Hands On Nokia Pure View 41MP Camera Phone (WPCentral)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Can you imagine if Nokia show this as a Windows Phone. Oh we will all be so estactic right now. There's no doubt about it, this phone was the most impressive phone on the whole thing.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited because I know that it will eventually make its way to Windows Phone.

I don't need instant gratification since I'm still on contract until the end of the year.

But what this might do is make me wait if the WP8 launch devices don't have it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited because I know that it will eventually make its way to Windows Phone.

I don't need instant gratification since I'm still on contract until the end of the year.

But what this might do is make me wait if the WP8 launch devices don't have it.

I do need instant Gratification. Not announcing a Windows Phone version ( he.ck show a photoshop or something) is just bad taste.

My carrier step their game on so I have Bars and internet at my job right now so I don't see myself leaving until next year but I don't want Windows Phone to become THAT low end system. Windows Phone isn't Bada, is the third OS and Microsoft should treat with respect.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I do need instant Gratification. Not announcing a Windows Phone version ( he.ck show a photoshop or something) is just bad taste.

My carrier step their game on so I have Bars and internet at my job right now so I don't see myself leaving until next year but I don't want Windows Phone to become THAT low end system. Windows Phone isn't Bada, is the third OS and Microsoft should treat with respect.

All this is strategic.

There needs to be news that can trickle out throughout the year to keep mindshare. Especially as we get closer to WP8 launch. If they tell us everything right now, you'll be sitting here a few months from now complaining about how there's no new information and everything released is stuff you already know.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
That didn't happened with Mango, I felt like every other week we learn of a new feature. Now Apollo is so missing in action I doubt it's even real. Samsung is nowhere to be seen either.

I just have this bad taste in my mouth, my gut is telling me that Microsoft is going to pull a Zune HD and let the thing die. I don't want Windows Phone to die, I can't see myself using another OS.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I do recall people being very impatient about Mango. And not being sure if we'd even see it in 2011. There was so much confusion.

Winterfang, I think that your enthusiasm is just getting the best of you right now. People like us want to suck up every bit of information we can. But unfortunately, business moves at its own timeline. And there are likely some very valid reasons for it.

Heck, Elop won't even specifically say that PureView is coming to Windows Phone. Even though he will say that it's coming to other platforms, that Symbian for smartphones is being phased out, and that Nokia's smartphone future is Windows Phone. When pressed on if it will come to WP, he'll only say that "it may be safe to assume."

That tells me that there is a very specific announcement and marketing schedule he has to adhere to. And because of that, he can't even state the obvious explicitly because if he did so there would be a "Elop Announces PureView for Windows Phone" headline in every blog and it would kill any hype that they may want to try to generate later down the line.

So buddy, let's take a deep breath. You're so excited and enthusiastic. But all that excess energy can also make you frustrated.

anon(5336707)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Is Nokia getting into the point & shoot market? Why buy a P&S camera when you can have a Nokia. Ericsson and Nokia go far back in creating great hardware. It's nice to see Nokia keep it up. :) I only wish it was a WP.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I do recall people being very impatient about Mango. And not being sure if we'd even see it in 2011. There was so much confusion.

Winterfang, I think that your enthusiasm is just getting the best of you right now. People like us want to suck up every bit of information we can. But unfortunately, business moves at its own timeline. And there are likely some very valid reasons for it.

Heck, Elop won't even specifically say that PureView is coming to Windows Phone. Even though he will say that it's coming to other platforms, that Symbian for smartphones is being phased out, and that Nokia's smartphone future is Windows Phone. When pressed on if it will come to WP, he'll only say that "it may be safe to assume."

That tells me that there is a very specific announcement and marketing schedule he has to adhere to. And because of that, he can't even state the obvious explicitly because if he did so there would be a "Elop Announces PureView for Windows Phone" headline in every blog and it would kill any hype that they may want to try to generate later down the line.

So buddy, let's take a deep breath. You're so excited and enthusiastic. But all that excess energy can also make you frustrated.

I know, I know but God GRRAAARRARSF VDFFVCsdfvfCSFCDSFVECDSFDVF!!!!

I want more phones >_<

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought Symbian was going away? I'm kind of confused and disappointed this technology isn't on a Windows Phone.

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't say no to this. I have enjoyed my WP7 time but my Lumia 800's battery and camera are woeful. This thing is just an awesome beast.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I can't say no to this. I have enjoyed my WP7 time but my Lumia 800's battery and camera are woeful. This thing is just an awesome beast.

I can't say no to it either. It will replace my Nokia N8 as my personal phone. I'll keep my Trophy as my work phone for now. I'll upgrade my Trophy later on to a different WP.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The camera and sound is just too awesome.

I've been drooling since yesterday. I think I'll need an IV soon because of all the water I'm losing.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I must admit that if the 808 was a WP devices everything would be turning upside down. I expect we should be seeing this soon in WP device....

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I was taking some pictures today with my phone and I'm already disappointed I don't have a pure device in my hands.

I don't know what to do, I want the 900 hundred but that camera :'(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo