The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-20-2012 12:50 PM
53 123
tools
    I have no carrier loyalty (I think there all crooks!) but I get a discount with Sprint and they do have unlimited data. :D
    Yes, that is the only thing I will miss. Sprint gives me a 19% percent discount and ATT will give me a 20%, but ATT's discount only applies to the minutes package of the plan.

Sprint is unlimited, but in my area at least it almost pointless because of how slow it is.
    04-03-2012 06:13 AM
    lol..discounts...if you are paying more than $45 a mo for unlimited everything you are paying too much.
    04-03-2012 06:57 AM
    True, but their are no carriers that offer a plan like that within the US, as far as I know.
    04-03-2012 07:55 AM
    Prepaid carriers do... sort of.
    04-03-2012 08:29 AM
    lol..discounts...if you are paying more than $45 a mo for unlimited everything you are paying too much.
    Where can you get unlimited everything with 4G at that price?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    04-03-2012 09:36 AM
    Yeah, but some of us want a coverage area that's larger than a postage stamp.
    04-03-2012 10:20 AM
    I switched yesterday. My ETF was a $160. I don't care anymore either. Hopefully my Lumia will be here Saturday.
    04-03-2012 12:52 PM
    Where can you get unlimited everything with 4G at that price?

Straight Talk....and coverage is the same as ATT....or in other words more than Sprint by far.
    foosball likes this.
    04-03-2012 02:53 PM
    Yeah, but some of us want a coverage area that's larger than a postage stamp.
    yeah I wouldn't want Sprint coverage either ;) that's why I have ATT coverage.
    04-03-2012 02:53 PM
    Straight Talk....and coverage is the same as ATT....or in other words more than Sprint by far.
    They're not unlimited though. From what I hear they have a 2GB cap that is seriously reinforced. Still a good deal though.
    foosball likes this.
    04-03-2012 10:35 PM
    So the next question is how do you get a Lumia 900 on straight talk?

04-03-2012 11:22 PM
    They're not unlimited though. From what I hear they have a 2GB cap that is seriously reinforced. Still a good deal though.
    Yup, plus some people say there's some sort of daily cap around 70-100MB. (2GB/30days = 67-68MB This daily cap isn't strictly enforced, but they're being proactive and will stop you if they think you're going to go over the 2GB "limit." So if you say use 200MB three days in a row, expect your data to be cut off.

Welcome | Straight Talk

The Lumia 900 uses a microSIM, right? I don't think you'll get LTE on Straight Talk. I assume AT&T will only let it's postpaid customers have that.
    04-04-2012 04:01 AM

you go buy the phone at full price from the shysters at ATT then you pop in an ATT compatible SIM you bought from Straight Talk and configure the APN settings.

I'd suggest waiting until MS sells the 900 unbranded in their store. You don't want to be at the mercy of ATT for updates.
    man1up likes this.
    04-04-2012 10:52 AM
    04-11-2012 12:59 AM
    4 inch? Bah! That Prodigy looks promising but better be bigger than 4 inchs.
    04-11-2012 04:42 PM
    just heard Noah for TechnoBuffalo say sprint may be getting a qwerty from Nokia. If so, that proves even more that Sprint is not really putting any effort into WP. More people buy touchscreens than qwerty. I have the arrive and have never ever used the keyboard
    04-14-2012 11:18 PM
    I have an arrive and I use my kb all the time.....
    04-16-2012 11:11 AM
    I use my keyboard mainly because the phone just feels to bulky not to use it and also the disappering keyboard fix still not there...
    04-16-2012 01:21 PM
    Hopefully the good sales numbers from Lumia will help sprint decide on getting the W8 version of the lumia
    04-16-2012 10:16 PM
    just heard Noah for TechnoBuffalo say sprint may be getting a qwerty from Nokia. If so, that proves even more that Sprint is not really putting any effort into WP. More people buy touchscreens than qwerty. I have the arrive and have never ever used the keyboard
    Thats the MS nerd rumor?

The rumor is that they are testing a Nokia designed Dual core LTE Apollo device. No other specs have been mentioned. Outside of the Snapdragon 8960 chipset. There was also rumor of an LG device too.

How do you conclude that a qwerty devices means lack of effort?
    Last edited by Canesfan625; 04-17-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    04-17-2012 08:53 AM
    [CODE]just heard Noah for TechnoBuffalo say sprint may be getting a qwerty from Nokia. If so, that proves even more that Sprint is not really putting any effort into WP. More people buy touchscreens than qwerty. I have the arrive and have never ever used the keyboard[/CODE]

I just love it when someone's personal preference somehow becomes a "fact" and translates to something that "most people" do!

My last visit to a cell phone display with ALL carriers being represented showed a LOT of new devices with physical keyboards in a variety of formats vertical sliders, horizontal sliders and open slab.

Which makes me chuckle a bit because they are so reminiscent of the Palm devices from Treos to the Pre! Manufacturers of these personal devices tend to offer what sells well, don't they? I even see these physical keyboard devices being offered by the no contract programs!

I personally don't like virtual keyboards and rarely use the one on my Arrive - but I don't make the leap that "most people" prefer physical keyboards. To each their own. Nokia has some solid device background, I've used several in my trail of cell phones. IF they put out a physical keyboard device it may entice me. But for now my Arrive is doing very well thank you!

The slider is still tight and snappy and I love the tilt screen. The physical keyboard for me allows faster input that is more accurate and also offers faster access to alternate keys and directional, but that doesn't mean MOST people.

What does a Nokia with a physical keyboard have to do with Sprint moving away from Windows Phones?
    04-17-2012 10:06 AM
    You use the fact that they MIGHT be getting a new phone as proof/evidence of no effort yet you don't mention the fact that they have offered 1 phone for nearly the last 2 years as proof?

I guess...
    04-17-2012 03:26 PM
    I'm an Arrive user also and since phones have gotten so small, I would not even consider one without a keyboard. I'm one of those big handed, fat fingered smart phone users and waited many years before finally moving into one for that very reason. Up until about 3 years ago, I was still using my Dell Axim x51v with stylus pen and even had a folding BT keyboard for it that I used when I needed to do serious work away from a computer. A TP2 was my 1st "converged" device and I moved on to an Arrive when it quite working.

Maybe, now that devices have begun to get bigger, I might be able to use a screen keyboard but I'm not holding out much hope for that.
    04-17-2012 07:54 PM
    I was you months ago. A larger screen combined with the awesome WP7 auto detection/correction switched me.
    04-17-2012 08:10 PM
    Agreed with oldpueblo. I have the epic 4g now, b/c I though going from a hero, with it's teeny tiny screen, i'd want a physical kb. Errrnt. the 4" screen on the epic is enough for the on screen kb to work just as well most times. i rarely use the kb. and when i do use it, it's to making holding the phone easier when i'm watching a video. i have big fat stubby fingers as well. the wife has the epic touch, and the keyboard on that screen is even better than mine.

i think in general, people do buy more touch phones than physical keyboard phones. people want bigger and thinner, i think it's a safe assumption to say that the physical kb lovers are an ever shrinking minority. there may be a lot of phones with physical qwerty's, but not nearly as many as those without, and i'd be willing to put money on the fact that they aren't selling as much as the ones without the kb's as well.

i do think it's a bit of a jump to say sprint has given up on wp7(or 8) b/c of the physical kb, but combining that with only one wp7 in over a year, and nothing but a few random rumors, makes it safe to say, so far, they are giving up. which is killing me, b/c i am up for a new phone, my epic just shattered, and am stuck using a hero, plus the htc x, galaxy nexus, and probably gsiii are all around the corner. It's going to be hard to pass all 3 by to wait for a potentially never coming wp7/8 :( i don't know if i have the strength!
    04-19-2012 12:03 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD