Microsoft testing Windows Phone 8 with dual-core Snapdragon S4 for Sprint?

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I was ready to abandon Sprint but if they'll toss out a Nokia 2nd gen phone... I'll live with crappy data for now. lol

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
"interested in a potential"

Honestly that's a whole lot of nothing. This'll maybe hit in 2013 IF Sprint actually picks it up. I wouldn't wait on this if you aren't happy with what you have now. That's gonna be a long wait.

Skycop

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If Apollo is going to be bring dual-core, there's no doubt they'll be testing already.

Sprint would have to have at least something in the pipeline with leaked pics for me to even consider sticking around. Testing something just doesn't cut it for me. They should've been testing something last year but they were too busy chasing apples.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Sprint would have to have at least something in the pipeline with leaked pics for me to even consider sticking around. Testing something just doesn't cut it for me. They should've been testing something last year but they were too busy chasing apples.

Forgive my lack of knowledge regarding Sprint, but aren't they merely a service provider (carrier)? I was commenting that, carriers aside, MS will have already been testing dual-cores for Windows Phone 8. Sprint will surely just get the pick of the OEM devices once they're available?

Michael Goff

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Forgive my lack of knowledge regarding Sprint, but aren't they merely a service provider (carrier)? I was commenting that, carriers aside, MS will have already been testing dual-cores for Windows Phone 8. Sprint will surely just get the pick of the OEM devices once they're available?

They would get to pick, but they probably won't. They're too busy pushing iPhones.

Sent from my Titan using Board Express

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I dunno about that. It could go one of two ways.

A) MS wants to make as big a splash as possible with Win8 and show off the whole Ecosystem, which means the WP8 devices are ready to go at the same time. Boosting WP8 by riding the coattails of Win8 makes the most sense to me.

B) MS decides to roll out WP8 after Win8 because it's either
  • Not ready
  • they don't want it to get drowned out in the hype of Win8
  • they want to prolong and build up enthusiasm for Win8 by having a drum beat of rollouts one after the other.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see something like this for Sprint. I've been content and happy with my Arrive but would really appreciate a bigger screened slider similar to my wife's Evo that she uses. I've been a MS user since the early days and my only mobile devices have been Windows based also.

It really just baffles me how badly Microsoft has been advertising and marketing itself. They release an OS for the desktop and phone that is a pretty significant change and they will again with Win8/WP8 and there is nearly no real discussion with it. Whereas, look at Apple. They can make the most minor of changes to an already existing item, not even come close to the speculated specs the media is touting prior and they still have people per-ordering and waiting for days in line, in in-climate weather and willing to pay top dollar to have it. Only to release something else a few months later with another minor change and have people doing it all over again.

When will they get a clue? They ARE the REASON why their products don't do as well as they should.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
They would get to pick, but they probably won't. They're too busy pushing iPhones.

Sent from my Titan using Board Express

GThey would get to pick with their money and if they are willing to bear the costs they can get a device or devices. having emptied a great deal of their limited coffers for the iPhone how much they are willing to dole out for a dual core WP8 device remains to be seen. n the mean time ATT will be their with their vast resources to pick what they want, whether you like or agree with that or not is not relevant to the bottom line.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I dunno about that. It could go one of two ways.

A) MS wants to make as big a splash as possible with Win8 and show off the whole Ecosystem, which means the WP8 devices are ready to go at the same time. Boosting WP8 by riding the coattails of Win8 makes the most sense to me.

B) MS decides to roll out WP8 after Win8 because it's either
  • Not ready
  • they don't want it to get drowned out in the hype of Win8
  • they want to prolong and build up enthusiasm for Win8 by having a drum beat of rollouts one after the other.

IMHO it should be a joint rollout to show the symmetry and synergy between the two

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am a hopeless optimist. I truly believe Sprint will pick up at least one WP8 device if for no other reason than to look like they are mot falling behind. Nokia wants to be on all carriers in the US. They will entice Sprint somehow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs