Verizon is freaking ridiculous.

catdawg426

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Could they try to piss me off anymore??? I really could care less about 4g! Most of the country doesn't even have it!!!! Just put in the hardware, and then microsoft can add software support later if you really insist on 4G!!!! ATT is god awful where I live but I don't care anymore. Maybe I'll to T-Mo and get my lumia 900 unlocked. I'm freaking sick of the lack of support for WP. I've got a friend who hates apple, and loves microsoft. But he bought an Iphone 4 months ago because he didn't even know WP7 existed!!! Not only are carries (VERIZON) being %$#%heads, Microsoft can't market worth a crap! I'm sorry, I love wp7 but the few commercials I see suck. You know what would REALLY stick out is something of this manner, this could actually get wp7 some attention. Steve Ballmer Sells Windows XP - YouTube

I'm sick of getting laughed at for owning a WP7. They are super original, efficient and user friendly. Yet me friends wouldn't even consider it a rival to their precious almighty iPhone (except my microsoft loving friend).

This turned into a multi topic rant. My main point is as soon as my contract is done, i'm gone. New verizon wp7 or not.
:mad:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Careful with that Lumia 900 on T-Mobile. You'll only get 2G speeds, not 3G or 4G. However, I welcome you to T-Mobile, I like them! Since moving to T-Mo from Sprint I save about $35 a month on two lines. Unreal.

Don't do anymore contracts!

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon being mainly Android, who knows what is going to happen for WP on the carrier. Also the fact that Verizon is heavily in bed with Motorola which as of late is owned by Google, if I remember correctly. Never know if and when we'll get a new WP device, if Verizon gets one at all.

It's not about what the consumer wants. By the end of 2013 through 2014, America wont support 3G it will all be 4G/LTE. So everyone is trying to get their networks up and running. Thats why Verizon is demanding for a 4G/LTE WP device.

As for marketing, There are always ups and downs with marketing. Have to find the right way to sell the product. MS just hasn't gotten it right yet, but Nokia sure has. So hopefully things will change.

catdawg426

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. Hopefully things willl change. Thanks for the heads up speedtouch! I'm never doing a contract again, and T-Mo service here is way better than ATT, and quite honestly, I'd be fine with a Lumia 710 until they get something nicer!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. Hopefully things willl change. Thanks for the heads up speedtouch! I'm never doing a contract again, and T-Mo service here is way better than ATT, and quite honestly, I'd be fine with a Lumia 710 until they get something nicer!

You're welcome. My wife has the Lumia 710 and it's awesome. Great phone. I am sure you'd like it. Plus if you buy your Monthly 4G refills online, you can get some great discounts. I sure do.

I am so happy to hear someone say they're never doing a contract again. Good for you!!

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Just to put another option on the table: US Cellular.

They don't have sexy phones (from any carrier), but US Cellular has good prices, great customer service, and great rural cell coverage. They've only got one Windows Phone--the HTC 7 Pro, a 3.6" with a slide-out physical keyboard. It's not sleek and it doesn't have a big gorgeous screen, but it's well-made and practical.

catdawg426

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at US Cellular. I've heard they are good here in Bend, and I love the keyboard on that thing. Not quite worth the switch though.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You could always buy the HTC Trophy off-contract on eBay...

BTW, over half of the U.S. population is now covered by Verizon's 4G LTE network.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
You should care about Verizon 4G. It's

1. Awesome. I pretty routinely get 35mbps down.
2. Already covers 2/3 of the US population, and will hit 80% by the end of the year.

2012-04-20%2008.07.05.png

soulzero

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
You should care about Verizon 4G. It's

1. Awesome. I pretty routinely get 35mbps down.
2. Already covers 2/3 of the US population, and will hit 80% by the end of the year.

Click to view quoted image
Verizon Just recently Expressed some interest in Windows Phone too... Possibly warming up to WP because of the Lumia 900... who knows they may have hot new Nokia Windows Phone this summer (it could happen!)... it would be nice to see maybe a Red Lumia 900 on Verizon...

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon, please release a WP8! I don't want to go back to Android... I can't, no... I'd rather get an iPhone than go back.

Funny thing is, I picked up the iPhone this week, basically just to use my discount and avoid the upgrade fee they are adding this week. Still waiting to sell, looks like I have a buyer lined up, but until then it is sitting on the kitchen table.

Hardware wise, I would love to rip the box open and just keep it. Software wise...I got my wife an iPod Touch for a graduation gift so I've been able to play with iOS 5 a bit recently. And it makes me really have no desire to switch. I don't think I could get used to something so primitive ;) :dry

I find WP7 so slick and smooth, it's just about perfect for me. So hopefully they release a new one this fall/winter for me to pay retail price for.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Verizon, please release a WP8! I don't want to go back to Android... I can't, no... I'd rather get an iPhone than go back.

I'd be really surprised if Verizon doesn't support WP 8, though they may not support it as strongly as AT&T will.

As for comparing the different mobile OS, iOS is better (and in terms of just working, arguably a lot better) than Android OS, though Windows Phone OS is better than iOS IMO (mainly because iOS is bland compared to Windows Phone OS). If Verizon doesn't support WP 8, going with the iPhone 5 when I get a new phone/renew my contract later this year is my current backup plan.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up an HTC Trophy this weekend off of eBay to hold me over until WP8 devices roll out on Verizon in Q4 Holiday season. iP4S has a new home already.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes