Anything on METROPCS ??

Sir_Josh

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
MetroPCS has pretty much become an Android only carrier. I wish they would get a new device or two just to help spread the OS, but I personally think it's a long shot, especially with the lack of CDMA devices lately.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Shark87

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, its kinda sad. I've been giving them a look so that I can save on my phone bill (and be off contract as well), but its hard to say if WP is in Metro's [near-]future. As Sir Josh says, they've become an Android only carrier. One of their slogans is "Android for all".

According to some reliable sources at Howardforums there is a new Blackberry phone on the way, so its possible that they will have one or two alternatives to Android in their lineup. Another plus is LTE support coming to WP, since it seems that Metro is pushing to make LTE the backbone of their network and "retire" or at least reduce their dependance on CDMA.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, its kinda sad. I've been giving them a look so that I can save on my phone bill (and be off contract as well), but its hard to say if WP is in Metro's [near-]future. As Sir Josh says, they've become an Android only carrier. One of their slogans is "Android for all".

According to some reliable sources at Howardforums there is a new Blackberry phone on the way, so its possible that they will have one or two alternatives to Android in their lineup. Another plus is LTE support coming to WP, since it seems that Metro is pushing to make LTE the backbone of their network and "retire" or at least reduce their dependance on CDMA.

It would be nice to see the nokia 610 go to Metropcs?

there is no reason why they would not do that unless they just dont like microsoft too..

I don't get it with these Microsoft Haters..

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

there is no reason why they would not do that unless they just dont like microsoft too..

Probably not a lot of people asking for WP on Metro either. I'm willing to bet a lot of people who go with Metro are those who can't afford or don't want to spend the money on an iPhone and walk into a Metro store and ask for "one of those Android phones" that so and so told him about. In short, I'd chalk it up to consumer ignorance, which is where MS really needs to step things up. A few TV ad campaigns on the right networks for forthcoming Tango devices would probably go a long way.

baba.bhagat

Banned
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have both an ipad and a best android tablet and apart from games, the android can do everything the ipad can, at least as well as the ipad does. There are some games, but not nearly as much as on the apple side. That said for general day to day things i use the android tablet much more than the ipad.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Metro has a tiny, but growing 4G LTE network, so a future WP7 phone is possible, but I would expect them to be one of the last to get on board. Generally they focus on low cost first, so they keep their line up simple, that means they probably aren't going to rush to fit in a WP7 phone when they are not in huge demand. They don't even carry an iPhone, which is very popular even though the could fit a 3GS in their lineup at their unsubsidized prices.

I'd expect them to carry the iPhone first before a WP7 phone, but who knows. They might pick up the Lumia 6xx or 7xx at some point.

I left Metro PCS to buy my Lumia. I've had it with Android. I had the "top of the line" LG Esteen Metro offers and it was a horrible buggy unreliable piece of junk. The 4G LTE was great for a while.. until I could barely connect to it most of the time. Also with Metro, there's no 3G, so you are either in a 4G LTE area, or you have horribly slow, virtually unusable Internet.

That $60 a month bill was nice, but ultimately the complete lack of support from clueless store employees (far worse than any normal carrier) and the crap selection of phones just drove me away.

If you want a no contract, less expensive carrier with a Windows Phone, I suggest looking at T-Mobile. You should be able to get a Lumia 710 or a Samsung Focus from them with no contact for right around $70 a month. :)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

It's not about hating Microsoft. It's business. Metro has to watch every dime to keep their prices so low. Stocking Windows Phones, the cheapest of which would be among the most expensive phones in their line up, wouldn't make good business sense for them right now.

As much as they suck, people want Android phones. The most sensible thing for Metro to do from a business standpoint would be to start carrying the iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4.

It might not be what WE want them to do, but it's the truth.

If Windows Phone gets into the double digits in marketshare, then that will change, but that's a few years away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon