The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-08-2012 05:53 PM
64 123
tools
    Why are people so concerned over a camera? It's a cell phone! If ya want perfect pix buy a digital camera.
    Because there are other smartphones out there with better cameras. How's Windows Phone supposed to gain marketshare if it's high end phones don't even compare to its competitors?
    04-20-2012 07:34 PM
    It looks wild but possible, unlike some of the consept phones we have seen.
    The design actually makes sense and the Pureview looks good on that, unlike on the 808 IMO.
    Nokia has built some crazy phones in the past so I would not be suprised if they made something like this.

Definately not a flagship phone though.
    04-23-2012 05:16 AM
    Why are people so concerned over a camera? It's a cell phone! If ya want perfect pix buy a digital camera.
    Because good cameras where the only thing that Nokia had for themselves. The specs on their phones are terrible except for their impresive cameras, for example the N8 camera is still the one to compare, years after it came out.

Yet here we are 4 Lumias later and all of them had Mediocre cameras, getting shamed by companies that have Windows Phone as an afterthought. It speaks bad of the company.
    04-23-2012 08:30 AM
    I want one of these...
    Slap a keyboard on there and I'm a buyer!
    04-23-2012 03:40 PM
    I know Nokia was always known for having great camera's but they tout the Carl Zeis lens as if its the greatest thing. The problem is you can have a great lens but if the sensors suck, well then so does the camera. The iP4S has a great camera and that is something Nokia needs to add to their arsenal along with their hot designs.
    04-24-2012 08:52 PM
    I know Nokia was always known for having great camera's but they tout the Carl Zeis lens as if its the greatest thing. The problem is you can have a great lens but if the sensors suck, well then so does the camera. The iP4S has a great camera and that is something Nokia needs to add to their arsenal along with their hot designs.
    Well they have proven to have amazing sensors time after time on their Symbian devices. PureView being the latest one.

At this point WP is one big mass of grey devices. Exact same hw platforms and same limitations. Nokia's stenght has been it's industry largest R&D budget and the ability to use different suppliers.

Nokia and Qualcomm are far from friends after the fierce legal battle, Nokia hs jever used Qualcomm SoC's before, neither it would want to. I doubt they will collabrate with Qualcomm on things like pentaband that Nokia has on all Symbian devices and camera. That's why it partnered right away with it's friend ST-Ericsson as it joined WP camp. I got a feeling you wont see PureView on any Nokia WP8 Qualcomm device, same goes for pentaband and more.
    Last edited by tissotti; 04-25-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    04-25-2012 07:32 AM
    Great concept if done correctly. I'd rather see less MP and some smaller sensors to give me a solid 21MP for a slimmer phone instead a bulkier top. I do like the design though, it's an eye turner. Thinking about it though, if would look weird in my pocket (phones in front pocket) and placed on a table due to the gap and rise.
    05-05-2012 10:55 PM
    05-06-2012 07:46 AM
    Specs of the Lumia 920 (the one in the pic) will never happen. If they do it will be late 2013 at the earliest.
    05-06-2012 08:17 AM
    Specs of the Lumia 920 (the one in the pic) will never happen. If they do it will be late 2013 at the earliest.
    Those specs are roughly equivalent to this generations Android phones, what seems so crazy about it?
    05-06-2012 12:32 PM
    It looks like a women's razor.
    05-06-2012 01:55 PM
    What seems crazy is it'll add more expensive parts which we already proved windows phones don't need. The co summer don't want a high cost device that runs just as well for half the price.

HD7 using Board Express!
    05-06-2012 02:57 PM
    After the Lumia 900 fiasco I don't trust Nokia in the camera department. I don't know who Carl Seizz is, but now I'm sure he was a pedo.
    Nokia 808 PureView first sample shots -- feast your eyes (update: GigaPan them!) -- Engadget
    05-06-2012 03:07 PM
    It looks interesting and typical Nokia. However, on the downside I think is the phone size compared to how small the screen is. I'm one to look forward to the WP PureView phone though. Crossing my fingers I will be happy with whatever comes our way.
    05-08-2012 05:53 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD