05-08-2012 06:53 PM
64 123
tools
    I will repost what I said in the comments of the article when it was posted on WPCentral:

FINALLY, I can get aboard the mothership and join my people...

In all seriousness though, I hope Nokia has multiple phones lined up for WP8 because as much as I like it for its different design, I could care less about the camera on my phone...So, the more big and obtrusive it is, the more disappointed I will be. All I want is a high res AMOLED display WITHOUT going to Samsung (I know this is a lot to ask!)
    04-14-2012 03:52 AM
    Wow, that thing looks nice! I hope it's real AND that it comes to Verizon (yeah, I realize the odds of that are slim...)
    04-14-2012 10:51 PM
    Wow, that thing looks nice! I hope it's real AND that it comes to Verizon (yeah, I realize the odds of that are slim...)
    Hey! I will drink to slim chances!

Here is to a non-Samsung high-res AMOLED display on WP8 on T-Mobile and a Nokia phone on Verizon.

Next to mine, yours looks reasonable, do you feel better? :p
    Winterfang and johaas like this.
    04-14-2012 11:18 PM
    I, personally, am not down with the design at all....but it's definitely nice to see Nokia (anyone, for that matter) making some waves and trying new things. The more I see and hear from Nokia, the happier I am that they have this deal with Microsoft. Good things coming!
    04-14-2012 11:51 PM
    If it doesn't have a BSI sensor it's DOA.
    04-15-2012 01:01 AM
    it looks so damn ergonomic. Almost like it was even designed to be used as a phone. I can imagine putting it between my head and shoulder comfortably....want now.
    04-15-2012 01:08 AM
    Current Lumia design + Pureview sensor= WINNING!
    04-15-2012 04:06 AM
    I'm not a fan of the design. I don't mind the fatness that comes with having Pureview. But I think this design has too much going on. Especially on the top and bottom edges.

Then again, I'd probably still buy it if it was their only flagship device.
    04-15-2012 05:30 AM
    After the Lumia 900 fiasco I don't trust Nokia in the camera department. I don't know who Carl Seizz is, but now I'm sure he was a pedo.
    feedmylittletroll likes this.
    04-15-2012 08:58 AM
    It's certainly a striking design. I like how the curves try to hide the bulge of that sensor, but it's definitely not for everyone. Would be an amazing boost for the platform though.
    04-15-2012 09:19 AM
    Looks comfortable to use, uncomfortable to pocket...
    04-15-2012 09:59 AM
    That design is just insane if it's real. The huge camera definately fits there nicely and it looks nice to hold.
    That phone would surely make headlines. Either positive hype or everyone laughing at it.
    I dont know which.
    04-15-2012 10:11 AM
    I'm of the type that doesnt give a rats *** what people think as long as I enjoy my purchase. I'm a MST3k fan after all, so that has to say something.

This Nokia Pure View WP8 concept better come to T-mobile by the end of the year. Winterfang hit the nail on the head with his analogy. Those lines, those curves, those colors... all of it is attractive to me. I've been waiting for something curvacious from one of these manufacturers, so heres hoping the Pure View looks close to that concept as possible.
    04-15-2012 09:19 PM
    Design looks interesting. I wouldn't rule it out. I've seen the pictures the 808 Pureview can take and they are incredible. Light years beyond ANY phone out there and in the league of some high quality digital SLRs.

It's a brilliant idea that would not only solve the most common problems of even the best cellphone camera, i.e. no optical zoom, poor low light performance, but also make photos of a never before seen quality possible on a phone. Basically the phone would make a digital camera completely unnecessary.

Hopefully Nokia has patented the crap out of this technology so the Korean phone makers can't rip it off.

I can't wait to see it appearing on some WP8 phones. That is going to be awesome and it will be a real selling point for Nokia's Windows Phones, especially if Apple and the Android me-too copycats can't even come close to matching it.
    04-15-2012 10:03 PM
    After the Lumia 900 fiasco I don't trust Nokia in the camera department. I don't know who Carl Seizz is, but now I'm sure he was a pedo.
    There was a Lumia 900 fiasco?

I must have missed that.
    04-15-2012 10:07 PM
    I want one of these...
    04-17-2012 06:25 PM

I must have missed that.
    The Lumia 900 has one of the worse 8megapixel smartphone cameras. The camera was supposed to be better than the one on the Lumia 800 =/.

Also while the 920 concept looks nice, I don't care about the flat look. I like my Optimus 7 look.
    04-17-2012 08:29 PM
    I want one of these...
    nice i just hope this purview is better than what we have now on our lumia 900's
    04-17-2012 08:48 PM
    I don't know man.... doesn't look very pocket-able.
    04-18-2012 10:20 AM
    The Lumia 900 has one of the worse 8megapixel smartphone cameras. The camera was supposed to be better than the one on the Lumia 800 =/.

Also while the 920 concept looks nice, I don't care about the flat look. I like my Optimus 7 look.
    I didn't realize that was a fiasco.
    04-18-2012 12:22 PM
    I want one of these...
    Can't stand the virtual buttons. If you don't want hardware buttons, overhaul the interface to accommodate this. DON'T emulate them on-screen.

I reckon it will look nicer if the buttons are capacitive, and the top bezel equals the bottom bezel (giving the Nokia logo a little more room too).
    04-19-2012 07:12 AM
    I want one of these...
    Don't think so, or hope so, if they are so stupid to change the screen resolution, they're just as bad as android, stick with the 480x 800 screen or double it and don't do 1280 x 720!:@
    04-19-2012 10:49 AM

I must have missed that.
    no, the nokia lumia 900 that i own produces some pretty decent but it could be better, people just want to find something to complain on.
    04-19-2012 10:08 PM

Look the nokia lumia 900 has a pretty good camera. It may not be amazing but it is a good one. So really for the average person it does the job quite but nokia can still produce much better cameras.
    04-19-2012 10:09 PM
    Why are people so concerned over a camera? It's a cell phone! If ya want perfect pix buy a digital camera.
    04-20-2012 07:57 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD