According to CNET, that's what could be announced at the Mobile World Congress this month.

Could this be Nokia's Tango device? I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Nokia Lumia 610 set to be cheapest Windows Phone | CNET UK
    cedarlog likes this.
    02-15-2012 08:23 AM
    You big tease Big Supes. :lol:
    02-15-2012 09:57 AM
    Just stirring up the speculation pot. ;) :D
    02-15-2012 10:57 AM
    the photo os the lumia 610 is here?
    looks like nokia astound:
    Exclusive: Lumia 610 Nokia's lower-end WP7 Tango phone ~ Nokia For Us

Attachment 20302
    02-15-2012 01:39 PM
    I actually really like the look of this. Whilst, I'll be launching with Apollo or the Lumia 910, this is something I'll be recommending for Mama and Papa Big. :)
    02-15-2012 01:47 PM
    Looks pretty good for a lowend phone.
    02-15-2012 02:00 PM
    That's a really awful render. I like the much much lower end but still nice looking than the 710 part.
    02-15-2012 05:31 PM

Attachment 20302
    i've seen all nokia lumia phones im not convinced this will be a nokia phone
    02-16-2012 01:53 AM

It seems the Nokia 610's existence has now been confirmed.

Nokia Lumia 610 confirmed.

Just Sharing. :)
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 02-16-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    Big Supes and Winterfang like this.
    02-16-2012 07:59 AM
    I just read that on WMPoweruser. I'm really starting to wonder where this 610 and Tango in generally fits into the whole Windows Phone ecosystem. As many others have stated, the specs for 1st gen devices were low end when they were released (and they worked beautifully!). If Nokia wants to attack emerging markets I don't see any reason why they couldn't just keep releasing 1st gen level hardware.

Now I'm starting to wonder if Tango is really meant for feature phones. That has always been Nokia's bread and butter, their "Windows" if you will. Furthermore, many of these so-called emerging markets still rely heavily on feature phones. Both because the phone is cheaper and so is the monthly rate.

IMO, up until the release of Windows Phone, I don't think there's been a good phone-based OS that works good with low specs. iOS maybe, but you can't get an Android feature phone to run smoothly on the same specs that WP7 runs on. Not only that, but feature phones have taken a massive dive due to the rise of the smartphone. Companies are not investing the money to make better feature phones.

I think this is where Nokia and Tango comes in. Tango can be designed to run on feature phones while retaining the silky smoothness associated with Windows Phone. That would allow Nokia to attack emerging markets with a low-priced feature phone that has all the goodies of a smartphone only without the hefty monthly fee.

And while I hate to bring up the ill-fated KIN (I actually have the redesigned version called the KIN TWOm)... That was Microsoft's attempt to attack the feature phone market with a smartphone like OS. Only this time they have a much better OS and a much better partner in Nokia.

In fact, all it would take is a toggle to turn off data but leave the option there just in case anyone actually wanted/needed a data plan. Oh wait, that toggle already exists! It's like they're halfway there.

If that is Nokia's/Microsoft's strategy, they could really be on to something. The goodies of a smartphone with the price advantage of a feature phone could be a game changer for many emerging markets.
    02-16-2012 09:54 AM
    Click to view quoted image

it does exist i still don't think the posted picture will be a nokia phone in terms of design
    02-16-2012 02:45 PM

Attachment 20302
    Looks like obvious photoshop of C7.
    It even got the black paint suddenly stop next to the the small arrow taking you to the app list.
    02-16-2012 02:53 PM
    :happy:

:rolleyes:
    02-17-2012 12:36 AM

Sounds great.
    02-19-2012 07:50 PM
    :happy:

:rolleyes:
    If this is the this real deal I actually really like the design... Be a good gift for my parents...
    02-19-2012 09:27 PM
    02-25-2012 01:12 PM
    Looks nice

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    02-25-2012 01:34 PM
    Is this a Tango phone ? No live tiles and such.

02-25-2012 01:35 PM
    Is this a Tango phone ? No live tiles and such.

Yes, it's supposedly Tango phone. Didn't Tango have live tiles? I know that it had some background tasks taken away and RAM limit lowered to 256MB.
    02-25-2012 03:12 PM
    It's a colourful little fellah the 610!

http://www.windowscentral.com/more-l...-announcements

Last edited by TheWeeBear; 02-26-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    02-26-2012 11:30 AM
    I don't get it. If these renders are accurate, these phones appear to have capacitive buttons. Most phones that are designed to go "downmarket" almost always have physical buttons, like the 710, which is supposed to be a more "upmarket" device than the 610. Either MS's fee for Tango is significantly lower than it is for Mango, or they cut some other really serious corners elsewhere.
    02-26-2012 03:10 PM
    It seems to me that this cheapest Nokia will be not very good qualified. For majority it's important to have the iPhone itself...and the company won't accentuate on the quality
    03-13-2012 03:39 AM
    I think it depends on your market, if you're trying to transition the current crop of S40 and Asha users to Windows Phone, the Lumia 610x is a good call. Compared to those handsets, it is a seriously good upgrade: full multi-touch screen, access to apps like Office Mobile, SkyDrive, Skype, Facebook as well as the line of Nokia apps such as Drive, Maps, Reading, etc. You can't really go wrong, and I'm sure most of the common games (Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, etc) will work alright too.

That said, it's clear Nokia is pushing to produce something that packs all of the above but at a cost of close/under $100. To ensure such devices come in competitive with this market, Nokia might even help local developers to push out region-specific apps, especially in terms of news, sports, culture, etc.
    03-17-2012 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD