So I walked into the ATT store this AM

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, got a Titan for a penny on the 8th and have enjoyed lurking here since then. Went into the store this morning and said "Come on, let me see the new sexy. I know you have it." The guy asked "New iPad?" "Dude, no. The 900. I know it's in here." I pull out my Titan and the manager says "Sneak peek!!!" and let me play with it. The screen really pops, they said it will ship with Tango, the Nokia apps will be great, and whether they are being paid to say so or not, each employee is drooling over it. I told them to download Wordament, I said the Titan gives my hand a cramp, they laughed. No word on the price from them yet but even the kid with all Apple gear wants it. They love the Live tiles, that everything is customizable, and how smooth it runs. They commented how it's light years past WinMobile and super intuitive. All in all, they are jazzed to have it, are looking forward to the app store filling out and are raving about Apollo's possibilities. A good trip to the ATT store. Now to work that contract down to a reasonable level..... =)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
A refreshingly positive story, considering we're talking about AT&T. Thanks for sharing and welcome to WP Central. :)

BTW, I'm jealous you got to play with the 900! :D

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
thanks! I've been off contract with Virgin Mobile for over a year, and am dipping my toe in the water here. I really like the Lumia. While the Titan is... Substantial, the Lumia feels like..a phone. You can work it with one hand, it doesn't feel like an aircraft carrier, and the cyan... Will definitely attract some eyeballs.

thoughthalo

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
i am a iPhone 4s user and am seriously considering move back to WP7 to the 900. thats right.. back.. i have used the Focus, Focus S and Titan before

RStock521

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I went in to an ATT store in a Cleveland suburb and they let me play with the Lumia after some hesitation. They seemed excited someone was asking about it. I just wish their data wasn't so expensive, but I'll definitely be getting this on day 1.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who got his 4S on launch day and is seriously considering using his grandma's upgrade to get a Lumia 900. He's gonna wait for it in white, but I'm really impressed that Windows Phone is winning over a guy who's bought every iPhone ever released on launch day.

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, in a fun turn of events, I went back into the store today, and was told
A) though I'm within the 30 days, the new phone will cost $99 "I can't find the $99 off on our website." I showed her. Didn't help.
B) yes, I will need to activate it +$35
C) I will need to pay the prorated bill I got for $140 for having a phone for 3 weeks... Including the activation and restocking fees.

I told her: "Know what, I don't need it that badly. Take this one back too." I got the "wow" face and I realized I never want a phone with a contract ever again. What a crock of crap. Sucks, but now I'm looking forward to the HTC One V, I guess. These contracts are ridiculous. And telling the customer to pay $170 for a 3 week rental.... Are you kidding me? I called customer service and got that down to $50 plus the restocking fee I already paid.

Color me disgruntled, no Microsoft Store in my area, stuck with crappy Virgin Mobile. Bah humbug.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Went into AT&T this morning and the rep let me play with his Lumia. Freaking gorgeous phone...I have the VZW trophy now and now when I use it I feel like I'm using a child's toy.

The rep said he liked it and they all seemed somewhat excited for the launch.

Honestly I'd switch but VZW's network still beats the crap out of AT&Ts unless you live in a metro area. Where my wife works, her AT&T friends have to go outside and stand on a car to get service, she can use her phone from the bowels of the building. Not only that but VZW has 4G LTE, which I Wish I could take advantage of.
It's frustrating that VZW is just that much better (seriously, if you say they're not, you must live close to a city..just look at AT&T vs Verizon's coverage map)

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I am also a VZW Trophy user but I have had it with the VZW attitude regarding WP7. I suffered through WM 5 and up and am tickled pink with WP7 especially since Mango. I decided to visit ATT yesterday since my partners have ATT service and claim to have no coverage problems. The 900 they had was actually behind the counter. Had to ask to see it. Held my Trophy next to it and realized what a small increase in screen size really makes. I made the decision to move to ATT and preordered my Lumia 900 in black. I will have to pay the VZW exit fine but to me it will be worth it to leave them in their Droid/IPhone daze.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Went into AT&T this morning and the rep let me play with his Lumia. Freaking gorgeous phone...I have the VZW trophy now and now when I use it I feel like I'm using a child's toy.

Honestly I'd switch but VZW's network still beats the crap out of AT&Ts unless you live in a metro area. Where my wife works, her AT&T friends have to go outside and stand on a car to get service, she can use her phone from the bowels of the building. Not only that but VZW has 4G LTE, which I Wish I could take advantage of.
It's frustrating that VZW is just that much better (seriously, if you say they're not, you must live close to a city..just look at AT&T vs Verizon's coverage map)

That's BS its no where near that much better. Stop drinking the kool aid

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am also a VZW Trophy user but I have had it with the VZW attitude regarding WP7. I suffered through WM 5 and up and am tickled pink with WP7 especially since Mango. I decided to visit ATT yesterday since my partners have ATT service and claim to have no coverage problems. The 900 they had was actually behind the counter. Had to ask to see it. Held my Trophy next to it and realized what a small increase in screen size really makes. I made the decision to move to ATT and preordered my Lumia 900 in black. I will have to pay the VZW exit fine but to me it will be worth it to leave them in their Droid/IPhone daze.

Welcome:)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

If the 900 takes off, and I fully expect it will (pre-ordered mine today), Verizon is going to be scratchin their heads, again! Hope they lose a boatload of good customers over their anti-WP attitude.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear.

I honestly think only fanboys say Windows Phone is crap, everyone else thinks it's good or excellent.

I'm sick and tired of hearing the argument that Windows Phone still doesn't have many apps. It's like they're going to need and install all 74000 of them. Sure, there's one or other application which someone might need, but overall, that argument is invalid.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I've found that many of the apps I use (important ones) are in Windows phones anyways, and I have a few replacements. I don't game much on a phone. I have a PS3, Xbox 360, and a PC, with huge screens at that. So yeah, what ever games windows has, I'll deal with it. First and foremost, I need to make calls. Everything else is pretty much secondary, but the things it does secondary I assume it will do well. plays videos, check my social apps, weather, check bank accounts, transfer money, count calories, check movie times, well....you get the point.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
That's BS its no where near that much better. Stop drinking the kool aid
You must live in an area with high population density, out here in TX, the only one that has service in the country is VZW. Sad but true. May switch to AT&T when I move back to NY but for now the only choice is VZW....

Last edited:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
You must live in an area with high population density, out here in TX, the only one that has service in the country is VZW. Sad but true. May switch to AT&T when I move back to NY but for now the only choice is AT&T....

Did you mean to the "May switch to AT&T when I move back to NY but for now the only choice is VZW..."

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
You must live in an area with high population density, out here in TX, the only one that has service in the country is VZW. Sad but true. May switch to AT&T when I move back to NY but for now the only choice is AT&T....

US Cellular has the best rural service you can get, and less expensive plans than Verizon. They don't have all the new sexy phones like the Lumia 900 or whatever, but they don't deliberately hamstring Windows Phone as opposed to other OSes like Verizon does. I've got an HTC 7 Pro through US Cellular.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
thanks! I've been off contract with Virgin Mobile for over a year, and am dipping my toe in the water here. I really like the Lumia. While the Titan is... Substantial, the Lumia feels like..a phone. You can work it with one hand, it doesn't feel like an aircraft carrier, and the cyan... Will definitely attract some eyeballs.

it's funny you say that because the dimensions of the phones are almost identical, with the main difference being height which wouldn't be noticed while cradling in your hand. I have a sneaking suspicion we will see this same chassis return with an Apollo phone but sporting multiple cores and a 4.5" screen this fall. It is just too big to have a little 4.3" screen in it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)