a bonus.

Hmmm...interesting. The new one has a much stronger (buzzier) vibrate than my old one. And the volume buttons seem to stick out a hair more and be stiffer. Might just be the difference between brand new and broken in though. And the new one only has NoDo on it.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
What hardware revision number is your phone? I have version 3 as it is much tighter than the first trophy I received. Settings > About Phone > more

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Both of them claim to be revision 3.

Sheesh...the NoDo to Mango update just took about 2 hours. Still need radio update and 8107 installed. Will have to do that tomorrow....plus I have to take the phone away from home to activate anyway (Verizon Network Extender interferes with that process).

Cmon VZW, give us some lovin!

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
My guess is VZW is waiting for Windows Phone 8, as it will be rolling out for the Christmas shopping season and will be supporting all of the latest tech. LTE, HD screens, multicore, Micro SD cards et al.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My guess is VZW is waiting for Windows Phone 8, as it will be rolling out for the Christmas shopping season and will be supporting all of the latest tech. LTE, HD screens, multicore, Micro SD cards et al.
Based on both of these bits of info, I suspect you're going to see a WP7.5 coming down the pike to VZW before the holiday season. It's starting to look like something that crosses Verizon's "line in the sand" (LTE) will be announced at MWC.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I work at Verizon and haven't heard much about a new WP7. There was a HTC Titan looking one in our 2012 Kickoff/4G LTE video but there was absolutely no detail about it. Shame.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Me too. There's no Verizon in my Country but I just feel bad to see AT&T getting all the good phones while Sprint and Verizon are 2 years behind.

If Sprint and VZN are two years behind to paraphrase a Jimmy Bufett lyric "it's their own damn fault"!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett